39thebeast is offline Registered User

Aldon Smith Tape

Here's some video of Aldon smith getting it done against Nate Solder a 1st round OT and others. When this guy lines up on the inside guards just can't handle him. He is more than a speed rusher he has a good array of moves is pretty strong and plays disciplined for the most part. One thing he could work on is keeping contain when he is rushing the pass rusher. He likes the inside move and as a result sometimes the QB gets loose and gets to the sidelines.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Aldon Smith Tape

Not bad, just from observing seems like in pure pass plays and he can just pin them ears back and straight pass rush he is fast and able to shed blocks from getting off the snap quickly. Only thing I see like you said 39 is keeping contain and on non-pass plays to break down a little so he doesnt get beat/juked just speed rushing like I seen a handful of times.

I think there is about a 65% chance this is the guy we are going to draft.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -04-10-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Wow he really does like that inside move, eh? He seems like the type Spags would like, with the ability to play inside on passing downs.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Love the tape, but I'm a little concerned about him taking consideration with the Texans at #11. Lets hope the Texans are aware of what usually happens when you try to convert a 4-3 DE into a 3-4 OLB like what we did with Carriker but I wouldn't get too upset if he's gone there. We can always get go for Liuget for a dominant D-line or Pouncey to give Jackson and our backups a nice push downfield.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think he got better as the game went on in the first tape. Looks to me like he made some poor reads and was out of position a little bit lining up at end in the early parts of the game. Still, some of those inside moves were just great, but I'd like to think NFL O-Linemen would have seen them before. His versatility is a big plus: his ability to drop back in a zone and to play inside and out is a big plus in a Spagnuolo defense.

TekeRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I think he got better as the game went on in the first tape. Looks to me like he made some poor reads and was out of position a little bit lining up at end in the early parts of the game. Still, some of those inside moves were just great, but I'd like to think NFL O-Linemen would have seen them before. His versatility is a big plus: his ability to drop back in a zone and to play inside and out is a big plus in a Spagnuolo defense.
    NFL Offensive linemen know that Dwight Freeney's going to spin move them into looking like a fool, but it doesn't stop him from doing it. In college, it's perfectly fine for a player to have one move that he can do over and over again that works. A first rounder like Smith has such an athletic ability over his peers at that level that he can get away with it. What will separate him from the Vernon Gholstons will be his work ethic and his desire to learn the game. Dwight Freeney is very small, and could easily be mauled out of this league. So he works on his quickness and his balance, and then he works endlessly on his mind game. He sets up the tackle by going one way, and then the same way, and then the same way again. Just when the tackle assumes that he'll go that way again, he spin moves him out of his shoes and sacks the QB. Smith just has to get his mind game going, and learn other moves from Hall and Long and drill them until they become subconcsious.
    I believe!

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Im not overly sold on this kid. He looks a little awkward sometimes, personally prefer Luiget?

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

does want, can has?