throwback week

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

An Alternative Philly Trade Proposal

Silly Eagles, you tried to sell us the wrong QB. What was lost in the McNabb hubbub is that Philly said all of their QBs were available and on the trading block. Now, whilst many were unhappy with a possible McNabb trade, how would this sound?

Eagles get: Rams 2nd Rounder (#33)
    O.J. Atogwe
    Rams get: Kevin Kolb.

Kolb is much younger, talented, has been trained and groomed in the Philly offense for his career, and would presumably have diminished contract expectations at this point. Atogwe is tossed in on the assumption that if we are having extensive trouble getting him to sign a contract, we might as well get something for him.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: An Alternative Philly Trade Proposal

I prefer Bradford. Besides, Kolb is the future of the Eagles.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Im a Bradford guy ,but Suh then would be our 1rst pick.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

I wouldn't like that because I don't want to see Atogwe go but Kolb would be a better grab than McNabb. Kolb seems to be the Eagles QB of the future, though.

I would like more realistically if the Rams and Eagles swapped picks in the second round (#33 and #55) for McNabb

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I prefer Bradford. Besides, Kolb is the future of the Eagles.
    He's still on the Block according to the Eagles, though.

Say what you will about Bradford, but Kolb can step in and lead this team from Day 1 for the better part of a decade without any learning curve. All I here is that we're sick of losing. This speeds up the process of stopping the losses. It's like trading for Aaron Rodgers just prior to 2009 or Drew Brees right before he got good.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Drew brees was a starter for the Chargers and was good, it was the shoulder that messed him up, it would be like trading for philip rivers

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Drafting Bradford is going to be a HUGE mistake!!! If we don't get Suh I'm sorry we aren't going anywhere any time soon. I will not buy the NFL ticket in 2010, I would be wasting my money.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I like the idea of getting Kolb, though it puts one hole on the ship, it fixes two i.e. getting both Suh and Kolb but then again, I'd like us to get the 33rd pick so it's really hard to decide.

SJacks039 Guest

Giving up atogwe in this deal(if we even sign him back) would be an awfully high price for kolb or mcnabb and i would hope we're smart enough not to do either. I really would like to have either of those guys(or any of the three philly qbs). I would give a 2nd for mcnabb, i'd rather give up a 3rd for kolb,but you could justify our 2nd rounder. For vick i'd hope we would only give up like a 5th maybe a 4th. I like the idea of getting one of these qb's better than drafting bradford.

I wana be like the ravens with a defense year in and year out. We have some pieces with atogwe(of were not dumb enough to give him away), Laurenitaus, long,bartell,and then add suh and we have a young core that can grow together. That would be really exciting.
    And i feel like with bradford we're just taking a shot in the dark. If he doesn't work out, we have to pay him and that will set us back years(hmm didn;t we just do this with bulger?lets try somethin else.). Obviously i feel like suh is a can't miss. And if we got mcnabb(whos much better at finding his way around an nfl pocket than bulger or bradford), we might be able to sustain some drives do some damage and win this frickin division. (Sorry for being so optomistic)

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Silly Eagles, you tried to sell us the wrong QB. What was lost in the McNabb hubbub is that Philly said all of their QBs were available and on the trading block. Now, whilst many were unhappy with a possible McNabb trade, how would this sound?

Eagles get: Rams 2nd Rounder (#33)
    O.J. Atogwe
    Rams get: Kevin Kolb.

Kolb is much younger, talented, has been trained and groomed in the Philly offense for his career, and would presumably have diminished contract expectations at this point. Atogwe is tossed in on the assumption that if we are having extensive trouble getting him to sign a contract, we might as well get something for him.
    Andy and the org. seems to be sweet on Kolb and do not want to move him, but I'd still rather have him or Don over Bradford.

jkramsfan Guest

although the Eagles say all 3 QB's are on the block,I really don't think they want to part with Kolb,if they did I would jump at that deal, but that wouldn't make much sense for them,they can keep McNabb and Vick is not worthy of giving up that much, so it's Kolb and if not looks like Bradford will be the guy on draft day.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Andy and the org. seems to be sweet on Kolb and do not want to move him, but I'd still rather have him or Don over Bradford.
    Actually, if Reid is bosom buddies with any of his QBs, its McNabb.