Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hemet/San Diego CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    31

    Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    Numbers don't lie. Ya he had a solid year his junior year but he was surrounded by an all-pro NFL calubur o-line. He is a little light and doesn't take hits too well. SHoulder issues and all I feel he is not the best player for our team in the draft.

    Is Bradford that much better than Clausen if Jimmy slips or Pike or McCOy even? I do not think the talent range is that far between these players.

    Suh is the player you have to take based off our BPA need. The team needs players now not a QB that will make mistakes his first couple of years especially since we do not have the talent driven offenses that the falcons and the jets have had for Ryan and Sanchez.


  2. #2
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    No youre not and you must not have seen many of my posts lately about him just being the best qb in an average qb draft class.
    Just Fix It

  3. #3
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,630
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    I'm not sold on him either. Now, if somehow we can get him in the 3rd round or later....yeah, I'd take him.

  4. #4
    harrydog's Avatar
    harrydog is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    I think there are actually quite a few people here who aren't sold on him, at least not enough for him to be selected first overall.

  5. #5
    Ram Mar Ram's Avatar
    Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Apia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    I tend to agree, for a #1 pick, Bradford isn't that spectacular and far from a sure bet to succeed in the NFL. With the Veterans available around the league, its not our biggest need. Bradford would get hammered if we threw him in.

    Suh is as sure a bet your going to get in the draft. Pick him or trade the pick.

  6. #6
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Numbers don't lie. Ya he had a solid year his junior year but he was surrounded by an all-pro NFL calubur o-line. He is a little light and doesn't take hits too well. SHoulder issues and all I feel he is not the best player for our team in the draft.

    Is Bradford that much better than Clausen if Jimmy slips or Pike or McCOy even? I do not think the talent range is that far between these players.
    I think he really is a cut above the others in this class as an NFL prospect. OU hasn't had much of a running game since Adrian Peterson left, and their defense wasn't going to win any games for them. He did have a good line and good receivers, but OU was hardly the only team stocked with talent on offense and nobody was putting up points like they were. I mean they put up 35 points in their lowest scoring regular season game of 2008.

    I don't know if he's worth the top overall pick, but if he came out last year, I would not have been surprised if he was the first quarterback taken.


    Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Suh is the player you have to take based off our BPA need. The team needs players now not a QB that will make mistakes his first couple of years especially since we do not have the talent driven offenses that the falcons and the jets have had for Ryan and Sanchez.
    The Falcons won 4 games the season before they got Ryan. I wouldn't exactly argue that they were a "talent-driven" team at the time.

  7. #7
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,122
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Numbers don't lie. Ya he had a solid year his junior year but he was surrounded by an all-pro NFL calubur o-line. He is a little light and doesn't take hits too well. SHoulder issues and all I feel he is not the best player for our team in the draft.

    Is Bradford that much better than Clausen if Jimmy slips or Pike or McCOy even? I do not think the talent range is that far between these players.

    Suh is the player you have to take based off our BPA need. The team needs players now not a QB that will make mistakes his first couple of years especially since we do not have the talent driven offenses that the falcons and the jets have had for Ryan and Sanchez.

    THANK GOD ! someone said it first. I really don't think Bradford is a top 10 pick. I now people with think I am crazy or just trying to be controversial but I really think Clausen and Pike are the 2 best.

    I feel if either of them were at OU they would have dominated as well.

    BUT! if you put Bradford and Cinncinati, I don't see him carrying a team on his shoulders.

    Clausen is the most NFL ready. He is a Drew Brees type and I think he may be better than Mark Sanchez right now and Sanchez is an NFL QB with a weak arm.

    I think there are 3 tiers as well and Pike and Clausen are the only tier one QB's in my book.

    If we want a guy to throw five yard passes without mobility, could keep Bulger. Not too mention with a growing offensive line it would be nice to have a guy with quick feat in the pocket with some toughness.

    Bradford reminds me a lot of Matt Leinart, in a righty.

    His career is similar and both are soft guys that are products of their system.

    No way am I putting the most money of a rebuilding franchise into a QB without a big arm, questionable toughness, and injury issues all because he is accurate.

    I really think his pro day is more of a justification of why not to take him, then why to take him.

    Also think LeFevour should be ranked 9th or 10th of all QB's.

  8. #8
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    Rich, we'll just have to disagree here, BIG TIME.

    Pike in tier 1? REALLY?!

    Bradford is plenty more mobile then Bulger, Pike, and definetely Clausen.

    To say Bradford isn't tough because he fell wrong isn't fair at all honestly. You don't see the hits he took and got up form them because that's it, he got up from them. The guy is unflappable with pressure in his face and if you watch the tape, his arm is plenty strong enough. I've seen him throw 40-50 yarders on a rope (with zip).

    Dunno where you got the Matt Leinart stuff from. Beause they were both succesful? Isn't that good that Bradford put up insane numbers in college? Bradford WAS oklahoma and when he went down, that whole team went down with him and ended up unranked. QBs aren't a dime a dozen like RBs are. You need a guy who can get it done and Bradford can get it done.

    How isn't Bradford NFL ready? He's taken plenty of snaps under center in practice and 30 percent or more snaps under center in games. He's smart and knows how to read a defense. Accurate as ever and arm is plenty strong. I'm not so sold on the "Clausen is more NFL ready" bit at all.

    6'4 236, I'd hardly call that light. As far as can't take hits well, people only see that shoulder injury and never the multitude of abuse he took and got up from before he fell awkwardly on the shoulder...

    I think people pick apart Bradford because of how badly they want the Rams to draft Suh.


    If we come out with Bradford or Suh. I'll still be one happy camper.





    I think Bradford has all the tools you want as well as the intangibles and the only thing in question is his shoulder which is supposed to healing fine. What guy would someone be sold on with the number 1 overall pick at QB? Name one quarterback you would have been perfectly comfortable (ignoring their success or lack thereof in the NFl now) with in the last 5 drafts.

  9. #9
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hemet/San Diego CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I think he really is a cut above the others in this class as an NFL prospect. OU hasn't had much of a running game since Adrian Peterson left, and their defense wasn't going to win any games for them. He did have a good line and good receivers, but OU was hardly the only team stocked with talent on offense and nobody was putting up points like they were. I mean they put up 35 points in their lowest scoring regular season game of 2008.

    I don't know if he's worth the top overall pick, but if he came out last year, I would not have been surprised if he was the first quarterback taken.




    The Falcons won 4 games the season before they got Ryan. I wouldn't exactly argue that they were a "talent-driven" team at the time.
    The falcons picked up Michael Turner and had a new regime come in bringing

  10. #10
    SJacks039's Avatar
    SJacks039 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ILLinios
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    I agree that Bradford is getting overrated. I think the top tier are bradford and clausen(fairly obvious) in weak qb class. I don't see anything about bradford that makes me think he will be better than clausen. Everyone wants to make a big deal about clausen's toe and his "atittude". How about bradford's shoulder that can't take a hit. How about the fact that bradford had his coaches call audibles while he was sitting back in the shotgun. I like the fact that clausen stood under the center and read defenses(thats leadership to me). I thought clausen was good at staying in the pocket and even taking hits while throwing. I believe clausen is the only qb worth a first round pick. Maybe they didn't win a ton, but what can you do when your defense lets up 30 something points a game. I really don't think our situation is right for a rookie qb and a veteran is needed to help our team win next year(hopefully not bulger).
    The one QB i would want at number 1 is Jake Locker. Shoot i might even take mallet before the two qbs this year.

    p.s.Notre Dame and Oklahoma are 2 of my least favorite college football teams(both in my top 5 least favorite).
    Last edited by SJacks039; -03-04-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: adding the quarterback i would take at number 1

  11. #11
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    The falcons picked up Michael Turner and had a new regime come in bringing
    So? We have SJ and Spags. If that's all it takes, then we're primed for the same kind of turnaround.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Bradford WAS oklahoma and when he went down, that whole team went down with him and ended up unranked. QBs aren't a dime a dozen like RBs are. You need a guy who can get it done and Bradford can get it done.
    That's a good point. OU was ranked in the top 5 in a lot of the pre-season rankings, but when Bradford went down, they tanked. That kind of says he was a little more than a system quarterback.

  12. #12
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I think he really is a cut above the others in this class as an NFL prospect. OU hasn't had much of a running game since Adrian Peterson left, and their defense wasn't going to win any games for them. He did have a good line and good receivers, but OU was hardly the only team stocked with talent on offense and nobody was putting up points like they were. I mean they put up 35 points in their lowest scoring regular season game of 2008.

    I don't know if he's worth the top overall pick, but if he came out last year, I would not have been surprised if he was the first quarterback taken.




    The Falcons won 4 games the season before they got Ryan. I wouldn't exactly argue that they were a "talent-driven" team at the time.
    Michael Vick's legal troubles first were reported 3 days before the draft and well after the start of free agency, too late for them to make adequate preparations to possibly retool the offense, especially since the Falcons could not have known the extent of the problems until after the draft.

  13. #13
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    Quote Originally Posted by SJacks039 View Post
    I agree that Bradford is getting overrated. I think the top tier are bradford and clausen(fairly obvious) in weak qb class. I don't see anything about bradford that makes me think he will be better than clausen. Everyone wants to make a big deal about clausen's toe and his "atittude". How about bradford's shoulder that can't take a hit. How about the fact that bradford had his coaches call audibles while he was sitting back in the shotgun. I like the fact that clausen stood under the center and read defenses(thats leadership to me). I thought clausen was good at staying in the pocket and even taking hits while throwing. I believe clausen is the only qb worth a first round pick. Maybe they didn't win a ton, but what can you do when your defense lets up 30 something points a game. I really don't think our situation is right for a rookie qb and a veteran is needed to help our team win next year(hopefully not bulger).
    The one QB i would want at number 1 is Jake Locker. Shoot i might even take mallet before the two qbs this year.

    p.s.Notre Dame and Oklahoma are 2 of my least favorite college football teams(both in my top 5 least favorite).

    What really? Did you just not read what Bralidore posted?

    1) Sam Bradford HAS PLAYED under center. It is not foreign to him.

    2) His shoulder CAN take hits. He just landed wrong and had a freak injury. Before that injury, he was taking hits left and right, and bounced right back up.

    3) Bradford makes great reads.

    4) Bradford also has great pocket presence.



    And Rich, I disagree with Pike being top tier. He's just not that good.

  14. #14
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,122
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    What really? Did you just not read what Bralidore posted?

    1) Sam Bradford HAS PLAYED under center. It is not foreign to him.

    2) His shoulder CAN take hits. He just landed wrong and had a freak injury. Before that injury, he was taking hits left and right, and bounced right back up.

    3) Bradford makes great reads.

    4) Bradford also has great pocket presence.

    And Rich, I disagree with Pike being top tier. He's just not that good.
    I think you could say that Pike and Clausen have all 4 of those qualities.

    Pretend all 3 of these guys played for a average/good team in college, Let's say a team like IOWA or Georgia or Boston College.

    I think Clausen and Pike would excel more in those situations.

    Lets compare Pike and Bradford.

    They are physically big and neither are weight room guys (yet).

    Both are very accurrate and both have about the same arm strength.

    Bradford has a quicker release but Tony Pike stands taller (on toes, ie Brady/Rivers).

    I do think Pike needs to get stronger, more fit, especially in his legs to be a successful pro but i do think his potential is higher than Bradford's.

    I think Bradford is currently alittle more accurate and his throws require more body effort than Pike's.

    Bradford also seems to have a Knee brace, can anyone confirm if he had an ACL already.

    I am not biased either way as I am a florida state fan and simply want to best for the rams.

    I simply think the rams go with Clausen and win now, or go value with Suh and Vick/McNabb/Free Agent and groom Pike for next season.


    So if my choices are Bradford, Clausen, or Pike (round 2) <-- don't forget

    I rank Clausen, Pike, Bradford (in that order our best choices).

    I would love to hear an honest un-biased analysis of Pike vs. Bradford.

    thank guyes

  15. #15
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Am I the only one who is not sold on Bradford.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Michael Vick's legal troubles first were reported 3 days before the draft and well after the start of free agency, too late for them to make adequate preparations to possibly retool the offense, especially since the Falcons could not have known the extent of the problems until after the draft.
    Does it really matter why they didn't pick up more talent in advance of that terrible season? The point is that the Falcons were basically rebuilding for the post-Vick era when they drafted Ryan. They weren't an especially talented team that just needed a quarterback to complete the puzzle. They drafted the left tackle that would be protecting Ryan later in the same draft! They drafted a defensive tackle the year after they drafted Ryan. The Falcons model for rebuilding actually supports the idea that a quarterback could potentially come in and make an immediate difference, even if all of the pieces aren't there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: -03-07-2010, 03:00 AM
  2. Top QBs are on Rams' radar
    By eldfan in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -02-28-2010, 06:15 PM
  3. Scott Wright: Rams pick QB Sam Bradford #1
    By viper in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: -01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
  4. ESPN: Bradford expected to return
    By Nick in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -01-14-2009, 10:14 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: -01-11-2009, 05:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •