Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

With the 68th overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select Claude Wroten, DT, LSU

Info on the way!

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: With the 68th overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select Claude Wroten, DT, LSU

Its a good pick, and he will fit well in Hasletts system

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

Re: With the 68th overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select Claude Wroten, DT, LSU

sort of a surprise pick, but could be a pleasant surprise

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I love this pick. This has got to be my favorite pick of the draft so far. He has great value where we got him and will be a stud at DT.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Wroten has the talent of a first round player, and if he can straighten up his off the field issues, this will be a great pick.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Hopefully he has the brains to stay off the pot.
    RamsFan16

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

I dont know enough about him, but im glad we picked up a DT, that most seem to think he has promise

LARAM is offline Registered User

Being that I am a big time LSU fan.....I know a little about Clude Wroten....This is a great pick...I jumped out my seat when I saw this pick.......He was quite an impact player on LSU's defense.....always made big plays, this also is when LSU's defense was ranked in the top 5 for the past two years......absolute steal of the draft for the rams.....only if he can keep his personal life straight.....He should be able to start this year!!!!!

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

i would of chosen Gabe Watson from Michigan! but i guess Wroten is a good choice

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

wroten`s off field issues are minor IMHO his on field upside is huge,love the pick for what some could say was a "freebie" pick,defo worth the gamble and as i dont get everything right im gonna point out that,i picked him a few picks before he was taken!:tongue:

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Drew4EverRams
    wroten`s off field issues are minor IMHO his on field upside is huge,love the pick for what some could say was a "freebie" pick,defo worth the gamble and as i dont get everything right im gonna point out that,i picked him a few picks before he was taken!:tongue:
    Great point. Getting a first round talent by trading down a few spots for a guy we were probably targeting anyway was nothing short of brilliance by the Rams War Room.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

I remember another DT that had similar off the field issues. Goes by the name of Warren Sapp.

I love this pick! This totally makes the trade worth it IMO...

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Ah good. Our hemp smoking friend.

Jokes aside, if he can get high on life, and moreover on football, he could be a great addition. Anyone noticed how the last 2 years we've spent a 3rd on a troubled lineman?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

If he plays anything like Sapp, he'll be a steal.

This is the pick that stands out a little to me as being the indicator of where Haslett sees the defence going.

Along with Alston,Hill and to a certain extent Witherspoon, you have smaller, faster high motor players with a bit of mongrel in them. Not afraid to mix it up, and have the speed to compensate for mistakes.

As for him being a risk, a 3rd rounder doesn't represent a huge contractual risk, it's a no-lose situation for us.

majorram is offline Registered User

Good pick up by the Rams, like this choice, good value, could be a steal if he stays of the pot...

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast