Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: With the 93rd overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select Dominique Byrd, TE, USC

THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF IS BACK!!! 3 great WRs, 2 great TEs, 1 great O-Line, 1 great QB, and 2 great RBs, and great backups.... GREATEST SHOW ON TURF ARE THE RAMS WITH NEW COACH LINEHAN.... GO RAMS!!!!!!!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: With the 93rd overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select Dominique Byrd, TE, USC

I agree that we have some young interior line guys in terrell, incognito and sapaia. add barron, pace and stuessie, along with timmerman and mcollom. thats 8 guys. I think we are in pretty good shape.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

so offence is pretty much done and D-fence is almost done so now we work on Special teams..... rams will most likely use the 5th round on a PR/ KR.... GO RAMS!!!

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I agree that we have some young interior line guys in terrell, incognito and sapaia. add barron, pace and stuessie, along with timmerman and mcollom. thats 8 guys. I think we are in pretty good shape.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    plus ben noll and larry turner also wouldnt be surprised if we went for degory and possibly another OT tomorrow!

yea we still have like 4 picks tomorrow.... not really sure after trade with GB...... i can sleep really well tonite cuz rams of 1999-2001 are BACK with great players.... LETS GO GREATEST SHOW ON TURF!!!!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Barron, Pace, and Stuessie are NOT interior guys.

Timmerman and McCollum have each been benched in recent years. I don't really understand the argument that we're okay on the O-line when we've had a terrible running game. Does Stephen Jackson stink then? Faulk didn't do much better and he got hurt running into those brick walls too.

Terrell hasn't done anything and he seemed fairly injury prone. He hurt his neck and he also struggled.

Who hasn't seen Rams RB's run into brick walls on first and second down and then had to face a DEF that was stacked against the pass.

McCollum is 36 years old.
    Timmerman is 35. and they've both been injured many times. There's just no pop left. It was just Oct and Timmerman was benched for his poor play.

Timmerman had like a 300 someting streak of games played in a row with out getting benched or injuried

Okay, you're smarter than me.

On Oct 10th 2005, he was benched.

Oct. 10, 2005 - 10:44 a.m. ET

Guard Adam Timmerman was benched for the second half of Sunday's loss to Seattle.

"It was kind of strange," Timmerman said. "They didn't really tell me a whole lot. Physically I feel fine." Rookie Claude Terrell replaced Timmerman at right guard.
    ENDQUOTE

The coaches were not happy with Timmerman. Watch a tape, the Rams Running Backs have no holes to run inside.

It seems to me if the O-line is not the problem, then the RBs would be the problem. Because no one can argue that we've struggled in the running game.

Terrell also showed up "MUCH heavier" than expected to an off-season physical workout (this off-season).
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; -04-29-2006 at 11:10 PM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

He was benched because he was playing injured. Timmerman wouldn't admit he was injured if his leg fell off.

The bottom line is, the coaching staff didn't think there were prospects better than Terrell and Incognito available today to be the future of the interior line, and they probably know more about this stuff than we do.

general counsel is offline Registered User

my point as to interior line pertained to terrell, incognito and sapaia. I think sapaia is being overlooked,i think he is an excellent guy for depth. I appreciate that in the long run we will need more help at guard in all liklihood. However, i am not prepared to say that we can wait one more year before addressing it in the draft since i dont believe anyone we drafted would be better this year than what we already have draft or starting wise. There is also the chance at filling one of those spots if need be next year via free agency.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I like the fact that the coaching staff haven't sat on their hands because we drafted Klopfenstein. TE is going to be a much stronger part of the offense this year, that much is obvious and I think it's going to have great spin-offs for our more established marquee players.

We've talked about this previously but I think Holt,Bruce and Jackson can only be extremely happy to see Byrd and Klopf arrive.

As far as the O-line is concerned, Linehan obviously feels he has a competitive group, and this bodes well for Incognito, who many of us have been a little worried about.

This pick indicates Linehan has confidence in where the O-line is going and that the mini-camp went well.

I like the look of this whole draft, it's solid. I'm just relieved that we don't appear on any draft blogs as having one of the worst first days llike we normally do.

Fat Pang,

Did you see where Terrell showed up for an offseason check in "MUCH heavier" than expected.

That's not good for a guy that's had foot, neck, and wrist injuries.

It wasn't long ago that we were calling guys out of cold retirement to play on our O-line. Nutten came back from a year off and working a real job and started 6 games for us at Guard:

ST. LOUIS (July 26, 2005) -- The St. Louis Rams and guard Tom Nutten have agreed to a one-year contract.

Nutten came out of retirement last season to play eight games for St. Louis, six as a starter at left guard, after the team was hit hard by injuries to the offensive line. .
    ENDQUOTE

We can agree to disagree, but I say our recent history of interior line troubles coupled with our inept inside running game dictate we draft an interior lineman.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Fat Pang,

Did you see where Terrell showed up for an offseason check in "MUCH heavier" than expected.

That's not good for a guy that's had foot, neck, and wrist injuries.
    Another report had Terrell looking more muscular (heavier), so who knows. There is still another day of the draft don't overreact yet.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -04-30-2006 at 02:13 AM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

I read 2 places where the Rams were "concerned".. One said Much Heavier and "OUT OF CONDITION".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rams | Terrell not out of the picture
    Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:19:37 -0700

Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports despite St. Louis Rams G Claude Terrell arriving at camp overweight and out of condition...

Rams | C. Terrell a limited participant at minicamp
    Sat, 22 Apr 2006 06:35:14 -0700

Kathleen Nelson, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams OG Claude Terrell (wrist) was a limited participant Friday, April 21, a the team's minicamp.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Yeah and? You believe everything the media says? Don't overreact.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast