Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Adam Schefter is a Tool (The Star of ESPN NFL Lies)

Just saw Adam "Shifty" Schefter on ESPN's NFL Lies. What a complete tool. He acknowledged that Bradford stated in an interview today that he has no issue with going to the Rams if they draft him, yet he nonetheless continues to discuss "rumblings" (seriously... THAT is now an acceptable journalistic source?) that Bradford "might" prefer Washington because of the Rams' owership issues.

I'm so sick of these morons trying to drum up controversy without a single fact. Schefter himself prefaced his statements by stating that it is "common sense." Really? Its common sense that a player should give the team with the first pick a reason NOT to draft him?

I need to just tune these yokels out.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Re: Adam Schefter is a Tool (The Star of ESPN NFL Lies)

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Just saw Adam "Shifty" Schefter on ESPN's NFL Lies. What a complete tool. He acknowledged that Bradford stated in an interview today that he has no issue with going to the Rams if they draft him, yet he nonetheless continues to discuss "rumblings" (seriously... THAT is now an acceptable journalistic source?) that Bradford "might" prefer Washington because of the Rams' owership issues.

I'm so sick of these morons trying to drum up controversy without a single fact. Schefter himself prefaced his statements by stating that it is "common sense." Really? Its common sense that a player should give the team with the first pick a reason NOT to draft him?

I need to just tune these yokels out.
    Could not agree with you more.. Sam Bradford goes on record saying he will obviously play for whatever team drafts him and made it clear he doesnt believe nor has said any of these things. Would he prefer Washington to St. Louis? Who knows. He's certainly not going to make that kind of thing public.. so where is Adam Jester getting this nonsense anyways??

The thought of him playing for the Redskins is a little ironic, however.. seeing as he's 1/16th Cherokee.

Nice sig BTW.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I thought it particularly funny when he referenced going to Washington over St. Louis because there is no question of ownership there. REALLY... I pretty much question every move DS makes.

Yes it possible you end up with a bad owner coming to the Rams but you are guaranteed one going to the Redskins.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Why does anyone have to do this? Does it bring them pleasure causing uprest with fanbases?

Benjamin 100 is offline Registered User

lol Adam Schefter is the most legit NFL inside guy, bar none, even before he was on ESPN.

He "guaranteed" the Rams will draft Bradford with the 1st pick back in February, when absolutely NO ONE was talking about it... they had Bradford slipping too in some mocks.

You guys can't be serious about this - you're believing what Bradford has said PUBLICLY over what Adam Schefter reports?

Of course Bradford is going to say the right thing - right now his AGENT is calling the shots and Bradford is most likely a puppet to what his agent is telling him... and right now it's the $$$ with getting drafted #1 with all the BS going on.

Don't be delusional , Schefter is the man, don't hate just because he doesn't report positive news about the Rams... take some sip of reality.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

The story would be acceptable if the source would referred to e.g. someone inside the Bradford camp, ex team mates/coaches or friends of his. But every journalist has just heard "rumblings" and "chatter" of this rumour.

I believe what Bradford says publicly, he wouldn't say "I'd love to play for the St Louis Rams" out loud whilst privately thinking "I'll never sign for them if they pick me", it just doesn't make any sense

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    The story would be acceptable if the source would referred to e.g. someone inside the Bradford camp, ex team mates/coaches or friends of his. But every journalist has just heard "rumblings" and "chatter" of this rumour.

I believe what Bradford says publicly, he wouldn't say "I'd love to play for the St Louis Rams" out loud whilst privately thinking "I'll never sign for them if they pick me", it just doesn't make any sense
    It would reflect very Badly on Bradford's character if he were to change his mind like that. At least when Eli came out and said he wouldnt play for San Diego he did it from a very early stage!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Where is the guy who jumped down my throat when I said this exact same thing. I agree with AV 100% now that Schefter swithced from NFL network to ESPN he has gone down the tubes.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin 100 View Post
    lol Adam Schefter is the most legit NFL inside guy, bar none, even before he was on ESPN.
    According to who... his mother?

He "guaranteed" the Rams will draft Bradford with the 1st pick back in February, when absolutely NO ONE was talking about it... they had Bradford slipping too in some mocks.
    Actually, several sites had the Rams taking Bradford at that point, and many here (including me) were talking about the Rams' possible interest.

But you've made our point here... what kind of a serious reporter "guarantees" something that is not decided? I'll tell you what kind... one who likes to throw stuff against the wall in hope that something might stick.

You guys can't be serious about this - you're believing what Bradford has said PUBLICLY over what Adam Schefter reports?
    Is that a serious comment? Of course I go with what Bradford said over Schefter's speculation about "common sense" and "rumblings."

Of course Bradford is going to say the right thing - right now his AGENT is calling the shots and Bradford is most likely a puppet to what his agent is telling him... and right now it's the $$$ with getting drafted #1 with all the BS going on.
    So if Bradford is saying the right things about the Rams, and the agent is doing the same, who is Schefter's source? Let me answer that for you: HE DOES NOT HAVE ONE!

Don't be delusional , Schefter is the man, don't hate just because he doesn't report positive news about the Rams... take some sip of reality.
    Thanks for the opinion, Mrs. Schefter.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -04-02-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Benjamin I have to wonder what planet you live on bro. If Bradford would put on that much a show in two different interviews about playing for the Rams he would have had to go through some complete overnight character change and take deceivery lessons from Hannibal Lecter. He didn't dodge the question in any way and came out right and said it was all bullcrap. What more does he need to do?

You sound like that type of person who subscribes to conspriacy theories about everything and belives everything is doubletalk or contains hidden meanings...

You probably play Sesame Street songs backwards to see if there are any satanic messages hidden in it...

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Well stated AV!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I think you have to look at what Schefter really is and what the journalism profession has become. We all like to think the job of a journalist is to tell facts but in today's world, it's also to boost viewership and if that means making sensationalistic statements that draw in potential viewers, awesome for the network. From what I heard Schefter say, he didn't say there was a source, he didn't say it is remotely likely, he said Bradford MAY not sign with the Rams. Technically, that's completely true. It's idiotic journalism but it isn't a lie. I think the way he worded it, it wasn't a lie but it was all about getting people to sit through a series of commercials. Integrity be damned.

What got me was right after that they went with Schlereth and Herm Edwards talking about McNabb. They both agreed that the Eagles shouldn't have done to him what they've done with the trade rumors. What exactly have the Eagles done? Are they talking about trading him? 99% of the discussion is by journalists looking to make a sensational story at the expense of McNabb. The Eagles have done nothing to stir the story or to embarrass McNabb and in fact Reid has repeatedly stated he wants him to return. Yet here these two are acting holier than thou about how wrong the Eagles have treated McNabb.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -04-02-2010 at 02:49 PM.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Oh and Schlereth and Herm Edwards said Dez Bryant has a passion for the game of football. How do they know that? Have they met with the kid multiple times to determine this? Then they said you can't be sure what he'll do once he gets the money. If he has passion, you don't worry about what happens after he gets the money. I used to really like Schlereth but he has turned me off completely.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

All good points Rebel. In truth we really don't know what is being said about certain players and that's a point ive been trying to raise in previous post regarding what REAL NFL people think about players and certain draft prospects coming out. We have no clue how teams feel about most players and only can infer and gauge how teams feel about the main guys like Bradfords and Suhs.

We the fans are really clueless alot of times and tend to make judgements on teams abd players based on "anonymous sources" that could have been the reporters cousin Eddy at Sunday dinner last week.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I thought it particularly funny when he referenced going to Washington over St. Louis because there is no question of ownership there. REALLY... I pretty much question every move DS makes.

Yes it possible you end up with a bad owner coming to the Rams but you are guaranteed one going to the Redskins.
    It's not the owner so much as the possibility of having to either deal with a parsimonious ownership group that has nothing left for anyone else if the deal falls through, or having to investigate housing situations in other markets a year or two after buying your St. Louis mansion if the team is sold to someone less committed to the city.

And I'm not going to call Schefter a tool. He usually gets stuff right, and honestly you can't trust anyone's public persona right now. It's all brinkmanship. Possibly retarded brinkmanship in the case of trying to prise a trade out of the Redskins, but brinkmanship all the same.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast