the chosen1 is offline Registered User

Andre Woodson a possibilit

I was watching Sportcenter and Mel Kiper that nut head was talking about where potential QB's can go in the draft. I happened to notice that Andre Woodson name was not mentioned. So I continued to watch until in the last moment he talked about how Woodson has slipped since the start of the season and the practice of senior bowl. I think this kid has a bunch of potential, has a big arm and is durable. He can also move out of the pocket. Only knock on him is his slow delivery so here is my question of he is still on the board during the 3rd round should the Rams pick him up and slowly develop him? I think this kid is going to be a stud in a couple of years.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Andre Woodson a possibilit

third round for a QB? i think we have too many needs to be taking a QB in the third round. We probably need to be getting a DE, an OT and a WR in the first three rounds, and a QB that high, what with Bulger around, would be a needless luxury pick

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Living in Lexington, I hear tons of press about Woodson, most of it good of course, but here's what I've put together about him. While the value would be there in the 3rd, as he at one point had 1st round talent, the problems come in with his funky throwing motion(see Vince Young), and him not being a polished quarterback by any standard. Really, he's a Vince Young who does not have the ability to will his team to victory. While he may be able to be polished, I believe that we would need a very good quarterbacks coach to be able to do so as well as a new system developed to take into account what his strengths are compared to a traditional pocket quarterback. After all that, if we're trying to be competative now, then we have too many holes to fill touse a 3rd round pick on a quarterback like Woodson. Now, if Brohm or Flacco somehow got down that far, they are much closer tow hat we use and are much more established pocket passers and have better decision making skills than Woodson, so I could maybe see taking one of them. But I don't see a way to get them at that point in the draft.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I absolutely hate quarterbacks with a long release time. I don't think a quarterback with a strange/long release has a good chance of making it in the NFL. That being said, I don't know much about Woodson so you should obviously take my comments with a grain of salt.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    third round for a QB? i think we have too many needs to be taking a QB in the third round. We probably need to be getting a DE, an OT and a WR in the first three rounds, and a QB that high, what with Bulger around, would be a needless luxury pick
    Ah yes, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to draft for luxury? Instead of running around trying to fill holes 6ft deep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    Ah yes, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to draft for luxury? Instead of running around trying to fill holes 6ft deep.
    it would be nice, yes

but we are a long way off from that right now!

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Re: Andre Woodson a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    If we had some good draft picks in the past 10 years, made better free agent pickups, and just Front Office decisions in general, we might not be digging ourselves out of our grave and could afford a luxury pick here and there. :x

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Andre Woodson a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    If we had some good draft picks in the past 10 years, made better free agent pickups, and just Front Office decisions in general, we might not be digging ourselves out of our grave and could afford a luxury pick here and there. :x
    And if my aunt had a sack she'd be my uncle. But alas, Aunt Ethel is still Aunt Ethel and here we sit at 3-13 with a high draft pick and a ton more holes needing to be filled than taking a flyer on Andre Woodson in the 3rd round or anywhere for that matter.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

GSOT is offline Registered User

Ewwwww not a fan of Woodson.

B.Bonds25>God Guest

Woodson sucks, it takes him about an hour to release the ball