Thread: Adalius Thomas

Rams99 is offline Registered User

Arrow Adalius Thomas

Does anyone think that Adalius Thomas would be a great Middle Linebacker to pursue in freeagency. He is 6-2 270 lbs. and has been great for Baltimore.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Adalius Thomas

Middle, weakside, strongside....they all work for me. Let's get this guy.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Love this guy. He may not have played mlb in Baltimore but he has played nearly every position on the field. Corner, Safety, OLb, Dt and De. I just read an article about him in Sporting news and from what Ravens coaches say he has unsurpassed intellect. With his physical gifts and his very high football IQ I think he could easily adapt to playing middle linebacker. He also would provide us with much needed size on defense. This make our linebacking core one of the top in the nfc imo. If we are able to sign him and Charles Grant I think that would make us the favorites for the NFC West next year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Too expensive. We don't need to be spending $50+ million on another linebacker when we already have that much invested in our other two starters. Find a better place to use that money, IMO.

snowbozo21 is offline Registered User

I'm afraid nick is right, we will probably wind up drafting a MLB or OLB on the first day though.

Country is offline Registered User

He will cost to much to bring in, I think that the Rams wil go LB in the 1st or 2nd round because the draft is so deep at LB.

Well i really dont care how much money we spend. Its not like im playing madden football on a videogame and watching the cap room. You gotta pay big money for big payers that are going to step it up and we need a major force in the middle and at 6-2 270 and incredible talented Thomas could be that and i really dont think it would be $50M, i know some people would think about but we need some money to sign rookies and other players well if you work a contract the right way for this year it would work, from small to greater then we still got money for all that other stuff. Thats just my opinion though..

Quote Originally Posted by Rams99 View Post
    Well i really dont care how much money we spend.
    I'm sure the Rams front office does.

we need a major force in the middle
    Not according to Haslett - he wants to keep Witherspoon in the middle. And from the sound of it, Witherspoon wants to stay there. Therefore, the chances of the Rams going out and looking for a middle linebacker seem pretty slim.

i really dont think it would be $50M
    Julian Peterson was signed to a seven-year $54 million contract last year. You can bet both Briggs and Thomas are going to be looking for very similar if not larger contracts.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Julian Peterson was signed to a seven-year $54 million contract last year. You can bet both Briggs and Thomas are going to be looking for very similar if not larger contracts.[/quote]

I'm sure they will get larger contracts. You are right about this. There is no way we pay that kind of money for a linebacker. Does anyone know how much we will be under the cap? I've heard that it is going to increase quite considerably again. I wouldn't be surprised if we are 20 million under.

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    I'm sure they will get larger contracts. You are right about this. There is no way we pay that kind of money for a linebacker. Does anyone know how much we will be under the cap? I've heard that it is going to increase quite considerably again. I wouldn't be surprised if we are 20 million under.
    As of early November (before the Little extension) we were $31 million under.

If you are a rams fan you know we NEED size and talent in the middle whether its on the line or in the back. Whats your opinion on what the rams should try and do this offseason Nick?

If you are a rams fan you know we NEED size and talent in the middle whether its on the line or in the back. Whats your opinion on what the rams should try and do this offseason Nick?
    To start, find a new starter at nose tackle who is going to do a better job taking up blocks and holding his ground on the line, which will allow Witherspoon to run around and make plays from the Mike position. Additional help is needed at the RDE spot, because despite the flashes of ability Adeyanju has shown, I don't think he's ready to handle that job 100% at this point. We also need to find a long term starter at the Sam position.

Well nick, are there any names that you have in mind that would be good for us to look into and pursue in FA?

Well nick, are there any names that you have in mind that would be good for us to look into and pursue in FA?
    Certainly. If you want me to compile a list though, it'll probably have to wait until tomorrow. But among them would be Charles Grant, Justin Smith, Terdell Sands, and Chris Draft.

Thumbs down Re: Adalius Thomas

ok that sounds good man.... thanks :l