Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

33 43.42%
  • Disagree

43 56.58%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MarshallMarshall Guest

Re: With the 2nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams Select...MICHAEL CRABT

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Vote in the poll if you would agree or disagree with this pick.

I would love to have Crabtree for multiple reasons:

1) A reciever like Crabtree only comes around every few years
    2) Crabtree WILL get drafted by Seattle if we don't take him
    3) We need a Fitzgerald like playmaker if we are going to compete with the Cards
    We need to start getting ready for a new RAMS and it is going to be a defensive minded RAMS so I don't think Crabtree will be in our future. But I do wish we were in the position to be able to spend that pick on him. Spags isn't going to come in here and pick the sexy pick it just doesn't seem like his personality, he wants to build a tough, gritty team and that wouldn't be a good start.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: With the 2nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams Select...MICHAEL CRABT

Once More...

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    The skill positions are not relitivly set at all.

What if Bulger struggles who will be our qb?
    QB struggles directly attributed to line play.

Quote Originally Posted by djdeez
    If Jackson goes down agian will the team crumble like last year?
    Inability to run the ball directly attributed to line play.

Torry Holt is not motivated to re-build he wants out of St.Louis will we look to Avery and Burton to be the starters in there sophmore seasons?
    What is your basis for this statement? All we have is rumor and hearsay. And don't dare cite that youtube video where Holt mentions Carolina for an entire two seconds.

Moreover- would we look for Crabtree to be a starter in his Rookie season?

When was the last time we actually had a good healthy tight end?
    McMichael was Bulger's top target early before he got hurt. He was used to block practically the entirety of the season before... because of bad line play.

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeez
    u agree that not all teams are built on high draft pics well this years draft does not have that #1 freak OT like last years Jake Long even Clady was that good and this years draft is deep in OTs. So we can wait till round 2 to draft an OT.
    Look, to avoid paraphrasing, here's where it stands...
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Days Ago
    This is considered a deep draft class for OT prospects suggesting that picking at number two offers us the ability to select the best of a draft class considered the best. The best of a good class, and I can't emphasize enough how important that factor should be in making your decision. We're not comparing D'Brickshaw Ferguson to Winston Justice as we were a few years ago. We're comparing apples to apples. Four of them. And they are in direct competition with each other. So whoever looks 'bad' for such and such a reason probably only looks bad in comparison to player "X" who is equally as good a prospect but with different strengths and weaknesses.

Due to this depth, there may indeed be a host of talent available later in round one. However, history has shown us time and time again that teams drafting at the back of round one lean toward the OL. That may seem like a blanket statement but there are finite examples every year of good teams doing what good teams do. Building depth where it counts.
    His Sack numbers were up but his penalties were down. He recorded career lows in penalties, false starts and holding. While tieing a career high in games played (lol 16).
    So he allowed more penalties and sacks than any other Rams lineman AND he can start 16 games? That's a keeper right there

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeez
    I stated this reason befor and im going to do it again do we want to face Fitz and Crabtree (the seahawks will take him if we dont) 4 times a season? If Ron Bartellis injured or tired (out for 1-2 plays) then who will cover them? Tye Hill? Fakir Brown?
    So we take him... so somebody else can't?

That's a new one on me.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    QB struggles directly attributed to line play..
    We paid Bulger top 5 Qb money like the Steelers did to Ben. Ben has a horrible line which could be compared the Rams.

I live in NJ and honestly i only went to 1 game (i went to the Jets game) And in the Jets game when Bulger was protected well he made poor decision. Sometimes he rushed his throws cuz he did not belive in his O-Line (which veteren Qb does that?)

Remember the game vs. the Dolphins when we were down about 2-3 and we needed Bulger to drive downfield instead he got a three and out and it was good (not great) protection. Then the drive After (or it was before) Bulger through a pick on an extremly poor decision

Inability to run the ball directly attributed to line play..
    Towards the end of last year the line did a great job to open wholes for action jackson. But are u trying to say that if we had a great line Darby could become the next great RB? Cuz last year after the win over Dallas our line looked motivated and Pittman just did not do a good job in the game vs. NE.

What is your basis for this statement? All we have is rumor and hearsay. And don't dare cite that youtube video where Holt mentions Carolina for an entire two seconds.

Moreover- would we look for Crabtree to be a starter in his Rookie season?.
    Holt has one more year left on his contract in a news article before the last game of the season vs. ATL Holt had no comment about returning next year. After two horrible season of less than 4 wins each year Holt probably does not want to re-build if he has no comment about returing.

Crabtree could be a #2 guy his rookie year. He that good. He is like a 2nd RB he is awsome and puts up good YAC #s. ANd soon he can becom the #1 guy

McMichael was Bulger's top target early before he got hurt. He was used to block practically the entirety of the season before... because of bad line play..
    yea he was but im talking more of a TD threat like a Jason Wittin or Tony G type.

So he allowed more penalties and sacks than any other Rams lineman AND he can start 16 games? That's a keeper right there .
    yea he did but since he is finally getting his O-Line coach back for once maybe he will not need to build chemistry and who know he can becom a solid starter (just trying not to go overboard like before calling him a great prospect)

So we take him... so somebody else can't?

That's a new one on me.
    thats just one reason I mean for the last 2 yrs we are 1-11 in our division. look at the Cardinals in the regular season they were 3-7 in non division games. but 6-0 in division games which got them a playoff spot (u know the rest)

What im trying to say is that we cant let another team in our division get him when we are going to be in need of a #1 reciver when holt leaves whcich will happen within 2 yrs.

lol Bar-bq we seem to disagree alot and not just in this particular thread.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I don't care how good he is... I just want to have a Defense that doesn't make me take my Rams cap off every time they are on the field. I want a D that scars the living hell outta other teams/players. Crabtree won't scar anyone.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Crabtree is a phsyical reciever he can scar people. just ask the texas defense.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

He didn't technically "scare" the UT defense. It was misplayed by the extremely young UT secondary. If Giddeon intercepts the ball that hit him squarely in the chest two plays earlier, you may have never heard of Crabtree. He had 10 catches for 127 yards against Texas but most were on one play in the second half. Also, if the Safety hits Crabtree instead of playing the ball, it's a different outcome.

Don't get me wrong, Crabtree can play. However, I think his stock is a little overrated.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -02-26-2009 at 08:29 PM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I am posting in a Michael Crabtree thread.

07McCarthy is offline Registered User

Ok my take....we take Curry or Crabtree! I used to want J. smith but i will be disapointed with anyone we draft not named Curry or Crabtree. Here is why....Like people state above, there is no clear #1 OT in this draft!

Crabtree: CLEARLY the #1 WR in this draft and all these people saying we can get position players in the few drafts ahead. I say take crabtree cause who in college right now do you see being as good as crabtree is. Crabtree is a special player and a top player in this draft class. I remember reading what other teams fans where saying about LF and why they shouldnt draft him. Now hey are all kicking themselves in the butt.

Curry: The top defensive player in the draft. he can play MLB or OLB. Can be the face of this D for years to come. Fast and strong with a great work ethic. closes on the ball well.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Its amazing how much my mind has changed this year. I really can't pick one player that I believe is the best choice. 4 weeks ago I voted that I agreed with this statement, now I'm all Curry Crazy, and in between I was convinced it was going to be a OT.

Is it April yet???

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

I like Crabtree, but the more I hear about Curry if he's available best player best athlete available lets getem natural leader, great character, etc etc

Ramone is offline Registered User

I know one thing, if we let him go to Seahawks, at least twice per year, we'll curse our destiny we did that! I already fell sick when I think about it!

Ramblin' Man is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    There is no Quality OT like Orlando Pace in this Draft . All the Pro Scouts can't even decide who the best OT is. Good but not great OT's , the best player coming out is WR Crabtree .

I think the Rams should fill the middle of the Defence DT - MLB - SS hopefully at least slow down oposing RB's.
    The Rams have to take the best players regardless of position in beginning of Draft later rounds by need.

Aaron Curry is there waiting for us. With his size and speed he upgrades the Defense immediately. I'd take him

rammiser is offline Registered User

Forget Crabtree I've soured on him a little anyway. I want to go with Curry number 1 and then in the 2nd round I want Hakeem Nicks who I think is going to be the most successful wr that comes out of this draft. We need to keep Pace for this to go down however. If we lose Pace we cant afford to take a wr in round 1 or 2.
    Just Fix It

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

This team has been a SIEVE vs the run for WAY TOO LONG. Curry can bring the hammer that has been missing for a long time. Plenty of WRs to grab later in the game. Those who sleep on the 6'6" Ramses Barden at WR, will be sorry.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Would love to take Curry, but Crabtree will burn us twice a year for a very long time... This is really a tough one... At least afer signing Brown hopefully we will stay away from a boring OT...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast