general counsel is offline Registered User

#9 pick and the mcnown signing by lions

given that the lions have signed mcnown and kitna, i believe that cutler is for sure out of the running for them at#9. Any ideas on how this continues to effect the draft. As a practical matter, the signing of kitna may have knocked cutler off the lions list at #9 anyway. It appears that he may make it to us at 11, unless someone trades up to get him. if he is there at 11, it would be good trade down possibilities.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: #9 pick and the mcnown signing by lions

You may be right, but I still think there are 3 teams that will go QB in the top 10. The Titans, Jets, Raiders, and Cardinals all could go QB. I doubt all pull the trigger on a QB (bringing Jacobs in, dropping another defender), but I bet three of the four do.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    given that the lions have signed mcnown
    I know you meant McCown GC
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Rambos is offline Registered User

How many years in a row has Marc missed games, if Jay on the board is it a no brainer not to take him.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I think the jets are doing everything that they can to get a qb before the draft. they are dangling abraham and stuff to get schaub. Unknown if falcons will finally give in, they are saying that they wont. ramsey is another option for them.
    i think the jets want the qb pre draft and then ferguson in the draft. how often do you get a chance to draft a guy named d'brickshaw?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Jeff 8513 Guest

I don't think we need Cutler. Bulger has been injury prone, but when your coach (and I use that term loosely) has you throw twice as much as you run, it's easy to see where he would get hurt eventually. I think with Linehan coaching, he will use Jackson (isn't that why he was drafted???) a lot more than "that other coach" did, and we'll see a more healthy Bulger this year.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Jay Cutler lol. Why would we take a QB with Bulger and Gus in the fold? We need defense and by the way not a TE.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    given that the lions have signed mcnown and kitna, i believe that cutler is for sure out of the running for them at#9. Any ideas on how this continues to effect the draft. As a practical matter, the signing of kitna may have knocked cutler off the lions list at #9 anyway. It appears that he may make it to us at 11, unless someone trades up to get him. if he is there at 11, it would be good trade down possibilities.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    well i trully believe they will not draft a Wr or Te with the pick thats for sure!!!! MIllen cannot draft yet another WR since he's done it the past 3 years.... A TE i believe is out of the picture because one Martz does not utilize the TE as much plus they already have pollard and i believe they signed dan campbell as well...

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT
    Jay Cutler lol. Why would we take a QB with Bulger and Gus in the fold? We need defense and by the way not a TE.

He meant that we could trade the number 11 pick to a team that needs a QB.