RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

4.1.06 RF16 new mock

My new mock. I hope you like, Comments please!

- Rams trade Pick #11 to the CINCINNATI BENGALS for Pick #24 and there Round 2 pick.

The Pick Values:
    - Rams #11 - 1250
    - Total Rams Values - 1250

- Bengals #24 - 740
    - Bengals # 55 - 350
    - Total Bengals Values - 1090

The reasons
    Bengals: The Bengals need help at the Defensive Tackle position. By moving up the Bengals could select any of the top DTs in the Draft (Ngata, Bunkley).

Rams: With the Rams in a position that Huff, Davis, Hawk will be gone the top players on D at that position seem to be a reach except for the DTs but the DTs in the draft are thick with potential. The Rams will move down to try and draft someone within reach that has tons of potential on D.

R1 P#24. Manny Lawson DE/LB NC State

R2 P#46 Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA

R2 P#55 Abdul Hodge LB Iowa

R3 P#77 Roman Harper S Alabama

R4 Jason Spitz OG Louisville

R5 Manaia Brown DT B.Y.U.

R6 Skylar Green WR Louisiana State University

R7 David Horne RB University of Northern Iowa

R7 Paul Walkenhorst LB BYU

R7 Pierre Woods LB Michigan

RamsFan16

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: 4.1.06 RF16 new mock

I like your choices, but i dont think we need to sign Horne if Cason gets re-signed, and my mock would include a C because Andy McColumn is getting old

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Well RF16 this scenario has possibilities, but not for the reason you gave: Cincy just signed mammoth DT Sam Adams to a 3yr deal negating the need to move up for a D-lineman. Obviously they could move up for other reasons, though. I like the fact that you don't have the Rams selecting either C. Greenway or D. Ryans, and you DO have both Iowa and Alabama players taken. This will more than likely please your good buddy RamsJackson 39. Hmmm.... are you getting more diplomatic in your young age?? If so we are proud of you!!

WHAT SAY YE?

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

i like it, i like it very much!!! Hope draft goes like that!!

:1:

:1:PLAY EVER SNAP LIKE IT YOUR LAST!!!:1:

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Interesting photo of Marcedes Lewis. The official is signaling a TD before Lewis has possession. Marcedes' reputation as a TD machine does not go unnoticed, even by the officials. How I would love to see him wearing the horns!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    - Rams trade Pick #11 to the CINCINNATI BENGALS for Pick #24 and there Round 2 pick.

The Pick Values:
    - Rams #11 - 1250
    - Total Rams Values - 1250

- Bengals #24 - 740
    - Bengals # 55 - 350
    - Total Bengals Values - 1090
    That's a difference of 160 points, which is the equivilent to a late third round pick. In this draft, that's still a pretty good player. Values don't have to be equal - I guess they don't have to be anything, really - but they should be closer than a first day pick's difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    R1 P#24. Manny Lawson DE/LB NC State

R2 P#46 Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA

R2 P#55 Abdul Hodge LB Iowa

R3 P#77 Roman Harper S Alabama

R4 Jason Spitz OG Louisville

R5 Manaia Brown DT B.Y.U.

R6 Skylar Green WR Louisiana State University

R7 David Horne RB University of Northern Iowa

R7 Pierre Woods LB Michigan
    Not a huge fan of Lawson. He'd be a great addition if we switch to the 3-4, but it's only a sub package right now, and I don't like him very much as either a DE or OLB in the 4-3. If we're looking for SLB help, Bobby Carpenter or Demeco Ryans would be better selections there. If we need a DE, we could probably get either Kiwanuka or Hali still.

I don't really like Lewis either. We need a tight end that's talented in all aspects of the position, and Lewis' questionable blocking and very poor timed speed makes me wonder how effective he's going to be in the areas we'd like to improve at the tight end position.

Can't complain about Hodge and Harper to round out the first day. Spitz in the fourth would be a good selection if he's there, still don't see a need for Skyler Green whom I'm really not convinced will be there in the sixth round.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I don't really like Lewis either. We need a tight end that's talented in all aspects of the position, and Lewis' questionable blocking and very poor timed speed makes me wonder how effective he's going to be in the areas we'd like to improve at the tight end position.
    Well, I can't wait to see what the guy who won the Mackey Award as the Nations best TE can do in the bigs. I watched every game this guy played in college and he not only excelled in a wide open passing offense, but in a potent inside/outside running attack that he blocked for on every down. IMO, Marcedes Lewis will surprise a lot of people on Sunday's in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Well, I can't wait to see what the guy who won the Mackey Award as the Nations best TE can do in the bigs. I watched every game this guy played in college and he not only excelled in a wide open passing offense, but in a potent inside/outside running attack that he blocked for on every down. IMO, Marcedes Lewis will surprise a lot of people on Sunday's in the NFL.
    I'm not trying to say he won't be successful, but I have a lot of questions about what kind of production he'll be able to bring in at the next level. I don't believe he has the speed to consistently gain separation from the speedier NFL defenders, but he may be able to do it through his route running and cuts. As for his blocking, I think if you ask him to do it at the second level he'll be okay, but as an in-line blocker, I have to wonder if he has the power to hold his ground.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

So would or wouldn't you be happy with the pick?
    RamsFan16

I'm not a huge Lewis fan, so I wouldn't be thrilled. But I wouldn't hate it either. He has the size and receiving ability to be a good red zone target. I just have concerns of how well he'll be able to separate and stretch the field, as well as how much he's going to bring to the running game in terms of blocking.

By having us select him, you have him projected in the mid second, which is exactly where I'd put him. I'm just not convinced he has the best skill set for what we should be adding at the TE position.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I'm not trying to say he won't be successful, but I have a lot of questions about what kind of production he'll be able to bring in at the next level. I don't believe he has the speed to consistently gain separation from the speedier NFL defenders, but he may be able to do it through his route running and cuts. As for his blocking, I think if you ask him to do it at the second level he'll be okay, but as an in-line blocker, I have to wonder if he has the power to hold his ground.
    Fair points.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

For the most part, I'd be happy if the draft went like this. Ideally, I'd like a DT higher than that. Maybe somebody like Oshinowo or Dvoracek in the late 3rd. Actually, I don't know who those last two linebackers are, but as far as the seventh round goes anybody who can contribute is fine with me.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I like this draft a lot. After a seeing a lot of Mocks, I'm beginning to think that Hodge will be there and I really like him. With that move, I could see Spoon moving to WLB and Tinoisamoa moving back to SLB.

Harper would be a great addition. He was a ballhawk safety at Alabama, but I always thought that he would be a better SS.

I like the draft a lot
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

This is an intriguing pick to me, and as much value at the #242 pick as Hedgecock was......or at least potentially. He is an extremely athletic 6'6", 260 lb. backer. He has experience at both MLB and SLB. As would be expected from a 260 lb. backer, he excels in run support. As well, his coverage skills are better than expected from a guy his size. The big question mark is his health. He missed significant time with a back injury and has a history of depression.

If he's there in the 7th round, I'd say he's worth a shot.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod