Thread: 3 Round Mock

sntlouisrams is offline Registered User

3 Round Mock

I'm not fully informed on all college players (live within UK so kinda hard to keep up on that, but i try)

ROUND 1 DT N.Suh

The reason for this pick is fairly straight forward, strong dt that will demand double teams. Proven solid DT will help whole defence get better and overall a sure fire first pick.

ROUND 2 QB: C.McCoy

Reason for picking McCoy I think although people will say he has played in a micky mouse offence etc and slate him for this. He is a solid leader good completion rate and behind a good qb coach I personally feel we could find a real gem in getting him here.

ROUND 3 WR/KR/RB D.McCluster

Reasoning for this pick fairly straight forward. McCluster is a pure out and out playmaker, in whatever position we choose to use him in. Chris Johnson is not the biggest RB in the league he seemed to do pretty well for himself. McCluster would give us options however we give him the ball.

COMMENTS please

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: 3 Round Mock

Can't argue with the first two picks.

As for McCluster... he is REALLY small. While I think he could be a very good complimentary back for Jackson, my concern would be that he is not a guy who could fill in as a starter should Jackson ever tweak an ankle and have to miss a game or two.

Still, I wouldn't bee too upset with these three picks.

I think McCluster is small but he can be a complimentary back to begin with and if he does suprise and causes an upset. If not we have a good playmaker that can do anything that can pop up here there and everywhere but cant wait to draft. Only have to pray he impresses the rams and no1 else

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Can't argue with the first two picks.

As for McCluster... he is REALLY small. While I think he could be a very good complimentary back for Jackson, my concern would be that he is not a guy who could fill in as a starter should Jackson ever tweak an ankle and have to miss a game or two.

Still, I wouldn't bee too upset with these three picks.
    McCluster being 5'9" and weighing in at 170 pounds definitely needs to put some weight on. I'm thinking he needs to be around 190 lbs.

Examples of other smallish backs:
    Darren Sproles- 5'6" (181 lbs)
    Maurice Jones-Drew- 5'7" (208 lbs)

I like the first two picks alot but this kid at number 3 kind of scares me. How durable will he be with such a slender frame.

K. Null is offline Registered User

How many more "safe" pics can we make though? We need playmakers and McCluster offers a lot of excitement for a 3rd round guy.

Also, wouldn't you say a QB is more important than a DT? If you are willing to waste your 2nd round pick on one, why not just take Bradford in the first round. This is a very deep class for DL.

I can't wait to see how this QB class pans out... I honestly don't see any promise what so ever, we have waited to long to address this problem.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

The reason for not simply picking up a different DT is quite simply because no other DT is on the same level of Suh than perhaps Mccoy and IMHO being fair and watching many games and highlights, Suh is the better overall player. He's stronger, much better against the run, can rush the passer, rarely gets taken out of the play, commands double teams, gets hands up, very intelligent and sets up moves and ways to disrupt the passer, a leader, hardworker, and just seems to be a good guy who isn't a square...

Let's just pick Suh and either get Mccoy and be ready to have him as "THE GUY" or hold off another year and get a quarterback in 2011. Whoever we get has to be the guy for at least 4 years. Can't get Mccoy this year and then Locker next year, have to make sure your ready to go all in.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Null View Post
    How many more "safe" pics can we make though? We need playmakers and McCluster offers a lot of excitement for a 3rd round guy.

Also, wouldn't you say a QB is more important than a DT? If you are willing to waste your 2nd round pick on one, why not just take Bradford in the first round. This is a very deep class for DL.

I can't wait to see how this QB class pans out... I honestly don't see any promise what so ever, we have waited to long to address this problem.
    In response I think McCoy would be a nice fit with his short/medium passes for the rams. Also you pick bradford and a de/dt in round 2 you do not get anywhere near as much as Suh and McCoy offer you in my mind. I feel people are too harsh on McCoy and he could turn out to shock alot of people. (IF HE TURNS OUT TO BE NEXT D.BREES we would be laughing)

npow81 is offline Registered User

I don't think the discussion on McCluster will matter, no matter how small, McCluster is fastly rising up the draft boards, I would venture a guess he won't be there at top of 3rd.

However, I think adding a tool like McCluster would help, especially if we form an identity as a superior defensive team (which Suh and a few more pieces might bring) and need those one or two big plays a game to get us by offensively.

rams_man13 is offline Registered User

I love both Suh and McCluster. I'm not a fan of McCoy, to be honest, the only QB I like in this draft is Bradford, I'd much rather build a team and then add a QB after the team has some talent surrounding it.