Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nick

Thread: All-Ram Mock Draft

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

All-Ram Mock Draft

Here she goes!

1.2 - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn: He is an elite prospect. Robinson is dominant and if groomed properly can become one of the best players in the league. We should feel very confident with Fisher's and Bou's pedigrees.

1.13 - TRADE! We trade back from #13 here to Clevelands #26 and also receive a 2nd rounder (2014) and a 3rd rounder (2015).

1.26 - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota: Hageman can be an absolute beast. He is downright dominant at times and others trails away. He needs to be more consistent. Fisher and Waufle love big DT's and Hageman can step right in and battle Langford for a starting spot.

2 - Kyle Fuller, CB, VATech: I feel like Fuller is garnering much more interest in NFL circles than the outside world. Fuller has great technique and has everything you want in a shutdown CB. He is going to be one hell of a steal.

2 - Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU: Van Noy is an excellent and very versatile player. He is good in all 3 aspects of the game: Run stop, coverage, and blitzing. He isn't amazing at anything but he offers a piece Williams can work with and completes the front 7.

3 - Terrence Brooks, FS, FSU: Brooks is one of my favourite players of this draft. He is a very rangy player at FS who has good speed and can cover TE's and HB's 1on1. He is an excellent coverage Safety. He has plenty experience as a single high FS.

4 - Trai Turner, OG, LSU: Another one of my favourite prospects Turner would be an excellent choice here. He is a guy you can plug and play from day 1. He's got some toughness. He has excellent movement ability and can get to the second level quickly.

5 - David Fales, QB, SJSU: Fales is an excellent developmental prospect. He can come in and sit behind Hill and Bradford for a year and get accustomed to the NFL. He has good accuracy and is a smart guy.

**- Trade! We package two seventh round picks and this 6th rounder for a late 5th to the Broncos.

5 - Josh Huff, WR, Oregon: Huff is an electric player. He isn't big but he has natural hands, great body control, and very deceptive speed. He could be a nice option here.

THE DREAM TEAM

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: All-Ram Mock Draft

Nice job. I don't know if your trade compensation is consistent with the trade value chart. It seems a first round pick should be worth more than a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. Remember the value drops in half when go out a year.

As for the draft, you've checked all the boxes as it relates to our needs, although I think we may select a WR earlier than the 5th round. You also get extra credit for choosing 2 Kyles. HAHAHA.

I do like Van Noy, Brooks and Turner very much so I hope you're right. Although Van Noy is thought to be a 3-4 backer. As you say Fuller is gaining steam, so he's not likely to be there in round 2, especially since the love for Dennard at CB is starting to wane. I have been reading about Bryn Renner QB out of North Carolina whose injury seems to have healed. He's got 4 very solid years at a big school and he's a coach's kid. I like the stats and the background. Someone to consider.

Good job, Go Rams!

citr92 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Nice job. I don't know if your trade compensation is consistent with the trade value chart. It seems a first round pick should be worth more than a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. Remember the value drops in half when go out a year.

As for the draft, you've checked all the boxes as it relates to our needs, although I think we may select a WR earlier than the 5th round. You also get extra credit for choosing 2 Kyles. HAHAHA.

I do like Van Noy, Brooks and Turner very much so I hope you're right. Although Van Noy is thought to be a 3-4 backer. As you say Fuller is gaining steam, so he's not likely to be there in round 2, especially since the love for Dennard at CB is starting to wane. I have been reading about Bryn Renner QB out of North Carolina whose injury seems to have healed. He's got 4 very solid years at a big school and he's a coach's kid. I like the stats and the background. Someone to consider.

Good job, Go Rams!
    i'm a renner fan now

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

I'm not a huge fan of this mock draft. I do like the picks of Brooks and Fuller in the middle rounds but do not like the first round choices. I'm on the Matthews side of the OT debate and I would be surprised and pretty upset if the Rams traded back 13 spots to 26 and drafted a player to fortify the best unit on the team rather than pick a definite starter in the secondary.

I think Van Noy would be a pretty bad fit for the system and there are definitely greater needs and player values in the second round (but I could be dead wrong). I just read about Trai Turner and NFL.com has him projected in rounds 2-3 so I would be pleased about taking him later.

I do also enjoy the picks of Fales and Huff but only care for 1.5 of the first 4 picks and think there are better options in the first two days of the draft. Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinions and mock draft and I could be way off in my ideas but I would prefer a different start of the Rams draft.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Robinson is a good pick, not much else to say there.

Switch Hageman and Fuller and the values for both of those guys are more appropriate for where I think they should go. To me, Fuller doesn't escape the first, whereas there's a good chance Hageman falls to the second round.

Van Noy is interesting; I could see that happening.

I don't think Brooks lasts to the third, and I don't see a Day 3 receiver making the roster over what we have now, to be honest. I like Turner if he's there, though, and has Fales in my last mock so thumbs up on that one, too.
    MauiRam likes this.

chiguy is offline Registered User

We need a DT and OLB about as much as I need a third leg. And a seventh round WR has no chance of being on the roster unless you find the next Colston. I appreciate what you're doing here, but this does not excite me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    We need a DT and OLB about as much as I need a third leg. And a seventh round WR has no chance of being on the roster unless you find the next Colston. I appreciate what you're doing here, but this does not excite me at all.
    Not true at all. Van Noy immediately steps in and starts, and Hageman can unload Langford's contract. I don't care for drafting for needs so much, I would rather go with a BPA approach which has proven time and time again that it works.

And Huff is being taken in the 5th round, not 7th.

THE DREAM TEAM

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Not true at all. Van Noy immediately steps in and starts, and Hageman can unload Langford's contract. I don't care for drafting for needs so much, I would rather go with a BPA approach which has proven time and time again that it works.

And Huff is being taken in the 5th round, not 7th.
    Its not clear that the Rams want or need to unrolled Langford and the 'immediate' starter is at OLB position that isn't on the field half the time (unless you think Ogletree is going to sit). It its not about positional drafting, there are good players in those areas that are ALSO bigger areas of need. Moses or the guard from Stanford, for example, can be had around where Hagegam is slotted. Your draft ignores talent and position, leaving us with the deepest defense in the division with players who aren't on the field most of the team.

And so I got the round wrong on Huff. He still isn't going to do much to improve the team. That is a great round to get a backup RB, which is arguably also more important to the roster right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Its not clear that the Rams want or need to unrolled Langford and the 'immediate' starter is at OLB position that isn't on the field half the time (unless you think Ogletree is going to sit). It its not about positional drafting, there are good players in those areas that are ALSO bigger areas of need. Moses or the guard from Stanford, for example, can be had around where Hagegam is slotted. Your draft ignores talent and position, leaving us with the deepest defense in the division with players who aren't on the field most of the team.

And so I got the round wrong on Huff. He still isn't going to do much to improve the team. That is a great round to get a backup RB, which is arguably also more important to the roster right now.
    The reason I slotted Hageman there is because I like him as a prospect, even if DT isn't an immediate need... I don't like Morgan Moses at that spot and David Yankey I don't want to touch at all, to me he's a total bust.

Plus, if the Rams weren't interested in adding a later round WR they wouldn't have had Bruce Ellington and Josh Huff visit Rams Park...

THE DREAM TEAM