39thebeast is offline Registered User

39thebeast Realistic FA list

Barry Cofield, DT, Giants- This move seems destined to happen unless some team goes over the top and gives him ridiculous cash. The Rams failed to draft a DT, he was a key piece of of Spags superbowl winning defense, Giants are over the cap and have other priorities, and the Rams have the cash. He would instantly come in at NT creating one of the best and deepest DL in the NFL.

Reggie Bush, RB, Saints- Bush definitely isn't going to make 11 mil this year so he will be released. Bush gives Mcdaniels a faster more explosive version of Kevin Faulk. He would be a great fit backing up S-jax.

Deuce Lutui, OG, Cardinals- One of McDaniels first moves when coming to Denver was getting rid of Denvers zone blocking scheme. He wanted to establish a physical tough running game. I think he will try to do that here also by bringing in Lutui who won't be easily pushed back into the pocket like goldberg is. Lutui is a big road grading guard who would definitely help in the run game in also solid pass protector. It is also helps to weaken an already week arizona line by taking there best lineman.

Ben Leber, WLB, Vikings- A favorite of LB coach Paul Ferraro. The rams haven't put alot of stock into the OLB position and I really don't expect that to change. A signing Similar to Diggs, but plays on the weak side. A vet who has no real weakness in his game, but doesn't really excel in any aspect. Playing behind the Rams D-line is definitely going to help our LBs. Ideal solution? no, Probable solution? I think so.

Why No Safety?- The Rams have Butler, Dahl, Hines, Stewart, and Nelson at safety no one spectacular, but Spags system doesn't really require spectacular players. I've been saying all offseason that Dahl will be starting he is one of Spags favorites and that hasn't changed. Spags likes Thumpers playing safety thats probably why Nelson is the only pure FS in the bunch. The FS and SS positions are interchangeable. I would guess spags would start off with Butler and Dahl starting with Stewart getting time off the bench.

UDFA-
    Selaver Silga, DT, Utah
    John Clay, RB, Wisconsin
    Zach Hurd, G/T, UCONN
    Last edited by 39thebeast; -07-24-2011 at 08:52 PM.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: 39thebeast Realistic FA list

I would be very happy with those FA signings. Can't Wate!!
    :ramlogo:

swatter555 is offline Registered User

I like your list overall, but I would like to test the market on the top tier WRs too.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Love it, though I don't think we'll be resigning Butler in safety this year since he's due $3 mil (which is a lot for someone who's only made 20 tackles, 1 FF, and 2 INTs last season)

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Butler was banged up most of the year and once he was healthy Dahl had already taken his spot. Paying Butler 3 mil is fairly reasonable for a guy who most likely enters camp as a starter unless you want to fast track stewart or one of the rookies.

As for WR we are stacked with young developing talent(DX, Amendola, Gillyard, Avery, Salas, Pettis, and Gibson). Because we have so many developing youngsters there is only one guy on the market I would look at Sidney Rice. IMO that could go down as one of the best or worst (injury history) FA signing ever for the Rams. IMO Rice is going to get at least 8 mil a year and that 8 mil+ i'm not sure the Rams will spend. Rice is the ideal FA young kind of proven and arguably fills our biggest need. I would love him to come, but I just don't see it happening. The other young prospective number 1 receivers Holmes and Edwards have to much baggage.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Sorry, I hate the Bush signing even more than I hate Bush himself, which is a lot.

Yes, he's not making 11mil, yes he will demand somewhere in the 4-5mil range. Too too much for a guy with a bad knee and can't carry the load. Guarantee we could get McClain from Baltimore for little more than half that, he can carry the load, play in the same backfield as Jackson, and give Jackson breathers on the early downs so that Jax can come in and bust up on nickel and dime defenses.

Coefield and a good guard are my top two priorities, though I have a funny gamble I'm going to propose in my own thread.
    I believe!

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I think out of the ones listed, Coefield has the best chance of signing with us. Liek you said, he teamed up with spags in NY and we are in dire need of a DT.