Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Re: 4 Players who probably won't be on any of my Rams mocks, but could make sense.

The Cowboys got ridiculed for their pick of a little known Center in the first round, but then the guy had a great year and solidified the middle of the Cowboys OL, and he made the rookie team of the year.

I would be all fine with drafting a Center late in the first round if that guy plays at a top level for 8-10 years as a Ram. In fact it would be a great move.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post

But somehow you couldn't get behind the concept of Quinn, Clowney, Hagerman, Brockers with Long (for 1 year), Hayes and Langford rotating in)?

How ironic.
    Not remotely ironic. First, Hagerman is a DT, and would replace a player (Langford), who is nowhere near Long's level (I have no interest in letting Long go in a year). Second, I'm talking about Hagerman at #13 or later, not at #2, where Clowney would have to be taken.

But, hey... thanks for derailing this thread with an unnecessary Clowney tangent.

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: 4 Players who probably won't be on any of my Rams mocks, but could make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Again, I'm not advocating for a RB in Round 1.

But... if the Rams made a trade, and were drafting at around pick #25, and Goodell came up to the podium and read Tre Mason's name, my reaction would be "What?", then "Wow!", then "hmmmmmm..." then "I can live with that!"
    I kind of agree with that statement....but I think that would solidify that our "other" pick in Round 1 must be and Olineman.

So, concluding, if we pass on Olineman on our first pick in the draft, I think its safe to assume we won't go RB until Round 4 or later again, but like Av says, wouldn't be the worst thing

Warner Pride is offline Registered User

Another player who might fit on this list is Kelvin Benjamin. 6'5" at 235 lbs, those are Calvin Johnson measurables. Not sure exactly where this guy could go, but I think he could be an option for the Rams in the late 1st round/early 2nd round.

I'm very anxious to see how he performs in the workouts.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Taking into consideration our division foes I would like to see us concentrate on the "TRENCHES".
    Of course the direction of our picks at #13 and after is going to be based on what we do at #2.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Warner Pride View Post
    Another player who might fit on this list is Kelvin Benjamin. 6'5" at 235 lbs, those are Calvin Johnson measurables. Not sure exactly where this guy could go, but I think he could be an option for the Rams in the late 1st round/early 2nd round.

I'm very anxious to see how he performs in the workouts.
    Right now, I'd say he'd be an attractive option in the late-1st/2nd round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12