jmax12 is offline Registered User

2nd and third days of the draft

who are you guys really high on that we could look at getting in the mid to late rounds?
    i personally really hope we take a real good look at 'quizz rodgers, i think itd be sick to have sjax and him, and i dont think we would have to worry about rb egos getting in the way, they both are from oregon state and 'quizz has respect.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: 2nd and third days of the draft

RB - Derrick Locke, Kentucky - A poor man's Chris Johnson; too small (5'9", 190) to ever be a three down back, but is a homerun threat every time he touches the ball. Great receiver, and very elusive. If the line can open a hole, or McDaniels can "scheme" a hole, this kid will burst through it. Also, a great return man. And a DeSpags pillar kind of guy.

WR - DeAndre Brown, So. MS - standard WR story here; all the physical tools (6'6", 235, 4.5), but there's an injury history and possible work ethic concerns. A lot of flags, but with a clean bill of health and shot of maturity, this kid could be a monster.

OG - Zach Hurd or Carl Johnson - two different players. Hurd (6'6", 317) is a hard worker and versatile. A rich man's Adam Goldberg, which ain't bad for a late round pickup. Johnson (6'6", 360) is a beast with amazing strength, and (as Mayock would say) is dominant in a phone booth; but he won't be a candidate to pull.

DE - Pierre Allen, Nebraska - hey look, the Rams draft a Nebraska DE not named Wistrom or Carriker. Allen is not a superstar, but does his job well. Good athleticsm and the right frame for a 4-3 DE. Needs work on technique and move arsenal, but could develop into a solid starter.

DT - Kenrick Ellis, Hampton - size for a 3-4 NT (6'5", 345), but can move like a 4-3 UT. Great athleticism, very disruptive. BUT......what happened in South Carolina? The interviews will be more telling than the stopwatch.

OLB - KJ Wright, MS State - good all-around LB, can play SAM or WILL; moves well for a bigger LB (6'3", 246), but doesn't always show the best instincts. Great character and work ethic.

S - Eric Hagg, Nebraska - purely a FS, but all the skills needed to play centerfield. Will bite on play-action, but recovers well.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Re: 2nd and third days of the draft

Casey Mathews- great bloodlines, impressive in national championship

Mark Herzilrich- Think he could be very dynamic, cancer is a question mark

Greg Little- Could be the Mike Williams of this year, but with less character concerns

Demarco Murray- I think he will be a dynamic player maker at the NFL level

Randall Cobb- I think he is comparable to Percy Harvin

Cliff Mathews, SC- I think he will turn out to be one of the best ends in the class, but may not be as impressive in the first year.

Robert Sands- I think we like him already, but I really like him too. Super-physical SS, many are saying he could be a better fit at LB (but not in out system)