Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Adam Schefter is a Tool (The Star of ESPN NFL Lies)

Ahhh. Schefter is a tool. Whenever he is interviewed on TV, I put on Dr. Phil or something. I can't stand Schefter. If he has a degree, he only got it cuz the school wanted his ass out!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    It's not the owner so much as the possibility of having to either deal with a parsimonious ownership group that has nothing left for anyone else if the deal falls through, or having to investigate housing situations in other markets a year or two after buying your St. Louis mansion if the team is sold to someone less committed to the city.
    None of that matters. The Rams will have to offer a contract to Bradford at market value, and once the contract is signed, the chance that Bradford won't be paid for financial reasons is 0%.

And I'm not going to call Schefter a tool. He usually gets stuff right, and honestly you can't trust anyone's public persona right now. It's all brinkmanship. Possibly retarded brinkmanship in the case of trying to prise a trade out of the Redskins, but brinkmanship all the same.
    Well, in this case, Shifty Schefter can't lose. He has BOTH guaranteed that the Rams will take Bradford, and discussed rumblings that they'll be forced to trade the pick. So, whichever team Bradford ends up on, he'll be "right."

It would be great if, in my profession, I could do the same. I mean, if I could represent both the Plaintiff and the Defendant in a lawsuit, then I'm guaranteed to be on the winning side. Of course, the Bar frowns upon that type of arrangement.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    None of that matters. The Rams will have to offer a contract to Bradford at market value, and once the contract is signed, the chance that Bradford won't be paid for financial reasons is 0%.
    Read that statement again. We'll be paying Bradford and surrounding him with bargain-basement low-rent CFL garbage. Not exactly a situation I'd like to walk into.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Read that statement again. We'll be paying Bradford and surrounding him with bargain-basement low-rent CFL garbage. Not exactly a situation I'd like to walk into.
    Sorry... I didn't respond to all of your nonsense.

Let's compare the Rams' offense with the "better fit" Redskins.

The Rams have a better O line, believe it or not. Even with all its injuries, the Rams had a higher ypc average and gave up fewer sacks/QB hits per pass attempt. With the development of Jason Smith and the retirement of Chris Samuels, the Rams should have a vastly superior O line in 2010.

The Rams have a better starting RB. Is there any debate there?

The Redskins arguably have the advantage at WR, but Santana Moss, Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas are hardly world beaters.

At TE, the Skins have the advantage with Cooley, but he's coming off a broken ankle.

You can worry about the ownership situation imploding and the Rams getting rid of Bradford's supporting cast if you want, but that's not how things work. In the end, whether its Khan or someone else, the Ram will have a stable owner (don't forget, forty percent of their resources come from Kronke, who is very solid financially).

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Our vastly superior running back is why we have a better ypc, and as I keep pointing out, our sack ratio is better because we run a passing offense that has the ball out of the QB's hands in 2 seconds because he doesn't have 3 seconds to get it off.

Damned Ramz is offline Registered User

i think someone had a bad day lol

sheftler...IMO is the best of the terrible crap that is nfl journalism... you wanna chrip a guy go look at pat kirwin on nfl.com, he is a tool

its the nature of the job that scheftler will make coments that bring attention to what he is saying about possibile situations based on little 'actual' facts.

you can however make an argument why bradford would prefer going to the skins (dont get me wrong...rams for life)

• the quarter back position is an extension of the organization (look at why they had to trade cutler last year)...if that organizations leader is in doubt (the rams) then i could see why a qb would be weary of going there
    • washington is a bigger football market (i.e. better endorsements, more recognition, more $$$)
    • being coached by a guy with a better resume (i like spags more myself but you can see why a qb would want a guy who coached cutler and the great John Elway)

and this is just the top of my head....

to say that sheftler is wrong is irresponsible beceaue, as someone on this thread said, we (as fans) have no idea what is really going on in the nfl world, we base our ideas on other 'experts'; arguing who those experts are is a matter of opinion, but IMO scheftler is as close to an expert the public can get (except mayock of course).

go rams

harrydog is offline Registered User

I'm so sick of these morons trying to drum up controversy without a single fact.

I need to just tune these yokels out.
    But I doubt that you will.

you can however make an argument why bradford would prefer going to the skins (dont get me wrong...rams for life)

• the quarter back position is an extension of the organization (look at why they had to trade cutler last year)...if that organizations leader is in doubt (the rams) then i could see why a qb would be weary of going there
    The Redskins have changed coaches twice in two years, and are ready to dump a QB that they drafted in the first round four years ago. That's stability?

washington is a bigger football market (i.e. better endorsements, more recognition, more $$$)
    Nonsense. Peyton Manning plays in Indianapolis. Brett Favre played most of his career in Green Bay. Not exactly big markets, but they have had plenty of endorsements.

being coached by a guy with a better resume (i like spags more myself but you can see why a qb would want a guy who coached cutler and the great John Elway)
    and this is just the top of my head....
    I really don't think that's a big factor. Shanahan is the HC. Its not like he'll be the one grooming the QB.

to say that sheftler is wrong is irresponsible beceaue, as someone on this thread said, we (as fans) have no idea what is really going on in the nfl world, we base our ideas on other 'experts'; arguing who those experts are is a matter of opinion, but IMO scheftler is as close to an expert the public can get (except mayock of course).
    That's a load of bunk. Schefter ignores Bradford's own statements and speculates based upon "rumblings," and that makes him an expert?

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    But I doubt that you will.
    I agree with you. What can I say... I'm addicted.

Benjamin 100 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    The story would be acceptable if the source would referred to e.g. someone inside the Bradford camp, ex team mates/coaches or friends of his. But every journalist has just heard "rumblings" and "chatter" of this rumour.

I believe what Bradford says publicly, he wouldn't say "I'd love to play for the St Louis Rams" out loud whilst privately thinking "I'll never sign for them if they pick me", it just doesn't make any sense
    Why would he need to release the source? That's not a very good idea to begin with, if you listen to a lot of his interviews he never specifically identifies a source in that reference... if you have a REAL source, you'll never identify it... for OBVIOUS reasons.

This is not about two extreme situations where Bradford is saying he'd love to play for the Rams while thinking the opposite... it's about Bradford saying he's open and Schefter saying there's some chatter...that's it.

According to who... his mother?
    According to many? lol it's pretty obvious that Schefter is the #1 inside guy right now, and has been for a while. His sources/network is by far greater than others, and he's usually the most accurate.

This is obvious, but you can go ahead and lie to yourself. Don't take my word for it, just read his twitter, or search Adam Schefter vs your favorite inside guy... or go to general football forums.

Actually, several sites had the Rams taking Bradford at that point, and many here (including me) were talking about the Rams' possible interest.

But you've made our point here... what kind of a serious reporter "guarantees" something that is not decided? I'll tell you what kind... one who likes to throw stuff against the wall in hope that something might stick.
    lol Several sites making mock drafts that don't mean anything? I'm talking about actual guarantees, people that are actually confirming or assuring Bradford WILL be the number 1 pick... "several sites" is a big vague and irrelevant.

Someone that's putting his credibility on the line? Someone that's confident? Of course he's throwing ish on the wall to get hype... however you've got to realize he's doing it with his credibility on the line.

No one at that point was talking about the Rams taking Bradford in a serious fashion - it was all speculation with Suh, McCoy, even random talks of trading the pick, etc.

Is that a serious comment? Of course I go with what Bradford said over Schefter's speculation about "common sense" and "rumblings."
    ok, if this is the case, and I'm sure you're one of those people who believe what GM's saying right now about draft prospects too, and putting weight into prospect visits, interviews, workouts, etc.

So if Bradford is saying the right things about the Rams, and the agent is doing the same, who is Schefter's source? Let me answer that for you: HE DOES NOT HAVE ONE!
    He didn't say anything serious, all he's saying is there is some rumblings - is this something that needs a bibliography? All he's saying that there is rumbling, and ya'll are blowing it out of the water like it's a Japanese submarine.

Thanks for the opinion, Mrs. Schefter.

HA HA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Benjamin I have to wonder what planet you live on bro. If Bradford would put on that much a show in two different interviews about playing for the Rams he would have had to go through some complete overnight character change and take deceivery lessons from Hannibal Lecter. He didn't dodge the question in any way and came out right and said it was all bullcrap. What more does he need to do?
    What are you talking about? Character change?

You sound like that type of person who subscribes to conspriacy theories about everything and belives everything is doubletalk or contains hidden meanings...

You probably play Sesame Street songs backwards to see if there are any satanic messages hidden in it...

Yeah man, that's exactly what I do. Where do you get this ridiculous BS? Are you a little kid? Bringing Sesame Street into a Rams forum? I've never heard of some ish like that... but obviously YOU have. HA HA.

There is no conspiracy here, Schefter didn't say anything written in grave, and he was doing is talking about rumbling... personally, I'd just read/look across it and watch what happens. It doesn't really mean much to be honest.

Obviously it does to some people here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Damned Ramz View Post
    That's pretty much reality...

All Schefter is talking about is ramblings and the people in here are talking like he went out on a limb with some ridiculous report.
    Last edited by Benjamin 100; -04-03-2010 at 08:55 AM.

[/LIST]The Redskins have changed coaches twice in two years, and are ready to dump a QB that they drafted in the first round four years ago. That's stability?
    Dumping a QB being drafted 4 years ago isn't a big deal if you feel you aren't getting anywhere with him... and the fact is the new coach requires a better QB, you're talking like it's the same people making all the moves.

Nonsense. Peyton Manning plays in Indianapolis. Brett Favre played most of his career in Green Bay. Not exactly big markets, but they have had plenty of endorsements.
    Non-sense? That's reality - what does Manning and Favre have to do with this? Favre was drafted in the 2nd round, you put him up there like he had a choice HA HA HA. He's not saying it's impossible for Bradford to get big money...? All he's saying that Washington is a bigger market so there will be more generated $$$ from the fan base/market.

Manning's extra $$$ has to do with things outside of the Indy market (IE direcTV,Sony), which has no relevance on the market, it's just him as an icon and being the elite QB in the NFL.

Brett Favre is America's QB... same situation here, just not on a big of level as Manning.

So what's YOUR point?

That's a REAL factor/argument in Bradford wanting to go to the Redskins, you're obviously writing it off in denial.

Do you think ANYONE, pre-draft, is heading into the NFL thinking they'll be like Manning or Favre? Realistically, speaking, not some motivational, goal BS.

I really don't think that's a big factor. Shanahan is the HC. Its not like he'll be the one grooming the QB.
    With this line alone, I can tell you're pretty much far off base from reality as it is in your own fantasy land where the NFL works in your favor every time.

Shanahan is not the one grooming the QB? LMAO, you obviously have absolutely 0 knowledge on Shanahan. Like I said, fantasy land.

That's a load of bunk. Schefter ignores Bradford's own statements and speculates based upon "rumblings," and that makes him an expert?
    Who said he is an expert based of this situation alone?

Fantasy land.

Tell me, who do the Rams face in after their first week bye in the playoffs for 2011? HA HA HA HA
    Last edited by Benjamin 100; -04-03-2010 at 08:48 AM.

The funny thing is that, will all of your posts, I can sum up your comments as follows:

1. Schefter is great; and
    2. Nuh-uh!!!

You obviously like Schefter. Good for you. That does not change the fact that reports consisting entirely of "rumblings," "chatter," "rumors" and unnamed "inside" or "league" sources are irresponsible and constitute tabloid journalism, at best.

Someone - no matter how popular or successful - who goes on TV or the internet and makes "reports" of this type (as opposed to merely saying, "in my opinion...") is, by definition, a tool.

If the Rams draft Bradford, they'll sign him before training camp. Since I have not heard or read a single fact to suggest otherwise, that is my opinion, and Schefter isn't going to change my opinion by talking about "rumblings."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast