Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: AJ Jenkins -- The 4th WR workout this past weekend -- most likely pick at #39

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: AJ Jenkins -- The 4th WR workout this past weekend -- most likely pick at #39

Jenkins @ 39 would be a little bit high for me, but I understand that he may not make it to the first pick in the third round. If the Rams added Blackmon in Round One, I'd be inclined to wait and see if Jenkins makes it to the third round. If the Rams haven't taken a WR by pick #39, then I think the chances are better that he's in play for #39.
    THOLTFAN81 and sosa39rams like this.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Re: AJ Jenkins -- The 4th WR workout this past weekend -- most likely pick at #39

Its funny how many people wanted to give the Rams first round pick for Wallace yet wouldn't want Jenkins in the second round.

Besides his production, great workout numbers, and style of play, people never mention his football IQ. He always seems to know where to be and how to run routes. There was a tweet from optimum scouting saying that one of the things that stuck out to them this offseason was AJ teaching other WRs how to run routes in drills. To me he is a guy that would fly up draft boards after an interview. WR is a really tough position to get acclimated to in the NFL, and players need to be smart and know what they are doing to play at their full speed. Gilyard was an example of the opposite. He's got everything a team wants in a receiver.

I would love him at 39. The Rams won't get him in the third round if they play the waiting game.

I think its kind of telling he is the fourth guy on their radar when the other three are all first rounders in Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright. To me it's clear he is in play in the second round.
    Last edited by codeman123; -04-24-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    FestusRam likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

If he's there in the third, you take him without even thinking about it. In the 2nd? Only if we dont take a WR in the 1st. A.J Jenkins is the best route runner in the draft and reminds me a lot of Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce.

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12