Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Add USC RB Joe McKnight to the list

McKnight leaving USC for draft
    By Joe Schad
    ESPN
    Updated: January 8, 2010, 1:48 PM ET

USC junior running back Joe McKnight said Friday that he will enter the upcoming NFL draft.

"The time is right," McKnight said. "This was my first healthy season and I really don't want to come back and risk injury."

The Trojans held McKnight out of the Emerald Bowl against Boston College in December amid an ongoing investigation into whether he violated rules by using an SUV that does not belong to him, as well as his relationship with the vehicle's owner, Santa Monica businessman Scott Schenter.

McKnight was not cleared in time by USC's compliance department to participate in the Emerald Bowl, a 24-13 victory for USC. He said Friday that the ongoing investigation did not factor into his decision to leave school early.

"If I would have come back it would have been to pursue the Heisman," said McKnight, who also spoke of the difficulty of being compared with former USC running back Reggie Bush.

"My career was OK," McKnight said. "It was good, but not like Reggie. There was a constant pressure to be like Reggie."

McKnight was USC's first 1,000-yard rusher since 2005. He gained 1,014 yards, scored eight touchdowns and averaged 6.2 yards per carry. The Trojans finished 9-4, their worst season since 2001. The Trojans failed to make a BCS bowl and win the Pac-10 title for the first time in eight years.
    If he's there in the mid rounds, he wouldn't be a bad pick-up as a #2 behind Jackson. Not sure I'd think about it until the third or fourth though, and by that time he may be gone. Still, food for thought.

Damned Ramz Guest

Re: Add USC RB Joe McKnight to the list

If hes there in the 3rd or 4th you gotta grab him, coming out of high school this guy was supposed to destroy in college, but injuries and off field issues (he had to sit out their bowl game because of some sort of controversy) kinda slowed him down.
    All the talent in the world though, could be a good guy to spell jackson.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I think Jahvid Best is someone the Rams should look at possibly in the 2nd round.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

i think the rams shouldnt touch a back or a receiver to at LEAST the 4th round. Our recevier situation really isnt s bad as people seem to think it is..

And a backup RB isnt as much a priority for us as dt, old, de, tackle, and QB are.

that being said, id like us to hold out another year for a QB. no sense settling for sloppy seconds with a pike or mccoy. If we get a "QB of the future" might as well do it right.