shroomysoup is offline Registered User

With the 2nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select... Brian Orakpo?

What about Leonard Little?

From rotoworld.com:

2. Rams - Texas DE Brian Orakpo

The foundation of new coach Steve Spagnuolo's 4-3 defense is pressure. Orakpo, who racked up 11.5 sacks as a senior and won the Nagurski Award as the nation's best defender, is tailor made to play weak-side end in a four-man front. Adding Orakpo would allow 2008 top pick Chris Long to move to left end, where his run-stopping ability would be capitalized on in a Justin Tuck-like role.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: With the 2nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select... Brian Orakp

Orakpo is a beast. I watched him his entire career here in Austin and I have said before that a bookend of Orakpo/Long will make the NFC West QB's nervous for years. Those two would help Carriker/Ryan big time. I would not be upset at all if Orakpo went here for the Rams.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: With the 2nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select... Brian Orakp

Look at the rest of that draft it is ridiculous, but the draft is so hard to predict that draft is so ridiculous its right.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I wouldn't mind this pick, if we addressed other positions. For example, sign Jordan Gross.

However, with our lousy cap numbers, this doesn't seem likely, and neither does that selection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

We won't know what to believe regarding the draft again this year like last. For evidence, when Billy interviewed with Bernie on 1380 following Spag's hiring they asked him about the draft and players like Crabtree and Andre Smith. Billy replied with something to the effect of "well you know, it is early, but I really do feel we're in a prime spot to look at another quality DE along with those two". Then, he goes on a NY radio show and they asked him about the draft and the defensive line and he said that even though the Rams have needs everywhere including the line, they would address the bigger ones first before looking there again. So as I said, no one knows what to believe. It's all hogwash leading up to the draft!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Remember... everything until the picks are in are lies. And it will all change when free agency starts and we start filling the holes on the team. I just hope that we can clear up some cap room. Pace, Holt and Little are all prime candidates. It'd be nice, but Bennett probably won't take a pay cut.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Like I said before, I can see this scenario:

Should the Rams take Crabtree? Oher? Smith? Orakpo? Jenkins? Monroe? Curry?

And the answer to all would be: YEP