Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: According to Jim Thomas Rams are trying to make a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerman1011 View Post
    hmmmm if i was a betting man, I probably would bet on DeAngelo Hall since Devenny has the inside track. If they are speaking of a blockbluster trade, what if it is multiple players? What if it is for more than one person, like Hall and some other person on the falcons? then again its all what ifs. The truth is, we will know when it happens, we just all play the waiting game and put our trust in our FO. go go lol.
    Thats what I'm scared about. Putting our trust into that poor FO of ours.

I think Hall makes sense.

I think trade 4th round and Barron for Hall might work too..

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    like Phat-Money said Tye Hill and Deangelo Hall would be the fastest CB tandem in the NFL. Lito Shepard and Tye Hill would be the most injury prone tandem in the NFL. I would go with the former
    FWIW...

Either way, Hill and Hall/ Hill and Sheppard would be one of the smallest CB combinations, and both Sheppard and Hall are about the same height.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post

I think trade 4th round and Barron for Hall might work too..
    Who takes that deal with a smile? We lose at least our third tackle, maybe our starting right, basically focring our hand in signing another Vet or starting a rookie who may not be ready. Atlanta gains an underachiever who many fans now consider replacable.

Oh, the irony, there- to quote myself "he's at least our third tackle". Why does Atlanta trade a player of Hall's considerable value for a player of Barron's lackluster value?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Eh...I dunno. I dont think anyone on this board has their hopes set high.
    Save 90% of the replies to this thread. Honestly, I love trade talk as much as the next offseason freak, but 7 pages of pure speculation is more than enough. Really, all that's been confirmed, to quote you, EDM, is that Balzer called it a "blockbuster" Bernie said it was "nothing" and Thomas said it was significant. Thus, we have a trade thread full of not only sheer speculation, but contradiction after contradiction by those supposedly in the know.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Some of you folks need a healthy dose of perspective.

Seriously, our FIRST ROUNDER for Chad Johnson? Lito Sheppard/Deangelo Hall when we don't have a starting RDE on the roster?

If we get someone, they will most likely 1) not come from within our division, 2) be someone who is injured or comes with a high cap number, and 3) not cost a pick in rounds 1-3 without an equivalent pick coming back our way.

Look at the trades which do happen in the NFL. They usually meet these criteria. If we make a trade that doesn't, then the guys up front need to be fired even more than they already do.

itsguud is offline Registered User

IS this "blockbuster" trade ever going to happen or is this just a loserhan hoax to get the fans/media off his back while he scouts more TE's???

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Some of you folks need a healthy dose of perspective.

Seriously, our FIRST ROUNDER for Chad Johnson? Lito Sheppard/Deangelo Hall when we don't have a starting RDE on the roster?

If we get someone, they will most likely 1) not come from within our division, 2) be someone who is injured or comes with a high cap number, and 3) not cost a pick in rounds 1-3 without an equivalent pick coming back our way.

Look at the trades which do happen in the NFL. They usually meet these criteria. If we make a trade that doesn't, then the guys up front need to be fired even more than they already do.
    Greatest post ever! Or at least so far this weekend.

My man, chi, hit it on the head. We're all getting waaaaaaay ahead of ourselves with the speculation. If a trade goes down, it's probably nothing more than our 4th round for DE Sammy Starter, or Harry Has-Been. Maybe not even that.....maybe a 7th rounder for Bobby Back-up. But point being, it won't involve our 1st round pick, and it won't involve any current All-Pros.

If on the outside chance it DOES, it will be outsourcing our talent (what's left of it anyway) for additional picks, thereby officially ushering in the rebuilding of the Rams.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

marccat is offline Registered User

if we get Peppers it free's us up to jump on J. Long for OL and THAT is where we just have to pick it up this year, we can't go thru all that drama on offense again... please football gods ,NO!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    FWIW...

Who takes that deal with a smile? We lose at least our third tackle, maybe our starting right, basically focring our hand in signing another Vet or starting a rookie who may not be ready. Atlanta gains an underachiever who many fans now consider replacable.

Look at the trades happening already. vilma for a conditional??? r u kidding me? rogers for a third and bodden. jenkins for a 3rd and 5th??? pathetic...

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Look at the trades happening already. vilma for a conditional??? r u kidding me? rogers for a third and bodden. jenkins for a 3rd and 5th??? pathetic...
    Look at those players! None of them are really the superstars they once were considered to be.

Rogers is a big body in the middle, and IMO, that's about it. He didn't have a great season, and from memory, wanted out of Detroit?

Vilma has a poor track record with regards to injuries- like we need another injured player?

Jenkins was causing a ruckus in Carolina. Again, like Rogers, he wasn't fantastic this year, with just 2 sacks, and there's questions to his weight and work ethic.

If these really were top teir players, their respective teams would be recieveing much more in trades.

Hey, by the by, that's 1000 posts for me. Thank you all for putting up with me for so long .
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -03-01-2008 at 07:07 PM.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

i would have liked to see us go after stroud. He was taken for a 3rd and 5th . He is a beastly prove NT and his price wasn't that bad, but the bills got him so oh well

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Where the hell is any information about this? I'd rather close this thread than continue this useless jargon.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Smile Re: According to Jim Thomas Rams are trying to make a trade.

I just thought I would jump in and be the 100th poster just in case the clan was handing out door prizes.

Edit:
    oops I was the 100th reply not the 100th post Varg6 beat me to it hopefully it was a nice door prize ;>)
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-01-2008 at 08:10 PM.

Dominator is offline Registered User

Be careful what you wish for with Deangelo Hall. The Giants have already offered a first. The thing holding up that deal supposedly is that Hall is demanding $10M per. That's what got Samuel demanding that much.

Whoever you end up with is going to want a new deal, especially a guy like Chad Johnson. It's a sign of "respect". Roy Williams is not supposed to be on the block. Fitzgerald should be, but his contract issue is what probably cost the Cards Faneca.

From the Jets side, they are shopping Dwayne Robertson. He's more of a UT than a Nose, but he's very young and hasn't missed any time. Solid guy, good character, atrocious contract. I have heard that the Broncos were front-runners, but the price is dropping and I have heard that the Rams might have some interest.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by marccat View Post
    if we get Peppers it free's us up to jump on J. Long for OL and THAT is where we just have to pick it up this year, we can't go thru all that drama on offense again... please football gods ,NO!
    Peppers is a free agent after this season. A free agent who is going to demand a ridiculous, cap killing contract to stay with the team.

I'd much rather deal with the chance of a Pace injury than the near CERTAINTY of Peppers being gone after the season.

Ramer is offline Registered User

All these rumors; when is Jim going to make the announcement?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Something from Bernie earlier today...

Jim Thomas NEVER said the Rams were working on a pretty big trade.

He said they were working on a trade.

And after poking around, I know that what they are working on is nothing huge.

--B