Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    harrydog is offline Registered User

Re: Adam Schefter is a Tool (The Star of ESPN NFL Lies)

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I agree with you. What can I say... I'm addicted.
    We've got to have something to talk about when there is no football being played.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    We've got to have something to talk about when there is no football being played.
    Yeah true, imagine just knowing exactly whats going to happen in 3 months. Where's all the drama and excitement?

Benjamin 100 is offline Registered User

The funny thing is that, will all of your posts, I can sum up your comments as follows:

1. Schefter is great; and
    2. Nuh-uh!!!

You obviously like Schefter. Good for you. That does not change the fact that reports consisting entirely of "rumblings," "chatter," "rumors" and unnamed "inside" or "league" sources are irresponsible and constitute tabloid journalism, at best.

Someone - no matter how popular or successful - who goes on TV or the internet and makes "reports" of this type (as opposed to merely saying, "in my opinion...") is, by definition, a tool.

If the Rams draft Bradford, they'll sign him before training camp. Since I have not heard or read a single fact to suggest otherwise, that is my opinion, and Schefter isn't going to change my opinion by talking about "rumblings."
    I can sum up yours as follows:

1. Unknowledgeable
    2. Biased

Schefter is great - I stated that in the very first post...thanks for the obvious.

Oh, and I hope you saw what Bardford said about Shanahan today... HA HA HA.

TheRammer Guest

The funny thing is that, will all of your posts, I can sum up your comments as follows:

1. Schefter is great; and
    2. Nuh-uh!!!

You obviously like Schefter. Good for you. That does not change the fact that reports consisting entirely of "rumblings," "chatter," "rumors" and unnamed "inside" or "league" sources are irresponsible and constitute tabloid journalism, at best.

Someone - no matter how popular or successful - who goes on TV or the internet and makes "reports" of this type (as opposed to merely saying, "in my opinion...") is, by definition, a tool.

If the Rams draft Bradford, they'll sign him before training camp. Since I have not heard or read a single fact to suggest otherwise, that is my opinion, and Schefter isn't going to change my opinion by talking about "rumblings."
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin 100 View Post
    I can sum up yours as follows:

1. Unknowledgeable
    2. Biased

Schefter is great - I stated that in the very first post...thanks for the obvious.

lmao this is priceless..

You know how I like to stir up things a little but think things are going just as good as they can get now.. BTW Schefter's job entails him to say the crap he does, which is more speculation and half truths and common sense stuff than facts just for something new to talk about for the day. hell he gots to pay the bills..
    BTW Ben he isn't the greatest analyst ever... My fav is Marshall Marshall Marshall!!!
    Last edited by TheRammer; -04-03-2010 at 07:05 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What? He said he was excited about meeting Shanahan, and he would welcome the opportunity to play in D.C., or something to that effect.

Who cares? The Redskins don't have the first pick, the Rams do. Bradford has said repeatedly that he would be happy to play in St. Louis if the Rams draft him.

Oh... and the "HA HA HA" thing... what are you, 12 years old?

You can argue all you want, but it does not change the fact that Schefter is reporting a story with no facts and no source. If you want to bow at his feet, that's your choice.

Who cares? The Redskins don't have the first pick, the Rams do. Bradford has said repeatedly that he would be happy to play in St. Louis if the Rams draft him.
    lol you've obviously lost sight into what you previously said.

I really don't think that's a big factor. Shanahan is the HC. Its not like he'll be the one grooming the QB.
    In reference to Shanahan being a factor of why Bradford would want to play in D.C.

F-A-I-L.

You can argue all you want, but it does not change the fact that Schefter is reporting a story with no facts and no source. If you want to bow at his feet, that's your choice.
    Are you kidding me with your thought process right now? My point is, as I said, this is not even worth the title of a "story." You're basing one little thing he said in negativity of the Rams to Schefter being a "tool."

This is not arguing, I'm just serving it up.

lol you've obviously lost sight into what you previously said.
    No, I'm very clear on what I said. You just don't have the comrehension to understand what I'm saying.

In reference to Shanahan being a factor of why Bradford would want to play in D.C.

F-A-I-L.
    Now I know that you're 12.

Are you kidding me with your thought process right now? My point is, as I said, this is not even worth the title of a "story." You're basing one little thing he said in negativity of the Rams to Schefter being a "tool."
    See, you just demonstrated that you don't get it. I have no problem with a reporter saying negative things about the Rams. I do have a problem with people who present unsupported rumor as fact or "inside information." Sorry if you don't get the difference.

This is not arguing, I'm just serving it up.
    Did I say you sound like you're 12? Make that 8.

Molotov is offline Registered User

I don't watch ESPN anymore. Haven't for years. They are the National Enquirer of sports coverage. My son tunes in when he comes home, and it usually takes about 5 minutes to remember why I don't watch anymore.

Unfortunately, NFL Network is only marginally better.

Thank god for Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton's radio show. I get more information from Hacksaw in 5 minutes then I would get from ESPN in a week.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

In my opinion, the problem with sports journalism right now - at least when it comes to guys like Schefter or Mortensen or others - is that it's so much a competition of getting the scoop first. Whether it's rumblings, a prediction, or breaking the news, it's more important to be first than right.

Remember the NFL Network reports by Schefter the night that Jason Garrett was flying into St. Louis, and how all signs pointed to him being the next Rams coach? Whoops. I read elsewhere that Chris Mortensen was actually preparing to come out with some kind of statement about the Rams and Sam Bradford, but Schefter got a whiff of it and beat him to the punch.

I don't really know if this says anything about the guys as much as it does the business. As soon as Schefter left NFL Network, they promoted someone else up to replace him as their "scoop guy." I think when it comes to breaking actual news, they're usually fairly good. But when it comes to rumblings or whatnot, that's best left to the belly.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

No, I'm very clear on what I said. You just don't have the comrehension to understand what I'm saying.
    In denial much? You said it wouldn't be a big factor, and Shanny has nothing to do with grooming the QB and Bradford came out and pretty much said the exact opposite.

Like I said...F-A-I-L

Are this pathetic throughout your day too when you've been slapped straight?

You're using 2nd grade logic throughout all your posts.

I do have a problem with people who present unsupported rumor as fact or "inside information." Sorry if you don't get the difference.
    Like I said, anyone with a true source never reveals the source if it's actually inside... people can get in trouble. Obviously, you wouldn't understand this.

Forget Schefter - you do realize ALL reporters don't always cite their exact source, right?

Like I said...2nd grade logic.

Damned Ramz is offline Registered User

[/LIST]
    The Redskins have changed coaches twice in two years, and are ready to dump a QB that they drafted in the first round four years ago. That's stability?

Nonsense. Peyton Manning plays in Indianapolis. Brett Favre played most of his career in Green Bay. Not exactly big markets, but they have had plenty of endorsements.

I really don't think that's a big factor. Shanahan is the HC. Its not like he'll be the one grooming the QB.

That's a load of bunk. Schefter ignores Bradford's own statements and speculates based upon "rumblings," and that makes him an expert?

1) My argument was I could see why a qb would want to play in washington...which is a bigger market than st.louis.
    To name two players and dismiss the whole argument is ridiculous...especially two players who have elite talent with endearing personalities.

2) Bradford saying he doesn't want to go to a particular team can only hurt his reputation (and potential $$)...everything he says from now on is scripted, look at any player after they've done something wrong (DUI, domestic violence, whatever) do you really believe anything they say?

3)We can argue back in forth on who has greater stability all day but as of now the rams future ownership is in question while the skins have an owner that has way too much fun to sell.

4) Mike Shanahan wont play a part in a young quaterbacks development??? Shanahan was extremely involved in cutlers deveoplement...not to meniton he was a quarterbacks coach, has been an O-coordinator, and played qb in collage...are you basing an argument on little 'actual' fact?
    If you want another HC involved with a qbs development try Norv Turner or Bill Walsh...

maybe I didn't make my points clear enough but if you can't even see why someone COULD prefer Wash over St.louis...then this is just plain homerism

In denial much? You said it wouldn't be a big factor, and Shanny has nothing to do with grooming the QB and Bradford came out and pretty much said the exact opposite.
    I said that the HC does not groom the QB. That's a true statement. HCs have too many duties to focus on QBs alone. That's why teams have QB coaches and OCs. Nothing Bradford said changes that one bit.

The rest of your post is worthless. In fact, you are the worst kind of poster. A child who makes idiotic arguments and then pats himself on the back for them. You remind me of the moron callers on Jim Rome's show.

I've wasted more than enough time on you, Junior. We're done.

Oh yeah, who was the first to break the McNabb trade? Schefter. I don't recall him citing a "source" either.

LMAO.

I said that the HC does not groom the QB. That's a true statement. HCs have too many duties to focus on QBs alone. That's why teams have QB coaches and OCs. Nothing Bradford said changes that one bit.
    lol - this is why teams have QB coaches and OCs? Even tho some HC's are the teams OC or DC even if someone else has the title?

Sean Payton was pretty much the OC for Saints last year...the list goes on.

I'm done man, I'm obviously talking to someone with football knowledge that is no where near the level I'm looking in discussing with.

Oh yeah, who was the first to break the McNabb trade? Schefter. I don't recall him citing a "source" either.

LMAO.
    You crack me up, dude. Your hero was trying to "break" the story of Bradford forcing the Rams to trade Bradford to the Redskins just a few days ago, and now it turns out that the Redskins have traded for McNabb.

So what's the theory now... that they're going to trade up to take Bradford so he can sit behind McNabb? Please.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast