Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: AJ Jenkins -- The 4th WR workout this past weekend -- most likely pick at #39

richtree is offline Registered User

AJ Jenkins -- The 4th WR workout this past weekend -- most likely pick at #39

On Monday, Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that the Rams held private workouts over the weekend with three draft-eligible receivers. They were Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, and Kendall Wright. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Rams worked out at least one more: Illinois receiver A.J. Jenkins. Jenkins is regarded as a third-to-fourth-round talent. It’s unclear whether the Rams would be targeting him in that range, or higher. Jenkins caught 90 passes in 2011, generated 1,276 yards. He was one of the fastest receivers at the Scouting Combine, covering 40 yards in 4.39 seconds.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: AJ Jenkins -- The 4th WR workout this past weekend -- most likely pick at #39

So are you saying he is most likely the pick at #39? Or is someone else?

Re: AJ Jenkins -- The 4th WR workout this past weekend -- most likely pick at #39

BTW -- I say most likely pick because the Rams will get Blackmon, Floyd, or Richardson....

Odds are Wright is gone in Round 1 (weather he should be or not) and that leaves us with Sanu, Hill, Randle, and Jenkins.....

Hill and Randle are probably gone before Round2 and the Rams will probably go another position at pick #33 that leaves Sanu vs Jenkins for #39....

Jenkins was worked out a few times by the Rams and his speed and routes are super-crisp for the Turf and WCO....

I foresee Blackmon, DT, Jenkins as most likely scenerio at this time......

If Richardson is our pick he may go Randle and Jenkins....but as AV says, "Ya never know nuthin about no stinkin draft picks"

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

There's just too many holes to use 2 premium picks on the same position.
    Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Rams worked out at least one more: Illinois receiver A.J. Jenkins
    And that source is who?
    #39 Fan likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    There's just too many holes to use 2 premium picks on the same position. And that source is who?
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 24, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 24, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
    Ah, I see. This comes from Florio.

AV, any thoughts?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Mike "Terry Bradshaw is dead" Florio?
    THOLTFAN81 and shower beers like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

How does this make AJ Jenkins our #39 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    How does this make AJ Jenkins our #39 pick?
    Quite simply because I said so, duh Rambos...
    Rambos likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Oh yea!? Well, if you are so smart, let's see you predict who goes #1 overall! Bet you can't do that smartypants!

On a more serious note, if we grab Blackmon, I'd rather not get another WR in round 2.
    Rambos likes this.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I wish people would stop talking A. J. Jenkins news. I wanted him in the top of the third. I hope he isn't pushed into the second round.

I was hoping
    1 Blackmon
    2a Worthey
    2b Osemele
    3 A. J. Jenkins (NO! Janoris Jenkins)
    4 Taylor Thompson TE
    6 OLB
    7a DT
    7b OLB

The NFL pushed the limit of people coming into NFL camps from 80 to 90 players. I hope the Rams find a couple of good undrafted free agents. No punter in draft. Pick up free agent Punter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I wish people would stop talking A. J. Jenkins news. I wanted him in the top of the third. I hope he isn't pushed into the second round.

I was hoping
    1 Blackmon
    2a Worthey
    2b Osemele
    3 A. J. Jenkins (NO! Janoris Jenkins)
    4 Taylor Thompson TE
    6 OLB
    7a DT
    7b OLB

The NFL pushed the limit of people coming into NFL camps from 80 to 90 players. I hope the Rams find a couple of good undrafted free agents. No punter in draft. Pick up free agent Punter.
    Yeah, I think people that really examined the Wide Recievers -- NFL Scouts had Jenkins high on their lists and the need for a WR has become most important next to QB and Pass Rusher ---

Therefore Jenkins won't make Round 3 for the Rams....it all depends who falls out of round 1 and if there are any offers for Pick#1 of Round2

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Jim Thomas just Tweeted:

Just got off chat, but can confirm PFT report that Rams also held private workout for Illinois wide receiver A.J. Jenkins over the weekend.
    He disagreed with Florio, though, on Terry Bradshaw, who is apparently alive and well.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Well there you have it Jenkins is the pick at #39.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

If they don't get Blackmon at #6, #33 or #39 will have to be Rueben, Hill or Jenkins most likely. They HAVE to get a WR in those top 3 picks.

If they take a Claiborne, Kalil or Cox, I just can't imagine a scenario where they don't take a WR in the second considering the massive fan anticipation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast