Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Andrew Luck

mtah6245 is offline Registered User

Andrew Luck

If the Rams have a chance in the 2012 NFL draft to draft QB Andrew Luck should they draft Luck, select another player with the pick, or since the Rams need players in several positions trade the pick to one of the several NFL teams who will probably be willing to give up multiple picks and or players to acquire Luck in other words trade the pick to the highest bidder?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Andrew Luck

So you are asking if we should dump Bradford 4 games into the year after he won offensive rookie of the year and set multiple rookie passing records on a team with no wideouts?

I know you didn't say it, but you posed the question and didn't dismiss it. Bradford is a good QB who has elite potential. He'd have much better number if the wideouts would actually come down with the ball when he puts it up there for him. To even wonder if we should draft another QB already is ridiculous.

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

I think that we will trade the pick. So many teams will want Luck it will give us alot of high picks.

No I was not asking should the Rams dump Bradford but should they draft Andrew Luck if they have a chance to in the 2012 draft or trade the pick to the highest bidder. Bradford won offensive rookie of the year in 2010 and set passing records going against a weak schedule and have better wide outs this year and so far is looking at being the QB behind a team who might not win a game until November. I believe the Rams problems is not only wide outs but other positions including the QB with potential.

And this unproven Luck is the answer? Oh I forgot, Luck has achieved god status and guarantees 30 TDs and a superbowl ring every year already. The Luck hype is beyond ridiculous. Bradford is not the problem. Unless hitting receivers in the numbers and having them drop it is on the QB, but last time I checked that's on the WR. No time, no one open, no one catching the ball, and what does Bradford do? Stands in the pocket, takes hits, and still throws strikes. Once again, Bradford is not our problem, watch the games.

Go ahead, drool over the best QB to come out of college in the last 15 years. I can't remember who that is because every year the best QB in the last 15 years comes out.
    ManofGod likes this.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I know we are 0 and 4 but I'm still pretty convinced we won't be picking 1st.

If by miracle we are we would probably have to try and trade... not sure we can afford to pay another #1 pick. : )

Luck in a Rams uniform this year wouldn't have changed the 0 and 4 results... no need to do anything but surround Bradford with help.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Round 1 Alshon Jeffery
    Round 2 Michael Floyd

Major30 is offline Registered User

No way the rams are picking first. You gotta be kidding me with this thread.

Picking 1st: certainly a possibility at this point.

Picking Luck: Unless Bradford suffers a career ending injury, not a chance.

At 0-4 with upcoming games at Green Bay, at Dallas, and home vs New Orleans. I would say we are in the drivers seat so far to obtaining the first round pick in the Luck Sweepstakes.

I wish some fans will stop blaming every one except Sam Bradford. He is not the entire problem but I believe he is part of the problem. Let's see 4 lost fumbles, 36 for 75 330 yards and only 2 tds and 1 interception in the last 8 quarters of football. Sure the receivers and the o line is part of the problem but a good part of the bad QB stats fall on Bradford himself, who was also hyped last year before the draft as the best QB to come out of college in the last 25 years. May be he was over hyped and overrated.
    MrBagIndgang likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Unless Bradford sustains a serious injury that reopens questions about his long-term durability, then the Rams have no business even thinking about drafting Andrew Luck. Even then, they've put their eggs in Sam's basket and can't give up on him yet. Nor should they, because while he's made mistakes and still has room to improve, as he's shown flashes of what he could do if he had better play around him. Hopefully he just lives to see that day.

The key will be finding those better players, and should the Rams have the top pick in this draft, there should be no shortage of suitors in terms of trade offers to swap spots so teams in need of a quarterback can move up and get Andrew Luck. If the Rams can move down a handful of spots and acquire some more picks, they should be able to use those resources to add an impact receiver and some other pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by mtah6245 View Post
    I wish some fans will stop blaming every one except Sam Bradford. He is not the entire problem but I believe he is part of the problem. Let's see 4 lost fumbles, 36 for 75 330 yards and only 2 tds and 1 interception in the last 8 quarters of football. Sure the receivers and the o line is part of the problem but a good part of the bad QB stats fall on Bradford himself, who was also hyped last year before the draft as the best QB to come out of college in the last 25 years. May be he was over hyped and overrated.
    Team building 101: every rookie has literally 1 year to reach pro bowl status or they need to be replaced ASAP. Rinse and repeat until every player on team in pro bowl.

In all seriousness, has Bradford been the best QB in the league? No. Has he missed throws that he could have made? Yes. Have Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers missed on throws they should have made? Yes. Is Bradford at their level and should he be? No.

The QB gets 20 games and he needs to be replaced? There is a reason Bradford made people go bonkers last year even though he wasn't putting up pro bowl numbers. Because he was showing that he had the stuff to do it. He is still showing that this year, but his WRs have somehow become considerably worse at catching the ball. If the Rams had half as many drops (unofficial drops, there have been games where 8 or 9 balls have been easy catches and the Rams only get credited with a couple of drops) and suddenly Bradford would look amazing.

I think you are mistaking Bradford not playing as good as Tom Brady for Bradford being the part that needs replacing in order for the offense to function. Give Bradford one of just two things, an oline that gives him more time, or receivers that don't drop his passes, and suddenly you'd see an entirely different QB. Brady or Rodgers wouldn't look good behind this offense, I don't know how anyone expects Bradford to.

What I do know is that if Bradford keeps getting pounded like this, eventually he will fade away and lose that potential. That's the real threat. The solution however is not to stupidly waste a draft pick shoring up a position that in no ways needs reinforcement.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

I think we should draft Luck. Him backing up Bradford would do wonders for our salary cap!!!

npow81 is offline Registered User

I think if it were to happen the Bradford v. Luck is 100% a legitimate question, and by no means whatsoever is this an attack on Sam, what is happening right now is not his fault whatsoever.

Sam is an elite prospect, Andrew Luck is also an elite prospect, and by almost unanimous consensus he is a once in a generation qb, and the same could also be said for Sam. If, it were to happen, given the position, it solely is a decision on who would have a better career. Quite honestly, I almost hate to say it, but I think Luck is going to be better--so whatever that is worth I don't think anyone is crazy at all for at least broaching the subject.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast