LARAM is offline Registered User

Another draft trade down rumor......Disturbing

I listened to some ESPN analyst, talk about how Chicago loves Darren McFadden to the point, that they may be willing to trade up to get him.

This scares me.....With other rumors of Dallas and Oakland wanting him, in order for Chicago to possibly get Mcfadden, they might possibly have to trade up to at least the #3 pick or even #2. This could be a possibility, and I hate to say it, but it isn't all that crazy sounding. I guess alot depends on what Miami does as well. I guess if a trade like this happened, we would all be blindsided.

I am totally against a trade back to the 14th pick, but what would be reasonable compensation if something like this happened? How could something like this benefit the Rams, and what type of strategy would we use for our picks.

I just think it's absolutely crazy to trade back this far, and I know this is all speculative, but jeez, What kind of deal would it take for the Rams to move back that far?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Another draft trade down rumor......Disturbing

Throw in Tommie Harris who is in his last year and I love that deal. I would even take one of their starting corners then select a guy like Derrick Harvey or maybe even DRC, but I think this is all rumor

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The difference between the second overall pick and the 14th overall pick is 1500 points, which is still the value of a top ten pick. Even if you take some value away because of the contract associated with such a high pick, it's going to be a difference equivalent to another first rounder.

This is why rumors about teams in the mid to late first round trading into the top five are unlikely - the value to get up there is just so tough. Even Dallas with their two first rounders have a problem getting into the top five.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Well, the draft chart gives the Rams #2 a value of 2600. The Bears pick at #14 is 1100, and at #44 is 460. That still leaves 1040 of value left. Well, the Whiners, now the Bears 3rd rounder is worth 235, so we're down to 805. Even if you throw in next year's first rounder(assumed to be 2nd round, 15th pick, worth 430) you are still 375 short.

Never the less, if they give us a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next year's 1st. I'll be happy to take it! We should have our choice of possibly two of the top four tackles as well as Derrick Harvey, the third best DE. In the second, we'd then be able to grab both an OT or DE plus our WR of the future. In the third we could grab a safety and a LB.

If somehow, someway, we actually get the opportunity to trade down, if we can even come close to value, we should take it and run. Even though we'll lose out on my favorite player, Chris Long. Of course there's not a super chance of us getting him anyway.