Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Albert haynesworth

You guys do remember spags is our head coach right. He knows how Defensive lineman work.

Obviously before any trade goes down spags will have a talk with Haynsworth and if he feels the guy is ready for a change of scenery then we pull the trigger.

Haynsworth just has that demeanor that he will just bullrush the entire O-line. Think about what he will open up for Chris Long. He can collapse the pocket.

And evenif you look at last year he had 4 sacks thats more than all the DTs we have this season

The reason he gave up on the redskins is because the playcalling was awful. Even the offensive playcalling was awful remember that play vs. the giants that they lined up in a punt formation then audible the entire team to the left (last year the redskins did not know what they were doing)

We have some strong leadership on Defense with spags and why wouldnt he want to play in a spags scheme?

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

[QUOTE=BarronWade;339883]You guys do remember spags is our head coach right. He knows how Defensive lineman work.

Obviously before any trade goes down spags will have a talk with Haynsworth and if he feels the guy is ready for a change of scenery then we pull the trigger.

Haynsworth just has that demeanor that he will just bullrush the entire O-line. Think about what he will open up for Chris Long. He can collapse the pocket.

And evenif you look at last year he had 4 sacks thats more than all the DTs we have this season

The reason he gave up on the redskins is because the playcalling was awful. Even the offensive playcalling was awful remember that play vs. the giants that they lined up in a punt formation then audible the entire team to the left (last year the redskins did not know what they were doing)

We have some strong leadership on Defense with spags and why wouldnt he want to play in a spags scheme?[/QUO

Exactly. This is something I forgot about. He would be a mastermind with a dt like that.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

What about Cliff Ryan? Would picking up Fat Albert require Ryan to move out of position. I don't know for sure if Albert is UT or NT, but if taking him in meant moving Ryan, I'd say no deal. Ryan has been playing extremely well and his stats last year prove it. He's much younger than AH and the sky is the limit as we keep moving forward.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    You obviously do not want to trade or release him, or want him to demand any move.

And what do you mean you take away 1 year and what is he? He deserves whatever he has accomplished, don't give me that take away this and take away that.

I could say the same thing, take away this year ...and what? You accomplished nothing.

Anyway, im not gonna sit here and argue with you for days. You have your opinion, and I have myn. Personally I dont understand how you dont want a beast DT and a Pro-Bowler.

But whatever.
    You want a good feel about the guy then go to any Redskin site and ask the fans what they think about Fat Albert. Your right you can have your opinion and all I was trying to do is give you some more insight as to the Player Albert Haynesworth since I hear about the guy almost everyday here in Sknis Nation. Not a fan of the Skins or most of the delusional fans who think they're entitled to win a champioship every year.

GO RAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    What about Cliff Ryan? Would picking up Fat Albert require Ryan to move out of position. I don't know for sure if Albert is UT or NT, but if taking him in meant moving Ryan, I'd say no deal. Ryan has been playing extremely well and his stats last year prove it. He's much younger than AH and the sky is the limit as we keep moving forward.
    Dude we run a 4-3 Defense and our style really doesnt have a UT or a NT.

We have a right DT and a Left DT. We will most likely line up Ryan next to Long on the left side and Haynsworth can play on the right side next to our RE.

Moving our DTs really doesnt have a huge impact on there play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    You want a good feel about the guy then go to any Redskin site and ask the fans what they think about Fat Albert. Your right you can have your opinion and all I was trying to do is give you some more insight as to the Player Albert Haynesworth since I hear about the guy almost everyday here in Sknis Nation. Not a fan of the Skins or most of the delusional fans who think they're entitled to win a champioship every year.

GO RAMS
    But Dominating D you know that of course Redskins fans will have a negative opinion on Fat Albert but thats because of there season. He gave up on the play calling. and what elite level player wouldn't there play calling was so bad last year that it made our Offensive playcalling look very good. Defensively Spags knows what he is doing so it is less likely that Fat Al would give up on us.

Also look at Alex Barron. Us in ClanRam hate the guy. But in reality he shows up vs. elite level competition. Remember last year how he shut down Jared Allen vs. the Vikings. Allen the week before had 4.5 sacks and 7 tackles. vs. Barron he had 2 tackles none for loss. His downfall is the penalties but he is a solid Tackle.

Exactly. Redskin fans are mad that Fat Albert didn't perform they way they expected.

Hes a solid DT and it doesn't matter about Cliff Ryan. Both can rotate in either DT position. Don't forget about Fred Robbins.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Dude we run a 4-3 Defense and our style really doesnt have a UT or a NT.

We have a right DT and a Left DT. We will most likely line up Ryan next to Long on the left side and Haynsworth can play on the right side next to our RE.

Moving our DTs really doesnt have a huge impact on there play.

But Dominating D you know that of course Redskins fans will have a negative opinion on Fat Albert but thats because of there season. He gave up on the play calling. and what elite level player wouldn't there play calling was so bad last year that it made our Offensive playcalling look very good. Defensively Spags knows what he is doing so it is less likely that Fat Al would give up on us.

Also look at Alex Barron. Us in ClanRam hate the guy. But in reality he shows up vs. elite level competition. Remember last year how he shut down Jared Allen vs. the Vikings. Allen the week before had 4.5 sacks and 7 tackles. vs. Barron he had 2 tackles none for loss. His downfall is the penalties but he is a solid Tackle.
    Barron is a good example. But the difference is that some of us realistic ram fans do not hate on Barron just frustrated about his mental game.

However, Fat Albert flaws are not his physical talent but his entitlement and motivation and most important the mental part.

If you do a pros and cons list you will be surprise how many cons you can come up with the guy so to me he is a Big time risk.

Go Rams

Barron is a good example. But the difference is that some of us realistic ram fans do not hate on Barron just frustrated about his mental game.

However, Fat Albert flaws are not his physical talent but his entitlement and motivation and most important the mental part.

If you do a pros and cons list you will be surprise how many cons you can come up with the guy so to me he is a Big time risk.

Go Rams
    oh really why dont you list all the cons

Also as much as i want him he wont come as cheap as most of us expect its probably going to take Carriker a 4th this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year. remember he had a good season for your average DT.

Albert has proven that he is a force to be reckoned with. He will upgrade our team with his presence.

You can say whatever you want about his attitude, but we all know that he wants to play his regular position.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Albert haynesworth

...is the best 4-3 DT in the game when healthy. He's a force in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Haynesworth is probably one of the top 4-3 defensive tackles in the league when healthy, but they can't afford to pay him that money to play out of position in a 3-4. Playing him at nose is a huge waste. The Redskins know it, and Haynesworth knows it. I think he'd be a tremendous addition if we could negotiate a trade involving players and/or mid-round picks.
    Agree with this. It would also be nice (health-permitting) to see Carriker have a chance to make something of himself. He's going to waste his career (imo) at 4-3 UT. As long as it were no more than AC and a 4th, or 3rd in next years draft, I'd be all over this.

We're 1-15 guys. The worst team in the league. Our run defense is awful. We aren't in a position to not at least try to land game-changing type talent because "I don't like him, he seems like a pain, has funny hair" b.s. That's sweet and all, but nobody cares. This game is about winning. (Don't believe me? Let's see what happens after another regression in the W/L column: it'll be a housecleaning/firsale -- "pillars" and all, at the dumpster) It aint a damn beauty pageant. It's football. And this guy improves the entirety of our defensive interior, instantly.

Last thing: Why did Carter and 'Sakpo' both manage double-digit sacks last year?

I'll give you but a single guess.

Wake up people.
    Go Rams

All I know is in Skins Nation they can not wait to rid of this guy.
    Go Rams
    Baloney. Sorry, but it is. He may be out of position in the 34, but only a moron couldn't see the impact he has on their defense. Stats will never tell the whole story for a tackle. (tho 4 sacks while at nose in a 34 is nothing to sneeze at) Redskin fans that know at least something about football wouldn't dream of just 'getting rid of' a guy like Haynesworth. Fans complaining because they had a crap season (welcome to St. Louis; make yourself comfortable) is one thing. But you said it best, most of them are delusional to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by #39 Fan View Post
    Baloney. Sorry, but it is. He may be out of position in the 34, but only a moron couldn't see the impact he has on their defense. Stats will never tell the whole story for a tackle. (tho 4 sacks while at nose in a 34 is nothing to sneeze at) Redskin fans that know at least something about football wouldn't dream of just 'getting rid of' a guy like Haynesworth. Fans complaining because they had a crap season (welcome to St. Louis; make yourself comfortable) is one thing. But you said it best, most of them are delusional to begin with.
    Okay yea he did make a nice impact on the redskins in there 4-3 but can he do the same in the 3-4?

The redskins signed kemoatu to play NT for them. The are going to move haynsworth the DE. That will not work. Haynsworth will push the LT to the side and then he has to run to his side to get the QB. He will not be successful in the 3-4. And he wont see double teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Okay yea he did make a nice impact on the redskins in there 4-3 but can he do the same in the 3-4?

The redskins signed kemoatu to play NT for them. The are going to move haynsworth the DE. That will not work. Haynsworth will push the LT to the side and then he has to run to his side to get the QB. He will not be successful in the 3-4. And he wont see double teams.

I agree that before wasting him and his salary at 34-end, they should send him to us on the cheap, for OUR 34 end.

I'm all for it. I also realize how much of a waste he would be at 34-end. But if Haynesworth isnt moved, he'll still be at the nose next season. You can count on that. He won't get to play at end for Washginton 'because he wants to'... trust me. Shanahan won't let that happen. He's not an idiot, nor a pushover.

And why should we care what he can do in the 3-4? I think I'm missing your general point

txramsfan is offline Registered User

He doesn't quite fit the "4 Pillars" approach but he also doesn't fit a 3-4

I'd enjoy seeing him in a ram uniform!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast