RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Another look at the cap

Here is a little cap I put together. I am starting to think we wont get an OT round 1 and we might be better off keeping Pace next year and restructuring his contract. Pace is due to make 9mil if we cut him we save 6mil but still owe him 3mil. What if we could restructure his contract to where he would only cost us 6mil this year. That would mean that by dropping Pace vs. restructuring him you would only save 3mil. I dont think with that difference of 3mil we could find a better LT then Pace. Bulger I would either just keep at the contract he has or possibly restructurer if possible. Those are the only two contracts I could see restructuring.

Below in the Chart:
    Blue is our starting point and what we need for the draft.
    Yellow is here we are now before cuts
    Orange is the total possible savings if cutting all the players
    Aqua is what my choice would be to do as far as cutting and restructuring. (Does not include savings from restructuring)

Note please double click to view. (sorry so small)

Another look at the cap-rams-cap.jpg
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -02-08-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Chase the Eagles Fan is offline Registered User

Re: Another look at the cap

Hats off to you for doing the work there...

I thought I was the only guy that watched football with Microsoft Excel.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

The Rams should cut QB Green and SS Chavous. I would also try to restructure OT Pace ( to keep him ) & WR Holt (to Trade him , if not to cut ).

I would keep DT Wroten ( Le Roy Glover is retiring ). You have to keep L. Little DE he would be a huge cap hit & the Rams only speed rusher DE.
    I'm not sure about pisa , who's going to take his place.

I would try to restructure all the high priced players. Do they deserve the money with only winning 2 games in a season.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Wroten could and can still play... he just needs to get his stuff together ...

39thebeast is offline Registered User

McMichael was playing well before he went down. He gave Bulger a consistent target over the middle. He will really be needed in the WCO. Doubt Bulger will restructure since he signed so recently. Can't disagree alot with the rest.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

unless i could find a positively good replacement, or was sure i could make the offense work with the backup TE under the new offense, i would do my best to keep McMichael..

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    McMichael was playing well before he went down. He gave Bulger a consistent target over the middle. He will really be needed in the WCO. Doubt Bulger will restructure since he signed so recently. Can't disagree alot with the rest.
    I agree, I still have faith that McMichael could become a big time target, he just has to get healthy! If we give him the boot we are going to have to start over, and I don't think I could handle seeing another 1st day draft pick spent on a TE.

But great job, seeing that fat cap hit by Holt really convinces me that he is going to be gone next year. Two years ago I doubt I would have ever been able to convince myself that we are a better team with out Holt, but at this point in his career he just can't take up that much room.

And as much as I love Pisa, and as much of a great guy that he is, and I know he is a fierce competitor, he just hasn't been doing a good job. It kills me, but I think Will needs to replace Hawaii 5-O and we need to get 2 more big LB's.

If we can free up that much space, I think we can make at least one pretty big splash in free agency. That being said I've heard enough of this "realistic" crap. We have money, and players just want to get paid. If Billy and Spags think we need someone like Haynesworth to succeed, I think we could throw some money his way and see him in horns next year.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

McMichael needs to lose 20 lbs if he wants to stay on the team.
    otherwise, great job on the excel man!