Thread: Alex Mack

zingers16 is offline Registered User

Alex Mack

I know its still way to early to judge but do you guys think alex mack will fall to us in round 2? I believe the Rams will take either Smith or Oher (probably Smith) in the first round and if mack falls to us in 2 that could answer a lot of problems on the line.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Alex Mack

I think as of right now, it's certainly possible. And it's hard to believe Mack wouldn't be one of the best players available for our pick if that was the case.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

If he is there, we need to grab him! He's going to be a good center in the NFL and I would hate to see us pass on him.

Of course, that is if the best player available isn't a strong safety and or a middle linebacker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

I gotta say a draft starting off with Smith/Oher and Mack would look good in my eyes. Also that would really help out with our Oline troubles

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

If he's the BPA at a position of need I'd have no problem pulling the trigger. I think that kind of solidity along the OL would do wonders for our offense. I still think we need to pick up a SS, LB, DT and virtually any position on defense could use depth or an upgrade.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

If Mack or Unger are available when we pick for the second round, we shouldn't hesitate to pick them. But if they are gone, not to fret, Johnathan Luigs and Antoine Caldwell are both capable centers, and they will likely be available in the third round. Then we can use our second round pick on a guard, safety, or possibly a receiver, though I don't think we should go with another receiver in the second round, because we have many needs.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

It's possible, but every year there seems to be a late first round run on O-Linemen. Good teams doing what good teams do. Drafting to secure the trenches.

If he's there he'd be among the best selections for us. He's probably the best thing since Mangold a few years ago.

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    If Mack or Unger are available when we pick for the second round, we shouldn't hesitate to pick them. But if they are gone, not to fret, Johnathan Luigs and Antoine Caldwell are both capable centers, and they will likely be available in the third round. Then we can use our second round pick on a guard, safety, or possibly a receiver, though I don't think we should go with another receiver in the second round, because we have many needs.

I really don't want us to spend another pick on a guard this year. We got two (including a third rounder) last draft and I believe that with an upgrade at tackle and center then Bell and Cogs can get the job done. Fingers crossed that Setterstrom can recover to give more competition. We have more pressing needs in my opinion.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SWFCRAM View Post
    I really don't want us to spend another pick on a guard this year. We got two (including a third rounder) last draft and I believe that with an upgrade at tackle and center then Bell and Cogs can get the job done. Fingers crossed that Setterstrom can recover to give more competition. We have more pressing needs in my opinion.

I'm not sastified with our interior blocking. With a new center, Cogs and Bell MAY perform better, but there is no guarantee. Bell has shown he can't hold his block against the bigger, bull rushing defensive tackles, and Richie's blocking is just average, and then we have to factor in his attitude.

I agree that Greco has shown some promise, and with Setterstrom coming back, our guard position may have more competition. But there is no gaurantee that Setterstrom won't get injured again, for the third year in a row.

I still think we should try to get Herman Johnson, (LSU guard). He is a MASSIVE guy, 340 lbs, and with him at the right guard position, besides Smith and a new center, then our line will be a dominant force of our football team.

Pace is still a steady blocker, injury prone though. Greco has shown he can block decently at the left guard. So when it's all said and done, I would hope our line would look like:

Pace - Greco - Rookie - Johnson - Smith

Setterstrom would make a fine rotational or backup player to Greco and our center. Incognito would be the depth at right guard. Bell would also be rotated in and out.

keith m. klink Guest

that just didn't make sense to me Pace ( injury prone ) and then Greco a 2nd year guy with 3 ROOKIES , and forget we just paid BELL a long and large contract . you should put down what we have and then really think the draft over a bit.

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

Rockinram,

As I said before, I agree that the o-line is a priority. A lot depends on which free agents we manage to sign obviously, but as Keith M Klink says, starting the year with three rookies and a guard that has only started one game doesn't make sense to me. I just think the current guards will see us past the next season and we can begin to build a defence that can stop the run.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    It's possible, but every year there seems to be a late first round run on O-Linemen. Good teams doing what good teams do. Drafting to secure the trenches.

Agreed. Teams also go along with trends, so I could see a lot of teams grabbing o-lineman later in the first round.