Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Draftniksince1985 is offline Registered User

3-way trade for Suh fans

Rams Get
    #2 overall (Suh), #37 overall (from WAS)

Lions Get
    #4 overall (Okung), #99 & #170 (Rams 4th+6th), WAS*2011 2nd Round Pick

Redskins Get
    #1 overall (Bradford)

Rams get best player in the draft, pay less and add an high second round pick.

Lions are rumored to be looking to trade down to save money and are likely concidering picking an OT to protect Stafford even at #2. Their reward for moving down comes mostly next year with what should be an early second round pick. Don't forget that the #2 pick has little trade value if the rams select Bradford at #1.

WAS, who has historically been willing to spend the money for what they want, get their franchise QB without paying too steeply for trading up.

msha is offline Registered User

Re: 3-way trade for Suh fans

Why should the rams give up a 4th round pick when we are trading down? I don't care much about the 6th but the first pick in the 4th round in a deep draft I do not like.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

God Damnit you are a genious. I'd bash my head through the wall if we were to pull this off.

Looks realistic, and all the teams get what they want. I LOVE YOU.

If this is a deep draft then you would expect to get a strong first round talent at #37 for a fourh, a sixth and moving down one spot. The lions however are gettin a second next year which should be a shallower draft due to so many juniors declaring for this years draft. They're also moving down two spots and waiting a year for most of the pay-off. Those 2 picks are just to make the trade realistic for all three teams.

Bash your head through the wall in a good way or a bad way?

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Wait let me get this straight we give up a 4th and a 6th just to move down to pick up Suh when we could stay at 1 and pick suh without giving anything up

Also there is no way the redskins give up there 2nd there under new management and they need all the picks they can to build mike shanahans team.
    Last edited by BarronWade; -03-27-2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: misread the thread a bit

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Wait let me get this straight we give up a 4th and a 6th just to move down to pick up Suh when we could stay at 1 and pick suh without giving anything up

Also there is no way the redskins give up there 2nd there under new management and they need all the picks they can to build mike shanahans team.
    No the Rams would get the Skins second as well, thats the kicker.
    Obviously the Rams wouldn't do this trade without the skins giving up something.

If the Skins don't want to trade their second then we stay at one and take Bradford.

I kinda like it. Of course the the Skins have to believe we are drafting Bradford and they have to want him, also the Lions have to not want Suh or McCoy... rather Okung to protect Stafford.

This is one of those deals that makes too much sense to work
    I think the only way this could go down is if we draft Bradford, then do the trade.

History shows when a new coach comes to a team he drafts a new QB. And no, we give up a 1st, 4th & 6th and in return get a 1st & a 2nd.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'd bash my head through the wall in a fantastic way!

Damned Ramz Guest

I love the idea of getting more picks, but I dont think it would happen.

The only way the rams trade to the skins is if they don't want bradford, with the lions and bucs not taking a QB, what incentive is there for the skins to move up in the draft?
    Furthermore, what negotiating power does Devaney have in convincing the skins that the rams really want bradford...but would be willing to trade him for your first and a second rounder?

Well you simply draft him (like you would otherwise) then offer the trade with the lions on the clock.

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Draftniksince1985 View Post
    History shows when a new coach comes to a team he drafts a new QB. And no, we give up a 1st, 4th & 6th and in return get a 1st & a 2nd.
    So that is where the Rams went wrong.....

Damned Ramz Guest

Well you simply draft him (like you would otherwise) then offer the trade with the lions on the clock.
    What I'm saying is if the rams are sold on Bradford then they should and will take him...and if the skins want him then let them try and blow you away to try and get him (eli manning for philip rivers a future 1st, 3rd and 5th).

If the rams aren't sold on bradford then I just find it hard to believe management would risk playing games on a decision that is going to affect the franchise for the next decade.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Nope, i can not tell you how much i dislike this idea. We would become the worst franchise to get drafted by. You can't draft a kid, have him walk up on stage put the jersey on of the team he now wants to play with for a long long time, then turn around and trade him. What would that say about this team? I know i wouldn't be pleased with that as a fan, and I'm sure no one in the Rams Org. would do that. At least I hope they wouldn't.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

This is the best trade option I've seen on this site. If this happens It would be awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast