CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

2nd overall to Dallas?

No question that with the second overall we could get a really talented player. However its been stated on this site about how deep this draft is. My question is IF we traded our first round pick to the cowboys what do you think we could get for it? IMO we would have to get at least there 2 first rounders and more. Just curious as to some of your opinions.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2nd overall to Dallas?

The problem is that Dallas' two picks (22, 28) are too late in the round for it to be an even trade. According to the pick value chart, the Rams' selection carries a value of 2,600, while the Dallas picks combined only equal 1,440. Dallas would have to throw in another pick or a player.

Where is this pick value chart?

I think it would be worth it though to get two first rounds a 2nd and 3rd rounder. Then we could draft a QB in the later part of round 2 or start of round 3.

Drew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Where is this pick value chart?

I think it would be worth it though to get two first rounds a 2nd and 3rd rounder.
    I think Tuna would throw "his" first overall pick into the hat if that was offered!

who do you see Dallas being so hungry for,to give up so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I think Tuna would throw "his" first overall pick into the hat if that was offered!

who do you see Dallas being so hungry for,to give up so much?
    I have heard that they really want McFadden, I also think that if the deal went down it would be on draft day, after the fins make there pick. Dallas would be on the hook for less money to McFadden if he was take 2nd overall rather then 1st (though I'm not sure by how much)

Also i found that Pick values chart and i guess it wouldn't be outrageous for us to take all Dallas's picks lol LINK

The 2nd overall it worth 2600, and all of Dallas's picks are only 1924.2

39thebeast is offline Registered User

they could throw in Tank Johnson, Bobby Carpenter and a 3rd. I wouldnt mind that deal not my favorite, but i wouldn't mind.

1. Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbuilt
    1. Philip Merling, DE, Clemson or BDEA (best DE available)
    2. Mario Mannigham, WR, Michigan
    3. Josh Barrett, SS, Arizona State
    3. John Sullivan, C, Notre Dame

Drew Guest

I have heard that they really want McFadden, I also think that if the deal went down it would be on draft day, after the fins make there pick. Dallas would be on the hook for less money to McFadden if he was take 2nd overall rather then 1st (though I'm not sure by how much)

Also i found that Pick values chart and i guess it wouldn't be outrageous for us to take all Dallas's picks lol LINK

The 2nd overall it worth 2600, and all of Dallas's picks are only 1924.2
    ah rite,well...looking at them picking McFadden is fair enough from their viewpoint,i think it would be crazy of them to throw the house at someone to be one of the 1-2 punch RB`s but there are some crazily run franchises out there...from our viewpoint i think we should take it in a heartbeat ,however i look at these propositions as tho interesting to dream about,pretty unlikely to come to fruitation!

if i run the Cowboys id look at adding youth & depth to their WR & CB core and preferably with 1st day picks...i dont tho so hey ho,lets go!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    ah rite,well...looking at them picking McFadden is fair enough from their viewpoint,i think it would be crazy of them to throw the house at someone to be one of the 1-2 punch RB`s but there are some crazily run franchises out there...from our viewpoint i think we should take it in a heartbeat ,however i look at these propositions as tho interesting to dream about,pretty unlikely to come to fruitation!

if i run the Cowboys id look at adding youth & depth to their WR & CB core and preferably with 1st day picks...i dont tho so hey ho,lets go!
    I remember hearing about them throwing there two first round picks and there RB (his name escapes me) to the fins for there first overall.

chiguy is offline Registered User

It is really, really hard to trade down from the slot we're in. The only case where that will happen is if someone goes nuts and decides they have to have McFadden. But even then they can probably get him with a pick somewhere in the 4-7 range. Why overpay to get up there when you can get him cheaper elsewhere?

I'd much rather see us try to get another second round pick, something no one talks about. But if we moved up and snagged another second round pick we could reasonably end up with a DE, OT, and WR who could all get serious minutes with us next year. Or, if we'd rather, a DE and 2 OTs (its a deep class). We can probably get a second round pick much more easily than we can move down in the first, and potentially with pretty good results.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

No question that with the second overall we could get a really talented player. However its been stated on this site about how deep this draft is. My question is IF we traded our first round pick to the cowboys what do you think we could get for it? IMO we would have to get at least there 2 first rounders and more. Just curious as to some of your opinions.
    I have the entire Dallas draft totaling 1971.66 points. (based on the 2 1st rd picks and rounds 2 thru 7 at the 28th overall). It seems highly unlikely Dallas could work out a trade with us without throwing in a starting player. As has been mentioned by CRFan, McFadden will likely still be available at #3 or farther down. Why try and take him any higher than you need to. It is possible that Atlanta could be interested in McFadden, in which case Dallas might want to try and strike a deal with us, but who could they give us? Flozell the Hotel .. Leonard Davis .. ?? I think we keep the pick unless Atlanta, Oakland, or the Chiefs make us an offer we can't refuse ..