Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Adam Schefter just reported Bruce signed 2-year deal with the Whiners

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I have been that way all my life with the leafs. no matter what. Football is considerably new to me when compared. You have to realise Bruce was the origin of my love for the Rams. The connection is as deep as my love for the game of football, and I LOVE football, I say that at least once a day.

the whiners........ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, why
    We all feel it though. What you have to understand is I was here when we drafted Bruce and I knew he would be special. So I feel it to, just as much as you.

So if you can bleed blue and white for the Leafs you can bleed blue and gold for the Rams. Nobody wants Bruce to be a whiner. I have made post after post on why we should have just paid him, but we didn't. I'm not happy, but the Rams are still my team. Do I think they screwed up, yes. You can't quit just because things get tough and don't go your way. What happens when the Bills get rid of your next favorite player, because it will happen at some point. So pick a team and route for them, have your favorite players but always prepare yourself for them to be gone at some point because it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

I don't blame Bruce for this. This is the 2nd time we cut him in 2 years, after all he has done in his mind that was probably unacceptable. It just happened to work out that Martz was in SF and they have no WR's. It's not like he went there just to get back at us. I wish you well Sir Issac, except for those 2 games a year of course.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

you know what. i hope isaac plays his tail off against us. i never wish bad game on ike. ram or no ram. ike is the Man!!

ramstough39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Ashamed... are you kidding... Seriously? I come from a place, where there is no such sport as football. Nothing, a couple of years ago a group of people, from the mainland started a touch league that is it. I learned football from very rare TV appearences, as it got no coverage where I am from. When I did get to see it I seen Bruce and Faulk. Thats how I learned the game. I don't have much money I am a student, I just bought my first ever football jersey - a bruce jersey. I have two friends here who are into football as much as me, both are GIGANTIC whiners fans. All I get from them is crap. It's brutal. Maybe what I said was a little over the top but you know what. I'm allowed to be upset by this. THe organization continues to make moves that are questionable at best. So why am I not allowed to feel this way? Why is it a terrible post. YOu RamWraith ex[lain it to me, in your eloquent terms, and change my mind, cause Next to very few rams on the current roster I don't see how anyone else could.

But I am always open for suggestion, so before judgiing...... enlighten me, with all your wisdom
    Fans like you drive me nuts. Reminds me of idiotic closet Celtics fans who stopped being Celtics fans only because they hate Danny Ainge so much. Alright, enough chatter about the NBA. Let's get onto the NFL. *talking to self*

You know what? So what, you have a few friends that bug you about the Rams because they're Niners fans. It's brutal? Well suck it up and turn the cheek. Drink a beer while you're at it; it might help.

Thank you for quitting on the Rams -- that equals out one less "fan" of the team that's so quick to jump the gun. Jeez.

I'll be a Rams fan until the day I die. They can get rid of all my favorite players I've ever loved, and I would still love 'em. It's about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. I'm a fan of the team. I don't know about you, bud. Y'know, I don't post much around here, but when I do I have something valuable to say. It's shameful that you're figuratively spitting on the team by saying "go" and "Bills" together on here. Pathetic!

PHAT-MONEY Guest

come on. give him a break. he lost his head and said some things. we have all done it. I'm sure he will think about what he said and do whats right as any ram fan would. now.. it's time to sign some more players.. No seriously.. we got to sign more players.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

While I am very upset by all of this, I will continue to be a Rams fan through and through.

On the other hand, whether or not this franchise will receive a dime from me during 2008 is very much the subject of great mental debate right now.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Guys, I will remind you only once to be civil.

Now that that is said...

I have a feeling that there's something more to this than what we know. I heard we offerred $3 million for one more year. The whiners offer isn't vastly different than what we put on the table. True, he'll make more this season, and have another year under contract. But, something tells me that there is still more we don't know.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

So, is it still legal to wear my Bruce Jersey? How about a Niners Bruce Jersey?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

This is a sad, sad day for Rams nation.

Condolances to Bruce and his family.

Athens is offline Registered User

lol, this is the best topic ever!

majorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post

Now that that is said...

I have a feeling that there's something more to this than what we know. I heard we offerred $3 million for one more year. The whiners offer isn't vastly different than what we put on the table. True, he'll make more this season, and have another year under contract. But, something tells me that there is still more we don't know.
    Great post mate, i agree...theres more to this, maybe Al didn't want him!!

still hurts though!!!

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post

Now that that is said...

Exactly.... Was it the money or that the RAMS were only offering a one year deal? Why would Bruce go to the Whiners?? What? to have Alex Smith:x throwing him the ball? Oh yeah Mike Martz? Why didn't he go to the Lions then? He left a team with one of the most accurate QB's in the NFL to play with Smith?! Smith is no Bulger as a matter of fact he's no Kitna either. Something isn't right. Issac Bruce being the consumate professional that he his leads me to believe we will never know the real reason his decision.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Issac saw the writing on the wall. The coaches were quite probably going to make him the #3 receiver if he resigned. In SF, he's by far the best one they have. At 40, he'd still be better than the guys they have there. Arnaz Battle led them with 50 receptions last year for goodness sakes! He went there to be with his old coach whom he knows he can get 70-90 catches with next year, pile up another 1,000 yards so that he can get closer to Jerry Rice. That'll probably buy him his 2nd year in whiner land, where he'll do the same. Then he'll be a FA, maybe we'll sign him for the vet minimum and either let him retire, or give him a few more catches.

Don't worry guys, he'll always be a ram, even if he happens to reside in San Fransisco. Look carefully at the whiner logo next year too... I bet he'll find a way to put a little horn into it somehwhere!

Athens is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Exactly.... Was it the money or that the RAMS were only offering a one year deal? Why would Bruce go to the Whiners?? What? to have Alex Smith:x throwing him the ball? Oh yeah Mike Martz? Why didn't he go to the Lions then? He left a team with one of the most accurate QB's in the NFL to play with Smith?! Smith is no Bulger as a matter of fact he's no Kitna either. Something isn't right. Issac Bruce being the consumate professional that he his leads me to believe we will never know the real reason his decision.
    Is this really that hard to figure out dude. Bruce was made to feel insignificant. He wants to be a centerpiece, not an afterthought... and you know what... he deserves it. I honestly doubt he will be the primary receiver in SF, he will be the number two or will split time. Too old to go through an entire season as the number one guy, even he knows that.

Either way 3 million a year for Isaac Bruce? Are you kidding me. Thats the best deal so far in FA, what Bruce will bring to the Niners with his professionalism, work ethic, and example setting!! Without making one catch those intangibles are worth 3million a year.
    Last edited by Athens; -03-01-2008 at 06:08 PM.

RamsFanLSUMan is offline Registered User

I would love to thank Isaac for all the good he has done. I would love to thank Isaac for being such a positive role-model for me growing up and for being such a positive role-model for the young WRs in the NFL.

Isaac Bruce might be a Niner for the next 2-years. However, he will be a Ram for life. He'll be known throughout history as a Ram and a founding father of the Greatest Show on Turf!

I LOVE YOU ISAAC, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING. YOU HAVE MY BEST WISHES!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast