Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

With the 46th overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select Joe Klopfenstein, TE, Colorado

Info on its way!

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: With the 46th overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select Joe Klopfenstein, TE, Colorado

is Joe good and was pope still on the board on our pick?? i would of taken pope

Re: With the 46th overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select Joe Klopfenstein, TE, Colorado

Pope was on the board, but I prefer Klopfenstein, as evident by the number of times he's appeared in my mocks (including my last one).

For as big as he is, there are questions about how well Pope moves and changes direction as a receiver, and he certainly isn't anywhere near the kind of blocker he should be at his size.

Klopfenstein is a great receiver, runs strong routes, and has excellent hands. He has good upper body strength but needs to add some bulk and improve his blocking, which is adequate but inconsistent.

Leics_Ram is offline Registered User

Pope was still on the board. I was a little surprised we took Klopfenstein over Pope, but I trust the Rams coaches know what they're doing much more than I do!!

Jeff 8513 is offline Registered User

Joe who??? Why must they always take a guy that I've never heard of??? I think this is a pick that could have been made later on.
    :1:

kiwi_ram is offline Registered User

he's reported to being tough and not afraid to go down the middle and take the big hits could this be the tight-end that has been lacking from the rams offense arsenal

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: With the 46th overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select Joe Klopfenstein, TE, Color

He has been a highly regarded prospect all along. The fact that individual fans havent heard of him doesnt mean he wasnt a good pick. This is a science of experts ie professionals making selections. ITs not something that fans like us are going to be expert at no matter how many mock drafts we post.

Nick knows far and away more than anyone else on this board when it comes to the draft, he likes the pick and likes klopf more than pope and that is good enough for me.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff 8513
    Joe who??? Why must they always take a guy that I've never heard of??? I think this is a pick that could have been made later on.
    I really don't think he would have been available for a later pick. The Rams did a good job grabbing a guy who will fit well with what Linehan wants to do at tight end.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I'm surprised to see Pope still available. I would have taken him over Klopfenstein though. He's a better blocker and has better size. Klopfenstein has better speed, but I dont think he's as good of a blocker as Pope is.

I like the pick, but I cant really justify it with Pope still available.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Pope is dropping like a rock, and there's a reason for it, I'm sure. I've been high on Klop for a while, and I think he'll be a better fit for us than Pope would have been.

We got rid of a BIG need...... hey do u think Adul Hodge will be there in the third round cuz we just got that third round pick from denver from SF and maybe we could get Hodge.... texans got demeco ryans and pass on hodge so what do you think?

ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Re: With the 46th overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select Joe Klopfenstein, TE, Color

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    I'm surprised to see Pope still available. I would have taken him over Klopfenstein though. He's a better blocker and has better size. Klopfenstein has better speed, but I dont think he's as good of a blocker as Pope is.

I like the pick, but I cant really justify it with Pope still available.
    Well looks like were gonna get plenty of chances to compare the two... Arizona just picked up Pope.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

bye bye Brandon

yea bye bye brandon manu.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    yea bye bye brandon manu.
    I hope so. I'm sick fo him.
    RamsFan16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast