Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Re: Albert haynesworth

I'd take him in a heartbeat. 2008 DP of the year, his contract is around 40-50 million for 4 more years, hes a pro-bowler, Spags can reach him Im sure,and get the most out of him and not to mention we get rid of Adam(the crutch)Carriker, pick up a DE in the draft or grab that guy Alex Brown that the Bears just released and the Dline is Done. I like it. . imo he could be the most talented DT we've had since the Rams came to St.Louis, certainly the highest paid. .

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

i agree with you dave. He could be really good and it sucks that he costs so much money. If they would do it for carriker, i's take it in a second. I mean we don't wana give up anything big for him but if we can get him for cheap, we have to. Then we can get all of you your favorite sooner,Mr.Bradford. But i would still rather trade back(maybe in the hayden range w/ maybe i guess 6-13) or grab berry and move him to corner(assuming we get atogwe back).

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    If we are going to get a DT who is out of position i would rather us go for Dorsey. He has a better attitude and not to long ago considered to be the next Suh... wait... what?..
    This is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. First of all, Haynesworth showed everyone what he was capable of doing, thats why he got that massive contract.

And secondly, Glen Dorsey has never played 4-3 in the NFL yet, hes unproven. Fat albert is easily one of the best DT's in the game right now.

He was robbed of his original position, and now does something he doesn't want to do. He has been practicing penetrating the gap on a 4-3 team for the last 8 years, and now all he is there for is to eat up space?

Yeah right.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

From Jim Thomas " At first I thought the money might be prohibitive, and said so on the radio. But I looked at the contract and the money for the next three years is fairly reasonable. So I think the Rams are thinking about it or have thought about it, but I'd be a liar if I told you I currently know how Devaney feels about the the guy."

I wouldn't give up more than a 5th and carriker who they are interested in. I would do that deal though Haynesworth makes double digit sack guys. Look at Andre Carter and Vanden Bosch with and without him. He is still only 28 love to add him to the defense

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

I like it, It would be somthing to be excited about

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

"The Redskins are also continuing to look at defensive linemen, and are strongly interested in acquiring Adam Carriker from St. Louis, as we first reported weeks ago, a deal that could also well be concluded by the draft." - Jason La Canfora.

Sounds interesting! I say we offer Adam Carriker and a 5th round pick and get back a beast!

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    "The Redskins are also continuing to look at defensive linemen, and are strongly interested in acquiring Adam Carriker from St. Louis, as we first reported weeks ago, a deal that could also well be concluded by the draft." - Jason La Canfora.

Sounds interesting! I say we offer Adam Carriker and a 5th round pick and get back a beast!

So you want a guy who plays about 65% of the game.

You want a guy who shows up out of shape.

You want a guy you does not participate in volunteer workouts.

You want a guy that cashed a big pay check and lost all motivation.

You want a guy who makes negative comments about his coach.

You want a guy who does not stand up for his team in a rumble.

All I know is in Skins Nation they can not wait to rid of this guy. Becareful of what you wish for.

Go Rams

Alec22 is offline Registered User

I want one of the best DT's in the league if not the best at a more than fair price..........

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post

All I know is in Skins Nation they can not wait to rid of this guy. Becareful of what you wish for.

Go Rams
    You pretty much hit it on the head. Devaney and Co. have stated they want players who are HUNGRY to play. Alberts' hunger has been satisfied by one of the fattest contracts for a pro player. He's a diva! Never mind the huge lapses in judgment. Does anyone remember the face stomping he administered???

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

If he ends up getting traded after a year of signing one of the biggest contracts in NFL history. don't you think that would speak volumes to him?

Look spags is a way better coach then Zorn could ever be and can the best out of his players. It sounds risky, but we would only give up Carriker and possibly a low draft pick for a DT who could possibly be the best in the division if not one of the top in the league. I know Carriker has never even got close to that. Worth the chance in my opinion.

It was also reported today, (I don't have the source, I saw it on rotoworld I think) that it would only average around 6 million for the next 3 years, and then he would basically get cut after that.

sakl18 is offline Registered User

Per Rotoworld:

With the Redskins having paid Albert Haynesworth his $21 million option bonus, his contract is essentially reduced to a three-year, $16M deal.

$9M is guaranteed. "Every team in the NFL would have interest in that," a league source told Profootballtalk.com. The Titans and Rams are believed to be in pursuit of Haynesworth. St. Louis makes a lot of sense because of its annually putrid run defense, and Washington's confirmed interest in Adam Carriker. Carriker would be a perfect fit at end in the Redskins' new 3-4.

I'm not sure what else we would have to give up, but I would have no problems giving him $16 million over 3 years. Having a player of his caliber in the middle of the d-line would not only help with both our pass and rush defense, but it would also cause him to be double teamed, opening up holes for Long and whoever our other starting DE ends up being.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Id happily straight up trade Adam Carriker for Albert Haynesworth
    Not that the Redskins would accept that but id be happier if we do get Haynesworth that we do it without giving up draft picks

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    How about we just draft SUH and forget about the next coming of
    Josh Heupel and Jason white.
    Come on folks-- Oklahoma Qbs from Stoops' system do not translate into good NFL producers.
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post

Go Rams
    Amen

RamsFanLSUMan is offline Registered User

I want his talent, but not his contract

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

a three year, $16 million deal for Albert Haynesworth is a steal if the Rams pull it off. If they can do it without trading an early draft pick it would be magnificent. Would it do any harm to bring in Haynesworth in exchange for Carriker? I doubt it. He would instantly upgrade our rotation at DT.

As for Haynesworth's moaning about the situation in Washington, i dont blame him. He was offered a $120 million to play for Tampa Bay but decided to play in Washington, and no doubt Washington made some promises to him regarding the scheme he would play in among other things. But after one season Shanahan comes in and wants to install a 3-4, which Haynesworth has little or no experience in. Wouldnt you be annoyed that you could have been playing for $20 million more and in a scheme you actually like, but are stuck in Washington?
    If the Rams were to trade for Haynesworth, i feel he could be quite happy being back in the middle of a 4-3 defensive line.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast