Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 5 Key Questions That Will Determine Who The Rams' Draft

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Re: 5 Key Questions That Will Determine Who The Rams' Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I never really liked Bowe. He drops a lot of easy passes that being said if he's all we can get I would take him. Watching Bradford throw these deep balls Wallace is growing on me, but he has been dropping a ton of balls. We all know how it goes once these guys get paid. I still like Jennings he has played at a high level and has played in big games. We are going to need a guy that has been in the playoffs and knows how to handle it.

Reid I think he got hurt two weeks ago not sure if he played last week. I still like Reid size and his range. Dahl has no range. Reid at 6'2" and Trumaine Johnson at 6'2" will give us some size in the secondary.
    I'm not big on Jennings because I'm not sure if it's his skills or the system he's in that get him his numbers. It seems like no matter who the Packers put in the lineup plays just as well. It could be that they just do a great job of drafting receivers or it could be that Aaron Rogers and their system turns average wide receivers into stars.

Bowe, on the other hand, puts up just as good numbers with a far less skilled QB and a far worse team. Sure he may drop some balls but I'm fairly certain he'll be a 1,000 to 1,200 yard receiver with us if he could do it consistently with the Chiefs. Bowe is also a year younger than Jennings and hasn't missed most of this year like Jennings has.

Lastly both Wallace and Jennings dropped a higher percentage of balls last year than Bowe did.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ping-the-ball/

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    I'm not big on Jennings because I'm not sure if it's his skills or the system he's in that get him his numbers. It seems like no matter who the Packers put in the lineup plays just as well. It could be that they just do a great job of drafting receivers or it could be that Aaron Rogers and their system turns average wide receivers into stars.

Bowe, on the other hand, puts up just as good numbers with a far less skilled QB and a far worse team. Sure he may drop some balls but I'm fairly certain he'll be a 1,000 to 1,200 yard receiver with us if he could do it consistently with the Chiefs. Bowe is also a year younger than Jennings and hasn't missed most of this year like Jennings has.

Lastly both Wallace and Jennings dropped a higher percentage of balls last year than Bowe did.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ping-the-ball/

Checked out the link. It says... Here’s a complete list of the Top 20 wide receivers with the best hands in the league in 2011.

Here are Jennings numbers he had 67 catches and 4 drops. Jennings had one more drop then Larry Fitzgerald.

Greg Jennings GB 71 67 4 5.63

Bowe did not make the list. He is not even on their top 20 list.

As far as a Jennings being a product of the system? Not buying that, he plays in the WCO and so do a lot of other receivers in the NFL. It's not like he's on the GSOT. He is playing with a great QB no question, but Bradford will put the ball on him and he will make plays.

Brandon Gibson SL 44 36 8 18.18

Brandon Gibson dropped over 18 % of the catchable balls, how could anyone that was watching games last year think Bradford was regressing with the lack of talent around, blows my mind!
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-18-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

lol I'm an idiot and read the chart wrong.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

At this rate when we are up, Luke will be gone so I feel that we have to take the BPA approach. At that point it will be between: Chance Warmack or Barrett Jones.

Warmack is the superior talent, but Jones is solid and versatile enough to play other positions which is a strong selling point. Reid has had a sub-par year, and eve if he didn't I believe that Rambo can be just as good and will be available in the 2nd Rd.

I really think we trade down with our 2nd first rounder. After the top 6 or 7 the talent falls off dramatically. Hopefully we can find someone who wants a certain player and we can stack some picks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12