Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    richtree is offline Registered User

Re: Am I the only one rooting for the Rams to win?

Quote Originally Posted by timsum1283 View Post
    Please say no.

I understand that Suh is one of the best prospects in the past 10 years and i really hope beyond all doubt that Suh becomes a Ram. Still, as a Rams fan and moreover a sports fan, I can't root for my favorite team to lose. I remember my friends were all rooting for the Jets to lose way back when so they could draft Reggie Bush. I can't do that.

So here's to the Rams beating the Texans, Cardinals, and sure as hell beating the ***** in the next 3 weeks. I'm rooting for the Rams to win out and the bucs, browns, and whoever else to do the same.

I know it's basically impossible to win out and get Suh but I'm still rooting hard. Go Rams.

I are saying we are losing games because the fans aren't rooting hard enough? lol?

Simply said, we have didn't have good personell to start, then an insanely tough schedule for a 2 win team, then the injury bug, then swine flu, and all that with a new coach and new management.

I think we are just rooting for the Rams to be better -- > then good. Its not happening this year, so all we have to cheer about is the off season and next year.

Heck, it seems like we are losing starters every week but I respect our fight.

I will be rooting for a win, like I do every week, but the excitment of improving next year is great because we do have hope, thanks to Spags, going forward

Damned Ramz is offline Registered User

I'm hoping we win out so we dont have to spend a lot of $$ on another top 3 pick...chris long, jason smith and another top 3? thats a lot of money for three players. Slip into the 8-10 range and take a discounted sam bradford (shoulder not being an issue).

shroomysoup is offline Registered User

I'm hoping the Rams play a competitive game for the rest of the season, but they need to lose while doing so.

gumbercules is offline Registered User

As a Colt fan, I went through what you guys are going through back in '97. Once the Colts had lost enough games to put them out of playoff contention I reluctantly rooted for them to lose (moreso for the other bad teams to win), with the prize being Peyton Manning (I thought there was no way they could take Leaf when he started to gain hype).

All I looked for in the second half of the season was improvement from the young players (Tarik Glenn, Adam Meadows, Marvin Harrison, etc.) and the Colts going down with a fight.

Leading into the last week of the season the Cards held the #1 spot in the draft. They defeated the Vikings in what was a meaningless game for them (unless you think it established Jake Plummer) in the last game of the season giving the Colts the top spot.

I'm was happy then and I'm still happy now with how it played out.

I know it's not 100% set in stone the Suh will be a gamechanger before he plays a down in the NFL (like any player drafted), but I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to lock in that top pick. I think they're just as much a fan as anyone (just with more of an eye towards the future and not as much the present).

poejoe8 is offline Registered User

If the Rams win, the Bucs lose and Suh ends up being a HOF'er that leads Tampa Bay to multiple championships...I probably would look back and wish the Rams had lost (with no regret) and got the first pick. Of course, it's all hypothetical at this point.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by poejoe8 View Post
    If the Rams win, the Bucs lose and Suh ends up being a HOF'er that leads Tampa Bay to multiple championships...I probably would look back and wish the Rams had lost (with no regret) and got the first pick. Of course, it's all hypothetical at this point.
    You can see the future? Can i get the Fantasy 5 numbers for florida?

poejoe8 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    You can see the future? Can i get the Fantasy 5 numbers for florida?
    No, that's why I qualified the statement by saying it was hypothetical.

The Rammer is offline Registered User

I can't hold my head up in town if I root against the Rams. It's all about victories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12