Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Albert haynesworth

Quote Originally Posted by #39 Fan View Post
    ...is the best 4-3 DT in the game when healthy. He's a force in the middle.

Agree with this. It would also be nice (health-permitting) to see Carriker have a chance to make something of himself. He's going to waste his career (imo) at 4-3 UT. As long as it were no more than AC and a 4th, or 3rd in next years draft, I'd be all over this.

We're 1-15 guys. The worst team in the league. Our run defense is awful. We aren't in a position to not at least try to land game-changing type talent because "I don't like him, he seems like a pain, has funny hair" b.s. That's sweet and all, but nobody cares. This game is about winning. (Don't believe me? Let's see what happens after another regression in the W/L column: it'll be a housecleaning/firsale -- "pillars" and all, at the dumpster) It aint a damn beauty pageant. It's football. And this guy improves the entirety of our defensive interior, instantly.

Last thing: Why did Carter and 'Sakpo' both manage double-digit sacks last year?

I'll give you but a single guess.

Wake up people.
    Go Rams
    Uh... Orakpo had 4 of his 11 vs OAK when Albert was out.Carter got a sack in the 2nd Philly game sans the big boy & had two in that feeding frenzy on poor Gradkowski.I'm not saying Haynesworth isn't an impactful player who helps free up other guys to make plays but both Orakpo and Carter-along with London & Rocky- played well without him ,too. It isn't that simple.

It may well be that Haynesworth's contract has made people exaggerate his attitude problems but there's enough smoke to concern me. It has nothing to do with wanting choirboys or aesthetics & everything to do with building team chemistry.When a coach like Shanahan has one meeting with a guy who is that talented & cost so much to acquire & immediately wants to get rid of him, I'm inclined to be alarmed.

That "when healthy' thing can't just be tossed in there like an afterthought,either.It is also a legit concern with history to back it up, not just bad press. He missed two divisional games in Nov last year that The Skins lost by a combined total of 4 points. Maybe that won't matter to the rebuilding Rams this coming season but I'm sure we all hope The Rams will be contending for at least the division in 2011. I don't want to be paying some 30 year old guy at the very least $5.4 in base salary to ride the pine in key games. And, as I posted earlier in this thread, it is typical of him over his career to miss numerous games. Oh, except for 2008 when he was playing to earn that bonanza contract, that is...

The NFL is not a beauty pageant but it isn't a just-for-fun fantasy league, either, where money & long term value can be completely ignored for short term benefit. If The Skins want some of that $21 mill bonus they just paid back as part of a trade deal, it has to be considered a major con. Or do you expect The Rams to pony that up, along with Carriker and a 3rd or 4th round pick next year, for a guy they will almost certainly not pay another enormous bonus to keep through the 2013 season when Fat Albert will be 31 and going into his 12th season? You're talking about a 3 year deal for somewhere between $15-35 million dollars ( his base salary for those 3 yrs + all or part of that bonus & not even considering whether he might trigger some of those mysterious incentives worth another $15 mill). And all on the interior DL where we have invested in Scott, Ryan, and Robbins recently.

If that's your idea of reality, I'll stay asleep, thanks. Wake me up when it's over.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Baloney. Sorry, but it is. He may be out of position in the 34, but only a moron couldn't see the impact he has on their defense. Stats will never tell the whole story for a tackle. (tho 4 sacks while at nose in a 34 is nothing to sneeze at) Redskin fans that know at least something about football wouldn't dream of just 'getting rid of' a guy like Haynesworth. Fans complaining because they had a crap season (welcome to St. Louis; make yourself comfortable) is one thing. But you said it best, most of them are delusional to begin with.
    I LIVE in the Heart of REDSKINS NATION and the Majority want Haynesworth gone and feel free to listen 980am one of Snyders station and believe me they spend alot of time laughing at Vinny and Danny Boy for signing FAT ALBERT. The Fans can not wait to see the guy go...

Exactly my point stats will never tell the whole story....But this MIGHT

Showing up at Camp WAY OUT OF SHAPE not injured and unmotivated and not willing to work out with the team and arguing and talking against your coach/team and STOMPING PlAYERS Heads when there defenseless and playing only 65% of plays cause your a FAT AZZ and not sticking up for your team during on field dispute game against Falcons...

You can choose to ignore all this and look at that one great year MR. Haynesworth had and decide he is worth the risk.

HOW DOES THAT BALONEY TASTE CAUSE EVERYTHING I SAID IS TRUE?.

sakl18 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    I LIVE in the Heart of REDSKINS NATION and the Majority want Haynesworth gone and feel free to listen 980am one of Snyders station and believe me they spend alot of time laughing at Vinny and Danny Boy for signing FAT ALBERT. The Fans can not wait to see the guy go...

Showing up at Camp WAY OUT OF SHAPE not injured and unmotivated and not willing to work out with the team and arguing and talking against your coach/team and STOMPING PlAYERS Heads when there defenseless and playing only 65% of plays cause your a FAT AZZ and not sticking up for your team during on field dispute game against Falcons...

You can choose to ignore all this and look at that one great year MR. Haynesworth had and decide he is worth the risk.

My question to you is: if he is such a cancer with all his problems, why are the Titans interested in re-aquiring him?

Quote Originally Posted by sakl18 View Post
    My question to you is: if he is such a cancer with all his problems, why are the Titans interested in re-aquiring him?

Can not answer I am not the Titans. But let me throw another question back at you why did the Eagle not pick him up when he was offered for McNabb?

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Uh... Orakpo had 4 of his 11 vs OAK when Albert was out.Carter got a sack in the 2nd Philly game sans the big boy & had two in that feeding frenzy on poor Gradkowski.I'm not saying Haynesworth isn't an impactful player who helps free up other guys to make plays but both Orakpo and Carter-along with London & Rocky- played well without him ,too. It isn't that simple.

It may well be that Haynesworth's contract has made people exaggerate his attitude problems but there's enough smoke to concern me. It has nothing to do with wanting choirboys or aesthetics & everything to do with building team chemistry.When a coach like Shanahan has one meeting with a guy who is that talented & cost so much to acquire & immediately wants to get rid of him, I'm inclined to be alarmed.

That "when healthy' thing can't just be tossed in there like an afterthought,either.It is also a legit concern with history to back it up, not just bad press. He missed two divisional games in Nov last year that The Skins lost by a combined total of 4 points. Maybe that won't matter to the rebuilding Rams this coming season but I'm sure we all hope The Rams will be contending for at least the division in 2011. I don't want to be paying some 30 year old guy at the very least $5.4 in base salary to ride the pine in key games. And, as I posted earlier in this thread, it is typical of him over his career to miss numerous games. Oh, except for 2008 when he was playing to earn that bonanza contract, that is...

The NFL is not a beauty pageant but it isn't a just-for-fun fantasy league, either, where money & long term value can be completely ignored for short term benefit. If The Skins want some of that $21 mill bonus they just paid back as part of a trade deal, it has to be considered a major con. Or do you expect The Rams to pony that up, along with Carriker and a 3rd or 4th round pick next year, for a guy they will almost certainly not pay another enormous bonus to keep through the 2013 season when Fat Albert will be 31 and going into his 12th season? You're talking about a 3 year deal for somewhere between $15-35 million dollars ( his base salary for those 3 yrs + all or part of that bonus & not even considering whether he might trigger some of those mysterious incentives worth another $15 mill). And all on the interior DL where we have invested in Scott, Ryan, and Robbins recently.

If that's your idea of reality, I'll stay asleep, thanks. Wake me up when it's over.

Uh....? lol.

Yes, I was aware of that. Watched the entirety of that contest... That changes my point absolutely zero.

I also said nothing about risking or tossing out long-term value, but I also am a believer in trying to compete NOW, always, while building for the future.... Perhaps you should re-read my post. We can keep finishing in the bottom-5 and handing all that jack to Rooks that have never played in the NFL before... (genius idea) but it isnt going to ever make us a contender. We may compete here and there, we will never content. When you're as devoid in talent as the Rams are, your only choice is to make bold moves, and take advantages of trade opportunities (already tough enough to get Free Agents in the building when you syphon as hard as we have of late). Playing it safe, is for the birds.

I take it you would rather throw that 5.4mil per year, (plus another couple) at someone who has never played a down in the NFL. but are against paying that for someone who is an all-pro. Makes sense. If that is the case... then I agree, you should probably stay asleep.
    Last edited by #39 Fan; -04-09-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Albert haynesworth

lmfao. I had too much fun laughing at your post, to not comment in some form. Jolly good stuff, sir.

Skinsfan Chronology:

Skins overpays for Haynesworth to acquire his services. Skinsfan defends to the death the ridiculousness of it, and the 21-million bonus up front. Skinsfan brags to other fans about their deep-pocketed front office, and their drunken spending. Skinsfan doesn't mind Haynesworth training on his own in the offseason. Skinsfan knows his team is perfect.

Skinsfan proclaims themselves Division Champs in September. Skinsfan then see s#$&fest that their offense has become. Skinsfan realizes some of that jack could've been spent on the OL. Skinsfan starts to realize what a boob they are, and look like to everyone. Skinsfan uses Tenessee headstomp to show bad "Fat Albert" iz. Skinsfan wants 'Fat Albert' gone. OMGZ liek noewz.

On a serious note, sorry to hear you 'LIVE in the Heart of REDSKINS NATION'... Man. That really sucks...

sakl18 is offline Registered User

Can not answer I am not the Titans. But let me throw another question back at you why did the Eagle not pick him up when he was offered for McNabb?
    1) The Redskins had not yet payed the $21 million roster bonus, and the Eagles had no intentions of picking that up

2) The Eagles already have 2 solid defensive tackles in Bunkely and Patterson, so why add Haynesworth and have one of them sit the bench? It would be wasted salary and talent.

lmfao. I had too much fun laughing at your post, to not comment in some form. Jolly good stuff, sir.

Skinsfan Chronology:

Skins overpays for Haynesworth to acquire his services. Skinsfan defends to the death the ridiculousness of it, and the 21-million bonus up front. Skinsfan brags to other fans about their deep-pocketed front office, and their drunken spending. Skinsfan doesn't mind Haynesworth training on his own in the offseason. Skinsfan knows his team is perfect.

Skinsfan proclaims themselves Division Champs in September. Skinsfan then see s#$&fest that their offense has become. Skinsfan realizes some of that jack could've been spent on the OL. Skinsfan starts to realize what a boob they are, and look like to everyone. Skinsfan uses Tenessee headstomp to show bad "Fat Albert" iz. Skinsfan wants 'Fat Albert' gone. OMGZ liek noewz.

On a serious note, sorry to hear you 'LIVE in the Heart of REDSKINS NATION'... Man. That really sucks...

Yeah,much rather live in Vegas.

GO RAMS

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Uh....? lol.

Yes, I was aware of that. Watched the entirety of that contest... That changes my point absolutely zero.

I also said nothing about risking or tossing out long-term value, but I also am a believer in trying to compete NOW, always, while building for the future.... Perhaps you should re-read my post. We can keep finishing in the bottom-5 and handing all that jack to Rooks that have never played in the NFL before... (genius idea) but it isnt going to ever make us a contender. We may compete here and there, we will never content. When you're as devoid in talent as the Rams are, your only choice is to make bold moves, and take advantages of trade opportunities (already tough enough to get Free Agents in the building when you syphon as hard as we have of late). Playing it safe, is for the birds.

I take it you would rather throw that 5.4mil per year, (plus another couple) at someone who has never played a down in the NFL. but are against paying that for someone who is an all-pro. Makes sense. If that is the case... then I agree, you should probably stay asleep.

You clearly implied that Haynesworth was the the obvious reason Orakpo & Carter had double-digit sack stats last year. I proved you irrefutably wrong with simple indisputable facts.

I totally agree that established FAs are worth looking at & paying IF they make sense.And that rookie contracts are out of control. But we are talking about one specific guy here & there ARE some legit concerns that outweigh his likely productivity at that price point,imo. I've explained why I think so & provided facts & numbers. You choose to ignore the arguments for which you have no substantial answers & substitute some vague talk about being bold rather than playing it safe. I think there's a difference between bold & rash that we don't agree on. And between safe & smart.

To each his own.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Let me put it this way

Last year Chris Long had 5 well earned well fought out sacks. Now what if we put him on the left side. And look who is in the middle Haynsworth.

Look at it this way half the games we play are agaist our division lets look at the divisions Left Guards

***** - David Bass 6-4 330 pounds
    Cards - Reggie Wells 6-3 312 pounds
    Hawks - Max Unger 6-5 309 pounds (starting Center there LG was traded)

Now look at Fat Albert 6-6 350 pounds.

He will take on double teams!!!! He is way bigger than any LG in our division. This leaves Chris Long 1 vs. 1 against the opposing teams RT. Look at the RTs in our division.

Hawks - Ray Willis 6-6 315 ( average Tackle at best)
    ***** - Adam Synder 6-6 325 (horrible vs. speed off the edge)
    Cards - Levi Brown 6-5 325 pounds ( supposed to be great but just a scrub)

THis trade will help Chris long soooooooo much.

^ someone gets it.

I'm still in favor of this move, at the right price. Would be great added value both in terms of run stuffing/blowing up plays/collapsing the pocket/, and of course pressuring the QB from the interior. Let alone freeing up ends and rush lbs.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

I love everything about Albert.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345