AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Agents for Top Prospects

Armen Dacity: Any word on who the top prospects (Monroe, J.Smith, Curry, Raji, Crabtree) have selected as agents? Do you think that matters? Are their agents (ahem... Postons... ahem...) who could tip the scales against a player (all other things being relatively equal)?

Jim Thomas: Monroe has an obscure agent, Sanat "Sunny" Shah, a U.Va. graduate, who has very few clients; Jason Smith has Ben Dogra of the St. Louis-based mega agency CAA (Condon, Steiner, etc.); Curry has Andy Ross of Octagon (another major agency that represents lots of NFLers); Crabtree has Eugene Parker (Parker's very good and gets a lot of top-flight guys, but he does occasionally have holdouts _ see Steven Jackson); I'm not sure on Raji (but I think it might be Condon.)
    No huge red flags there (i.e. no Postons!). Monroe's newbie agent could go either way - he could be a hard line guy trying to make a name for himself as a tough negotiator, or he could be someone who just wants that first big commission.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Agents for Top Prospects

AV, just to remind you, the Postons were the agents for James Butler whom we did sign with a minor amount of difficulty. That was my fear when we were in the negotiating process. But the news on the other prospects is good. I think the players we are targeting "want" to get the negotiatng behind them and get into camp so they can begin to learn the team's playbook and make an impact. That is the beauty of rebuilding or a youth movement, lots of opportunity.

What I do wonder is how the impact of the future CBA between the players and the owners will affect things this year.

Go Rams!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Agents for Top Prospects

No Poston.
    No Rosenhaus.

Okay, it's a good day.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod