thillis is offline Registered User

4/11/2012 Walter Football

Walter's latest Mock.

1.Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
    2a.Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
    2b.Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
    3.Brandon Brooks, G, Miami of Ohio
    4.Cyrus Gray, RB, Texas A&M

Interesting Mock. I think Jenkins could be a train-wreck waiting to happen (off-field). I would be happy with Worthy and Blackmon.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: 4/11/2012 Walter Football

I wouldn't touch Jenkins with our 7th round pick, much less 2nd. He may have all the talent in the world.....but you can't fix stupid.
    thermobee likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Solid mock, but I'm not a fan of the Jenkins pick. I understand the talent argument, but even if you forget the off the field stuff - which you can't - the Rams would be starting two corners that are both rather limited in the height department. I just don't think it's a good fit for the team. There are probably half a dozen other prospects I'd prefer in that spot, if that was the way the scenario played out.
    Rambos and ManofGod like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Solid mock, but I'm not a fan of the Jenkins pick. I understand the talent argument, but even if you forget the off the field stuff - which you can't - the Rams would be starting two corners that are both rather limited in the height department. I just don't think it's a good fit for the team. There are probably half a dozen other prospects I'd prefer in that spot, if that was the way the scenario played out.
    Excellent ponts, Nick.

They take Jenkins over 4 solid O linemen (Osemele, Silatolu, Massie, & Zeitler) who could have contributed, as well as two OLBs Lavonte David & Zach Brown, and RB David Wilson. That's too much talent still on the table to roll the dice on Jenkins.
    Nick and ManofGod like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

There's several players I would take over Jenkins. However, he is a very good press coverage corner. He is Fisher's type of player. I wouldn't take him though.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The off the field stuff is brutal, but I don't understand the height thing. He has more than proven he can play man to man against big and tall receivers and shut them down. He completely dominated Alshon Jeffery, AJ Green, and Julio Jones in 2010 while playing at Florida. Green and Jones are both talented and physically dominating receivers that went in the top 10. Its not like there are bigger, faster, and taller receivers than Green and Jones in the NFL. Lots of great CBs are less than 6'0 tall. Ladarius Webb was probably the best CB last season with 7 INTs and zero TDs against and he is 5'10. The Rams also have physical Murphy and a bigger Fletcher to play if need be. His biggest issue is that he jumps on plays like Asante Samuel and can get beaten by double moves. He's the best press man coverage CB in the draft.

Edit - Morris Claiborne is the same height as Jenkins, or at best an inch taller at 5'11. Would anyone pass on Claiborne at 6 because of his height?
    Last edited by codeman123; -04-11-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    The off the field stuff is brutal, but I don't understand the height thing. He has more than proven he can play man to man against big and tall receivers and shut them down. He completely dominated Alshon Jeffery, AJ Green, and Julio Jones in 2010 while playing at Florida. Green and Jones are both talented and physically dominating receivers that went in the top 10. Its not like there are bigger, faster, and taller receivers than Green and Jones in the NFL. Lots of great CBs are less than 6'0 tall. Ladarius Webb was probably the best CB last season with 7 INTs and zero TDs against and he is 5'10. The Rams also have physical Murphy and a bigger Fletcher to play if need be. His biggest issue is that he jumps on plays like Asante Samuel and can get beaten by double moves. He's the best press man coverage CB in the draft.
    Agreed. I don't think Fisher cares about the height of his CB's. A lot of good corners are not huge. The taller corners are becoming in more demand because of bigger recievers, however, that doesn't mean they can't be covered by a guy that gets in their head. Fisher is going to go for a physical corner no matter what height.

Edit- I would like to point out that I still wouldn't touch Jenkins until maybe the third, more likely the fourth. First and Second Rounds must be hits for us.
    ManofGod likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I would love the draft if it played out like this.

RyanFoster Guest

dont you guys think OLB should be a 2nd round pick? David, Brown.....guys like that.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

It's not a bad draft, I wouldn't be too disappointed with it, but at the same time I think we could do better

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RyanFoster View Post
    dont you guys think OLB should be a 2nd round pick? David, Brown.....guys like that.
    OLB can be addressed in Rd. #3, but even in that scenario, I am not a fan of Z. Brown (and I live in N.C. & I'm a huge Carolina fan), he avoids contact and is a less than desirable tackler who fails time after time to wrap up. In addition, he lacks size which he'll need at the next level-especially since he was pushed around in many games at the college level. If he falls to Rd. 3 I'd take him but not with either of our 2nd Rd. picks.