Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Aaron Curry Available?

punahou is offline Registered User

Re: Aaron Curry Available?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    If you were to Google "HUbison doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground", you would get 3.6 billion hits. At the top of the results page you'd see a picture of Aaron Curry.

I whiffed on this guy in a huge way. I really thought he was going to be the next Lawrence Taylor. But he hasn't even been Tim "Tool Man" Taylor. Maybe our Seahawk friends can help us out here, but as I understand it his problem is the large void between his ears. Maybe Fisher & Williams are more fluent in Moron than Pete Carroll was. Maybe they can get something out of him.
    Does Wake Forest recruit and offer scholarships like Stanford and Notre Dame? I mean athletes there still have to be somewhat competant academically; and Wake Forest is a really good school.

In cases like Curry- It's my opinion that the system, coaching received, and the NFL position being played could influence the football maturity of the player. If he's chepa enough, I dont see why we wouldnt give him look, as he obviously has the physical tools to play.

Also, Fisher may jsut be the foot to kick his rear end.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I mean athletes there still have to be somewhat competant academically
    Somebody has to. Maybe it's the athlete, maybe it's someone else.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Does Wake Forest recruit and offer scholarships like Stanford and Notre Dame? I mean athletes there still have to be somewhat competant academically; and Wake Forest is a really good school.

In cases like Curry- It's my opinion that the system, coaching received, and the NFL position being played could influence the football maturity of the player. If he's chepa enough, I dont see why we wouldnt give him look, as he obviously has the physical tools to play.

Also, Fisher may jsut be the foot to kick his rear end.
    Certainly fits the bill of a Fisher type player punahou. Big, strong, and athletic enough not to become overmatched physically in the NFL. Unlike the current bunch with the Rams. He is probably still an upgrade, so why not kick the tyres on him. Is he a good fit with Fishers thinking, though. Who knows what kind of players Fisher likes, but I think were getting warmer here.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12