keith m. klink Guest

After the smoke , who is the pick ?

I found that we all have heard the stories and rumor's of most of the big players , and i'm sure in the next 18 days or so a huge story will break about someone and the world will come to an NFL end .

I have done a little work, not much ! just a little , and came up with a 3-draft scenario with J. LONG , C. LONG and G. DORSEY . I did not do a draft with GHOLSTON because i just can't warrent them taking him at #2 . I don't think that he is a #2 talent so he will not joint the other 3-HORSEMEN . I have done these in the order of who i would prefer .

1ST . # 2 , DE - C. LONG

2ND .# 33 , WR -L. SWEED

3RD .# 65 , OT - J. GRECO

4TH .#101 , SS - J. ADAMS

5TH .#137 , C - J. SULLIVAN

6TH .#168 , DT - K. LANGFORD

6TH .#180 , FB - J. COLLINS

7TH .#217 , QB -M. FLYNN

7TH .#252 , WR -A. BOWMAN

So this end's my #1 -C.LONG draft and on to my #2 J.LONG draft.#3 DORSEY to follow.

1ST . # 2 , OT - J. LONG

2ND . #33 , DE / OLB - Q. GROVES

3RD . #65 , WR - D. AVERY

4TH . #101, SS - J.BARRETT

5TH . #137, QB - E. AINGE

6TH . #168, DE -J. THOMPSON

6TH . #180, C - K. LICHTENSTEIGER

7TH . #217, WR - S. JOHNSON

7TH . #252, FB - J.FELTON

This end's my #2 J. LONG draft , now follow's my DORSEY scenario.

1ST . # 2 , DT - G. DORSEY

2ND . # 33 , DE - L. JACKSON

3RD . # 65 , WR - E. ROYAL

4TH . #101, OG - E. YOUNG

5TH . #137, SS - W. WOODYARD

6TH . #168, OT - K. BARTON

6TH . #180, WR - K.BURTON

7TH . #180, OLB- V. REDD..(as a pass rush end : ala. L.LITTLE)

7TH . #252, QB - T.C. OSTRANDER . Mr . I

this end's my drafts for the year except my last 7rd rams draft on the 24-25 of april . hope these help you with what others are looking to draft .

7TH . #

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: After the smoke , who is the pick ?

I really like the second scenario. Will Barrett be available at the 4th round? I'm not sure about that. I havent heard much about him for a while.

As for the first three picks in the second scenario, I really like it. It addresses 3 needs in the first 3 rounds. Which is what we really need.

The first scenario is really good too. I would love to have sweed in the second after we get Chris Long. I believe we NEED a DE, and I'm praying that Chris Long falls to us. I really do.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Why in the first draft 4TH .#101 , SS - J. ADAMS and in the second same spot #101, SS - J.BARRETT?

keith m. klink Guest

Because with either ADAMS or BARRETT , at that spot # 101 is around the place ( that I have them at) where i feel that they will go. i feel that they have roughly the same speed with BARRETT a bit heavier than ADAMS by 10-15 lbs , and both are BIG HITTERS but have some differant skill set's.

Also , i don't ever put all my egg's in one basket and i always have a backup plan too my backup plan!

I also think that both are good value at that spot , ADAM'S is a good hitter , and great in the box with his physical and athletic talent, and tackles people . BARRETT big hitter thats good against the run also is a sure tackler and has some INT's , his big downer is some shoulder injury history in 2003 i think or something . But if he's healthy ?

That is why i have 2 differant safeties at the same pick , # 101 .

I was also waiting for someone to ask me also .

Rambos is offline Registered User

Do you like one over the other?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Why do you have royal in one and Avery in the other. I'd take Avery both times

keith m. klink Guest

first of all , i like them both and are pretty close in what i see the RAMS as needing from them as players , but i think ADAMS gets a little bit of a lead just because of BARRETTS injury history and ADAMS as a hardnose player in the box . i think either would pair nicely with ATAGWE.

And as for the wide receivers , same thing about all my egg's in one basket and also the reason for this is i have the RAMS drafting 2 receivers to add to the youth movement . so i tried to pair at least 1 top speed receiver in ROYAL and AVERY , with a sleeper type that has a great talent but would be in the later rounds in a BURTON and JOHNSON . a bit bigger and heavier than the other speed guy's

And the biggest reason , it's not a given that we end up with AVERY . some team might cut into rd 2 and grab him if rates on their board that high , so i like to have another option that would get me close to what i really need from a pick .

Great questions so far , tell me if you guy's had any of these guy's on your 3-7 rd boards , i would think that the first 2 rounds we have alot of the same players . but i'm interested in where other players have made up your boards .