View Poll Results: Is Amobi Okoye still an option for the Rams if he's there at the 13th overall pick?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • SIDE A: Yes, the Rams should still consider Okoye as an option.

14 66.67%
  • SIDE B: No, the Rams should no longer consider Okoye and option.

7 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amobi Okoye

knobs27 is offline Registered User

Re: Amobi Okoye

how can you not consider him when your a 4-3 defense. he has excellent hands and explosion of the ball. he is the penetrating type of DT alot of teams covet because of his disruptive nature in an offenses backfield.

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Side B
    See also.....
    Ryan Pickett
    Damione Lewis
    Jimmy Kennedy

Been here, done that, get a MLB, case closed

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Okoye won't be undersized for very long. Remember last year when D'Brickshaw went to the senior bowl at 295lbs. then came ot the combine at 315lbs.

I expect Okoye to ber about 305lbs. by the time the combine rolls around.
    I expect him to put on some weight. He's said as much himself. But let's be realistic - he's not going to be the massive tackle many had hoped. I think it's doubtful that he adds 20 pounds in a month, but even if he does, I don't think he's going to add much more over that considering he likes his ideal playing weight to be around 295-300.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    Side B
    See also.....
    Ryan Pickett
    Damione Lewis
    Jimmy Kennedy

So we should never draft a first round defensive tackle ever again because of these three players? I don't see the logic at all. We don't exactly have a great track record of drafting linebackers, either.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    Side B
    See also.....
    Ryan Pickett
    Damione Lewis
    Jimmy Kennedy

those three picks are exactly the reason why we should be looking at Okoye. If we had picked good DTs in the past we wouldnt need one now. But that doesnt mean we will draft a bust again. And also, we picked an MLB before in the first in Robert Thomas. Look how that turned out.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I think we need to adress the DT position through free agency. We cannot stop the run as it stands right now and we need someone that can come in and start and make plays from day 1. The only real 'impact' player I see coming into the draft at DT is Alan Branch. I think we should focus more on depth in the linebacking core and to find someone opposite Little. Theres a lot of depth at the DEnd spot and we could even look at guys in the second round like Lamarr Woodley and Victor Abimiri. I think we just all need to relax a little bit, wait until combine and see how all the prospects work out.

keith m. klink Guest

i voted no, not because of talent, ( this kid was the talk of the all-star game) he did great against top talent.the kid is as smart as they come, and the ceiling on this kid is higher than most. but if we had a solid defensive line in place where he could find his spot, that would be another story, i would say yes. but we need a true force in the middle , yesterday, and don't have the luxery of being a 12-4 team , at 8-8 we need a proven 1st round pick to produce and be the impact player a first rounder making that money, should be from day one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12