Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Albert haynesworth

I like the idea of haynsworth coming to the Rams.

But you need to see we have so much leverage on this deal. The Redskins want to trade him. The Redskins have strong interest in Adam Carriker. The Rams dont need to trade AC. If he stays he plays if he goes he goes.

So here's how i see it.

The Rams Get Albert Haynsworth. The Redskins pay for 15-25% of his ENTIRE contract

The redskins get the Adam Carriker and compensation for next year on how Haynsworth performs the highest they get is a 2nd rounder next year. Lowest is a 4th.

This works the reason we give so much next year is because the redskins are paying for his most of Haynsworth salary

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

most of Haynesworth's salary has been paid anyway, its down to a deal which only has 9 million guaranteed.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sakl18 View Post
    Per Rotoworld:

With the Redskins having paid Albert Haynesworth his $21 million option bonus, his contract is essentially reduced to a three-year, $16M deal.

$9M is guaranteed. "Every team in the NFL would have interest in that," a league source told Profootballtalk.com. The Titans and Rams are believed to be in pursuit of Haynesworth. St. Louis makes a lot of sense because of its annually putrid run defense, and Washington's confirmed interest in Adam Carriker. Carriker would be a perfect fit at end in the Redskins' new 3-4.

I'm not sure what else we would have to give up, but I would have no problems giving him $16 million over 3 years. Having a player of his caliber in the middle of the d-line would not only help with both our pass and rush defense, but it would also cause him to be double teamed, opening up holes for Long and whoever our other starting DE ends up being.
    I'm no expert when it comes to math but how in the world do you come up with that amount.

100 Million Dollar contract signed last year
    -21 Million Dollar Bonus

Are you telling me that the Redskins paid him 86 Million in 2 years? I've never heard such a large amount paid early into a contract.

I doubt very seriously his remainding balance on the contract is 16million.

Go Rams

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    most of Haynesworth's salary has been paid anyway, its down to a deal which only has 9 million guaranteed.
    Oh WORD!

then the deal should be easier to get done. Normally i dont like trading for player but this is a really good idea with haynsworth.

sakl18 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    I'm no expert when it comes to math but how in the world do you come up with that amount.

100 Million Dollar contract signed last year
    -21 Million Dollar Bonus

Are you telling me that the Redskins paid him 86 Million in 2 years? I've never heard such a large amount paid early into a contract.

I doubt very seriously his remainding balance on the contract is 16million.

Go Rams
    I think that by picking up the $21 million option they may have voided a large portion ofthe contract. that may have been part of the deal, so it wouldn't necessarily br paying $21 out of $100 million. And I got it from rotoworld, not sure where they got it from.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Sounds like a spoiled, ineffective headcase who would cost us millions!!! There's no way the Rams are gonna pick him up for 100 mil. Besides. Dorsey makes better sense cuz he's younger and cheaper, and the chiefs want to unload him too.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -04-07-2010 at 12:05 PM.

sakl18 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Sounds like a spoiled, ineffective headcase who would cost us millions!!! There's no way the Rams are gonna pick him up for 100 mil. Besides. Dorsey makes better sense cuz he's younger and cheaper, and the chiefs want to unload him too.
    Where have you heard that the Chiefs want to trade Dorsey?

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Careful with that idea, it is apparently the dumbest idea someone on this board has ever hears

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Here's a breakdown of Fat Albert's deal (per MSNBC Sports via Rotoworld)

2/27/2009: Signed a seven-year, $100 million contract. The deal contains $41 million guaranteed, including a $5 million signing bonus and his 2009-2011 base salaries. Haynesworth is due a $29 million "poison pill" in 2013, effectively making it a four-year, $48.2 million deal. Another $15 million is available through incentives. 2010: $3.6 million (+ $21 million guaranteed option bonus due 4/1), 2011: $5.4 million, 2012: $6.7 million (+ $500,000 workout bonus), 2013: $8.5 million (+ $20 million "discretionary signing bonus" + $500,000 roster bonus due 8/31 = Poison Pill Year), 2014: $10.3 million (+ $500,000 roster bonus due 8/31), 2015: $11.5 million (+ $500,000 roster bonus due 8/31), 2016: Free Agent

If this is accurate, esp the part about the $21 mill already having been paid on 4/1/10, it's a good news/bad news scenario to me. The good; he's relatively cheap for the next 3 years. The bad; don't you have to assume he's a real turd ( a Devaney description of the kind of player you don't want in terms of character/work ethic/teamwork chemistry wrecker) if The Skins want to dump him after paying out that kind of dough just a few days ago ?

I'd also be concerned that the wheels are about to come off that monster truck. He may only be 28 but he's going into his 9th year & has NEVER started or even been available for a full 16 games since his rookie year.

I also don't think folks are correct in thinking he's the penetrating-type versatile DT that Spags likes & is likely to be even more of a run clogger as he gets older. That was a pretty freakin' good DL he made his rep with on The Titans(Kearse,Vanden Bosch, the under-rated Brown) & I think they made him look like more of a QB-killer than he would be with The Rams. He ain't no Sapp, that's for sure.

On balance, I wouldn't want the Rams to give up more than a straight swap for Carriker and a late pick. Definitely not the deal suggested by the OP.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I am not too sure but I personally think we can get Haynesworth for cheap. Hes a great DT and a need here. He can make our defense one of the best, easily.

All you guys are picking on him because he got money and doesn't wanna play out of position. Face it, hes amazing and we sure could use him.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Nah, the Redskins do this kind of thing all the time. Haynesworth was a disappointment last year in part because he missed time due to injuries. On the other hand, Andre Smith and Orakpo had very good seasons, so it's entirely possible that Albert was contributing more than was obvious by drawing double teams. The big reason the Redskins would dump him is that there's not a good place to deploy a one gap tackle in a 3-4 alignment. If Andre and Orakpo line up as outside linebackers, they really need some two-gappers to man the front line.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I am not too sure but I personally think we can get Haynesworth for cheap. Hes a great DT and a need here. He can make our defense one of the best, easily.

All you guys are picking on him because he got money and doesn't wanna play out of position. Face it, hes amazing and we sure could use him.

If the guy is so amazing then why would the Redskins after spending all that cash want to trade him? Obviously it's not that simple and if you can not see the writting on the wall then your entitled to feel the way you want but why the hell do I care how much money he gets it means absolutely nada for me.

The guy reminds me of another REDSKINS big money free agent signing that most would consider a bust DO YOU REMEMBER HIM?

Big Daddy" Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    If the guy is so amazing then why would the Redskins after spending all that cash want to trade him? Obviously it's not that simple and if you can not see the writting on the wall then your entitled to feel the way you want but why the hell do I care how much money he gets it means absolutely nada for me.

The guy reminds me of another REDSKINS big money free agent signing that most would consider a bust DO YOU REMEMBER HIM?

Big Daddy" Wilkinson

They don't want to get rid of him. It makes no sense to; You payed him 21 million, you are going to obviously try to keep him.

He was injured all of last year, either missing games, or playing through injuries. And he wants to get traded because he prefers not to play Nose Tackle.

Its like asking Steven Jackson to play fullback. Im pretty sure he wouldn't want too either. Matter of fact, while he was being scouted out of high school, lots of big colleges wanted to grab him as a LB.

He obviously chose not too, and went to a smaller school and made the better decision. Anyway, my point is : if you practice doing something for 8 years, and your damn good at it, why change?

At nose tackle, all he will do is eat up space.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    They don't want to get rid of him. It makes no sense to; You payed him 21 million, you are going to obviously try to keep him.

He was injured all of last year, either missing games, or playing through injuries. And he wants to get traded because he prefers not to play Nose Tackle.

Its like asking Steven Jackson to play fullback. Im pretty sure he wouldn't want too either. Matter of fact, while he was being scouted out of high school, lots of big colleges wanted to grab him as a LB.

He obviously chose not too, and went to a smaller school and made the better decision. Anyway, my point is : if you practice doing something for 8 years, and your damn good at it, why change?

At nose tackle, all he will do is eat up space.
    I live in Maryland about 45 minutes from DC right in the heart of Redskins Nation and I can say BS to the injury card.

The guy came in fat and out of shape only played 65% of the plays because he got gassed and was carried out on a strether so his fat azz could rest and was back in 2 plays later.

And what do you mean try to keep him? He is a Redskin under contract there is no try and keep him. You should do a little homework on your buddy Haynesworth and believe me when you add up the pros and cons you will see alot more cons especially if you eliminate that 1 Big season he had during his contract year. You take that away and you have what???

Go Rams

You obviously do not want to trade or release him, or want him to demand any move.

And what do you mean you take away 1 year and what is he? He deserves whatever he has accomplished, don't give me that take away this and take away that.

I could say the same thing, take away this year ...and what? You accomplished nothing.

Anyway, im not gonna sit here and argue with you for days. You have your opinion, and I have myn. Personally I dont understand how you dont want a beast DT and a Pro-Bowler.

But whatever.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast