Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PHAT-MONEY Guest

Re: Adam Schefter just reported Bruce signed 2-year deal with the Whiners

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Ashamed... are you kidding... Seriously? I come from a place, where there is no such sport as football. Nothing, a couple of years ago a group of people, from the mainland started a touch league that is it. I learned football from very rare TV appearences, as it got no coverage where I am from. When I did get to see it I seen Bruce and Faulk. Thats how I learned the game. I don't have much money I am a student, I just bought my first ever football jersey - a bruce jersey. I have two friends here who are into football as much as me, both are GIGANTIC whiners fans. All I get from them is crap. It's brutal. Maybe what I said was a little over the top but you know what. I'm allowed to be upset by this. THe organization continues to make moves that are questionable at best. So why am I not allowed to feel this way? Why is it a terrible post. YOu RamWraith ex[lain it to me, in your eloquent terms, and change my mind, cause Next to very few rams on the current roster I don't see how anyone else could.

But I am always open for suggestion, so before judgiing...... enlighten me, with all your wisdom
    ok.. but why are you going to be a Bills fan? why not a niner fan?

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I tell you what guud...

this is something you need to figure out on your own. It is easy to enjoy the game and to rout for the winner. But to be a fan means you are a FANatic even during the low points. No one gets cake at every meal and you need to learn that there are so many highs and lows with being a fan it makes your head spin. I can not convince you to love this team...you learn it, eat with it, sleep with it and yes even lose with it. The Rams are not a player...it is not Isaac Bruce, Kurt Warner, or even Marshall Faulk. They are the horns, the history, the tears, the joys, the memories. People come and go...memories last for ever.

You make your choice. You want some of the purple Kool-aid great the pitcher is always full. If not, don't expect much respect from this fan.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:56:31 -0800

ESPNews reports the San Francisco ***** have signed free agent WR Isaac Bruce (Rams) to a two-year contract worth $6 million.
    Again, we'll have to see how it breaks down. But I suspect the ***** arranged it in such a way where they won't have to count Bruce for $5 million against the cap like we would have had to.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

oh God!! It just completely sunk in.. BRUUUUUUUUUUCCE will no longer be a ram or cheered by our fans at the dome. Tell me.. if i cheer for bruce when we play the 9ers does that make me a bad ram fan?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Again, we'll have to see how it breaks down. But I suspect the ***** arranged it in such a way where they won't have to count Bruce for $5 million against the cap like we would have had to.
    I know Nick, it's not the breakdown, I was just posting what I found. That's all.

When I saw it was a 2 year deal I knew it wasn't going to be 5 mil in the first year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    oh God!! It just completely sunk in.. BRUUUUUUUUUUCCE will no longer be a ram or cheered by our fans at the dome. Tell me.. if i cheer for bruce when we play the 9ers does that make me a bad ram fan?

Ofcourse not. I have favorites from other teams.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

2 yr 6mil dollar deal wow.... that is such a slap into the face of the rams front office

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I tell you what guud...

this is something you need to figure out on your own. It is easy to enjoy the game and to rout for the winner. But to be a fan means you are a FANatic even during the low points. No one gets cake at every meal and you need to learn that there are so many highs and lows with being a fan it makes your head spin. I can not convince you to love this team...you learn it, eat with it, sleep with it and yes even lose with it. The Rams are not a player...it is not Isaac Bruce, Kurt Warner, or even Marshall Faulk. They are the horns, the history, the tears, the joys, the memories. People come and go...memories last for ever.

You make your choice. You want some of the purple Kool-aid great the pitcher is always full. If not, don't expect much respect from this fan.
    My, "memories, tears, joys... etc." from as long as I have been a Ram fan have just been converted into the one thing I have always hated in this league... the whiners. So kinda like turning what you love into what you hate. I'm sorry you don't feel the emotion I do in this, but for me. The Rams and football began with Bruce, and he is now the thing I have been taught to hate.

I'm sure I will eventually get over this. I have no doubt. You don't know me, and have no idea how big of a rams fan I am. But this is gut wrenching pain right now. I have recieved nothing but texts from my whiner friends for the last hour about how glorious a victory this is for them - pain, emotion. I care not if you respect me. I would have rather he retired or played for any other team... but this just hurts

PHAT-MONEY Guest

My, "memories, tears, joys... etc." from as long as I have been a Ram fan have just been converted into the one thing I have always hated in this league... the whiners. So kinda like turning what you love into what you hate. I'm sorry you don't feel the emotion I do in this, but for me. The Rams and football began with Bruce, and he is now the thing I have been taught to hate.

I'm sure I will eventually get over this. I have no doubt. You don't know me, and have no idea how big of a rams fan I am. But this is gut wrenching pain right now. I have recieved nothing but texts from my whiner friends for the last hour about how glorious a victory this is for them - pain, emotion. I care not if you respect me. I would have rather he retired or played for any other team... but this just hurts
    that is understandable It'sGuud. but what would Ike Want?? I doubt he would want you changing teams because he is no longer with us. I think Ike would want us to carry on bussiness as if he were still here. It is Ok to chant for Bruce. Just give it time.. eventually you will learn to deal with this in your own way. Hang In there. things will get better. I Promise!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I tell you what guud...

It's this simple, you either bleed blue and gold or you don't.

Of course I love Bruce but I was a Rams fan before Bruce was even in high school. I was an Ellard fan, a Dickerson fan, a Flipper fan etc. Bruce made it to the top of my list as my favorite Ram of all time, but the fact is I'm a Rams fan first. So even though I'm heartbroken and I hate the Bruce move and think it was a mistake, I'm still a Rams fan for life through thick and thin.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    It's this simple, you either bleed blue and gold or you don't.

Of course I love Bruce but I was a Rams fan before Bruce was even in high school. I was an Ellard fan, a Dickerson fan, a Flipper fan etc. Bruce made it to the top of my list as my favorite Ram of all time, but the fact is I'm a Rams fan first. So even though I'm heartbroken and I hate the Bruce move and think it was a mistake, I'm still a Rams fan for life through thick and thin.
    I have been that way all my life with the leafs. no matter what. Football is considerably new to me when compared. You have to realise Bruce was the origin of my love for the Rams. The connection is as deep as my love for the game of football, and I LOVE football, I say that at least once a day.

the whiners........ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, why

RamWraith is offline Registered User

We all feel the pain!! TRUST ME...you can tell how upset people are from the posts that are happening all over the Internet and chat areas...but it still doesn't change the fact that we are Ram fans. Being upset and dealing with it by saying "see you later" is just immature and ridicules.

Pick yourself up my friend and stand tall and proud. Defend the Rams, don't give into the dark side. "Your friends" are just trying to get your goat and it seems like they are. Vent to your fellow fans and try to figure out a way to deal with your troubles rather than up and quiting...because that truly is what your "friends" want you to do, not give your support during the hard times. You have no honor in abandoning the fight. Do what is in your heart...and believe that there are people that are committed to winning in the front office and are trying to do what is right for the future of our own organization. Don't worry what other people think.

I believe venting was what I was trying to do.

(please review original post)

PHAT-MONEY Guest

You have no idea how many times i have been laughed at for beeing a rams fan. I ask them who there team is?? the patriots? they say yeah of course there awesome. i say would you be a fan if they sucked.. there like.. heck no i don't support losers. if you see my point you will see that if you let people text you like you said it'sguud and make fun of you then the more you get mad the more fuel you are putting in the fire, whereas if you just laugh at the situation sooner or later they will just leave it alone.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    You have no idea how many times i have been laughed at for beeing a rams fan. I ask them who there team is?? the patriots? they say yeah of course there awesome. i say would you be a fan if they sucked.. there like.. heck no i don't support losers. if you see my point you will see that if you let people text you like you said it'sguud and make fun of you then the more you get mad the more fuel you are putting in the fire, whereas if you just laugh at the situation sooner or later they will just leave it alone.
    Yup...I live in NJ where it is NY Giants/NY Jets paradise and they mock me every day for being a Rams fan. But eventually it got to a point where it was all in good fun and they realize that I am a true fan and you know what? They respect it, whether they think so or not, their humanity makes them respect the fact that hey, my team stunk the last few years and I've still worn a jersey each and every Sunday supporting that team. No one can take that pride away from me. That's the beauty of it, and one day we'll be a great team again and no one can EVER call me a front runner because I stuck with the team when it was in the lowest of dirt holes.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast