RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

3/19/07 Rams Mock

With the recent additions of Draft and Rumph.

Round 1: Alan Branch, Defensive Tackle, Michigan
    - Due to the rise of other prospects Alan Branch's stock is lowering, and his performance at the Michigan Pro Day didn't help him any, dropping him right into the lap of the Rams. He's a Prototypical type Nose Tackle, he can be explosive but also can hold the point of attack and collapse a pocket. He's been compared to Jimmy Kennedy but these two are different players in my opinion, Kennedy was never as good and talented as Alan Branch.

Round 2: Anthony Spencer, Defensive End, Purdue
    - The Rams aquired James Hall this Off-season to compliment Leonard Little for a year or two, this is by no means a Permanent and Future thing. The Rams drafted Victor Adeyanju last year but he's more of a Run Stopper who would be good being worked in and out in a rotation for Pass/Run downs but Anthony Spencer is a solid run stopping Defensive End and a very good pass rusher (10.5 Sacks last season).

Round 3: Quincy Black, Linebacker, New Mexico

Round 4: Leroy Harris, Center, North Carolina State

Round 5: Brandon Myles, Wide Receiver, West Virginia

Round 6: Jon Cornish, Running Back, Kansas

Round 7: Roderick Rogers, Safety, Wisconsin

Projected Starting Lineup:

QB Bulger
    RB Jackson
    FB Hedgecock
    WR Holt
    WR Bruce
    TE McMichael
    LT Pace
    LG Setterstrom
    C Harris
    RG Incognito
    RT Pace

RE Hall
    UT Wroten
    NT Branch
    LE Little
    WLB Tinoisamoa
    MLB Witherspoon
    SLB Draft
    RCB Hill
    FS Atogwe
    SS Chavous
    LCB Bartell

RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: 3/19/07 Rams Mock

Thoughts...

Rd1: Looks good to me, though I'd like to see the twelve picks in front of us to see exactly how he falls to us.

Rd2: I personally doubt Spencer is there for us in round two. If he is, great pick. I don't think it's likely though.

Rd3: Doubt the Rams take a first day LB after signing Draft, and everything I've heard about Black suggest WILL linebacker

Rd4: Maybe a bit early for Harris but it works. Looking at your depth chart, I'd be shocked if he starts from day one though.

Rd5: I think you're trying to win me over here. Myles stock is on the rise though and he'd be a solid mid round selection.

Rd6: Personally I think we look for a running back much earlier than this. We basically don't have anything behind Jackson and Minor.

Rd7: Fine depth selection, but is he good enough to warrant us carrying a fifth safety? I'm not so sure. If that's the case, could we draft at a position that could make the team?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Oh, and Nick...

Try to figure that out.
    RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

LOL, I got it. From now on I won't give any input on mocks.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

chiguy is offline Registered User

If this were our draft, I'd be a happy guy.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Thoughts...

Rd1: Looks good to me, though I'd like to see the twelve picks in front of us to see exactly how he falls to us.

Rd2: I personally doubt Spencer is there for us in round two. If he is, great pick. I don't think it's likely though.

Rd3: Doubt the Rams take a first day LB after signing Draft, and everything I've heard about Black suggest WILL linebacker

Rd4: Maybe a bit early for Harris but it works. Looking at your depth chart, I'd be shocked if he starts from day one though.

Rd5: I think you're trying to win me over here. Myles stock is on the rise though and he'd be a solid mid round selection.

Rd6: Personally I think we look for a running back much earlier than this. We basically don't have anything behind Jackson and Minor. Rd7: Fine depth selection, but is he good enough to warrant us carrying a fifth safety? I'm not so sure. If that's the case, could we draft at a position that could make the team?
    Cornish is a great RB. I feel he has just as much potential as Marshawn Lynch.

Country is offline Registered User

The draft looks solid if a little unrealistic.

I still doubt that Branch falls to us with the teams that are ahead of us.

Spencer does not make it out of the 1st round.

rampete is offline Registered User

i'm not sold on alan branch at all...

he's started only 23 games in his three years at michigan and has a total of 61 tackles and a total of 9 sacks during that stay...

watched his game footages of the usc/michigan bowl game and saw that he was consistently pushed off the LOS or aside by usc's center and guard...he has a tendency to turn his shoulders like a 1-gap DT which puts him in bad position on run plays...

even in the highly touted ohio/michigan game branch managed to somehow disappear except for one nice play he made, in which he got pressure up the middle on a stunt and forced an errant pass that was picked off...it seemed like he ran out of gas near the end of the 13 game season...

he may've dominated against opponents in the collegiate level but i wonder if he has the drive to overcome playing against opponents that can consistently neutralize him on the next level...
    Last edited by rampete; -03-20-2007 at 01:00 PM.

keith m. klink Guest

i'm not sold on this guy either, i would have to honestly say, if it were between branch, and using adam carriker as the nose, i would take carriker without hesitation. i'm sorry to all you guy's that just called me a whole bunch of names, but all in all , carriker is , and will always be a better player, a harder worker , and an all out better defender , who will give his all , throughout the whole game , and season. and you will not find anyone who's seen these players play, disagree with this. not going by , what some people say or the draft people on a said program. but people who have watched these players play.