Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: Ahem... a brief announcement... THE RAMS WILL NOT TAKE A TE IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!

We need to find players that can come in here and have big a big time impact. Last years FA steal.

Continuing an emphasis on upgrading a defense that has been a problem area for the last several seasons, the Minnesota Vikings Saturday signed Sharper to a four-year contract. Financial details were not immediately available, but it is believed that the contract includes a signing bonus of at least $4 million.

NAME TOT SOLO AST SACK TLOSS FF BK INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD

Darren Sharper 50 40 10 0.0 3 1 0 9 276 30.7 92 2 16

rampete is offline Registered User

Re: Ahem... a brief announcement... THE RAMS WILL NOT TAKE A TE IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!

v. davis is a good player but i think he's somewhat over-hyped due to his exceptional speed...but as we all know, speed is not the answer to everything...

i saw only one game on tv with davis of maryland playing against NC state in december of last year. davis didn't stand out to me...except for his 15yd TD catch at the end of garbage time(NCstate up 20-7 over maryland at that time) he was negated by the wolfpack secondary...davis caught 8 for 120+, which is excellent, but he was the only terrapin player that caught more than 2 passes...

v. davis would do wonders for a team like the chiefs, chargers, ravens and giants...all teams that lack a true #1 type receiver...

but alas, this draft is very deep in TEs and i don't see that v. davis will impact the rams team the way a playmaker in the secondary or linebacking position will for the defense...

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    You donít have to make your first pick in the draft a defensive player to upgrade your defense.
    You don't have to, but when you have one of the league's worst defenses while, even in a down year, produced a top ten offense, then it seems pretty clear where your priorities should be.

That said, the entire draft strategy could change after free agency, so this is all speculation right now.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

so what exactly is the scenario of getting Davis? I think we should really get him, because of the fact that we just need more blocking, Linehan does wonders with TE's. I think our D will step it up, and we'll still be able to draft some playmakers for D. I think we'll be fine if we get Davis, I think it would be a steal to be honest with you, if we get him ofcourse.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123