msha is offline Registered User

Another Mock Draft

Rd. 1: Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska - To me, this is an easy decision. He will put much needed pressure on the qb and make the rest of the defense better.

Rd. 2: Sean Weatherspoon, OLB Missouri - If Weatherspoon is there, I think we should grab him. He could start from day 1, and be a big upgrade.

Rd. 3: Dan LeFevour, QB Central Michigan - He may not be as good as Bradford or Clausen, but he is an accurate and dual threat qb who had four great years at Central Michigan.

Rd. 4: Ed Dickson, TE Oregon - If the Rams don't get a TE through FA, they should consider drafting Dickson. He is a great athlete that can catch anything his way. He does need to work on his blocking, though.

Rd. 5: Jason Fox, OT Miami - He has the potential to be a 2nd-3rd rounder, but has injury/health questions. If he is still there, the Rams should take a chance on this experienced OT.

Rd. 5: John Jerry, OG Ole Miss - Jerry looked solid in the Senior Bowl, and could provide depth on the O-Line and will eventually be a starter. If he is available, this should be an easy pick.

Rd. 6: Freddie Barnes, WR Bowling Green - Barnes had an outstanding career at Bowling Green with an NCAA record 155 receptions last year. He doesn't have great speed, but has the potential to succeed.

Rd. 7: LeGarrette Blount, RB Oregon - He has character issues, but is very impressive when he plays. He had 7 carries for 35 yards and a td in the senior bowl and almost had a second td. A good power back behind SJax.

Rd. 7: O'Brien Schofield, DE Wisconsin - Schofield had the potential to be drafted in rds 2-3 before tearing his acl. If no other team takes him, the Rams should draft him and place him on IR for 2010.

I know this draft is very optimistic and some of the picks may not be available, but I would like to see your comments and criticism on this mock draft.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Another Mock Draft

I like the first 5 rounds, after that it gets iffy for me. I really dont think we should add another rookie receiver to our list of inexperience, also I doubt that Blount is there in round 7 even with "The Punch".

ya i do agree that we have enough young receivers and may not need more and blount may not be there but if he is we should get him

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Overall, i really like this draft. The funny thing is, every mock draft nowadays has us picking Suh, Weatherspoon, and LeFevour. I also made 2 mock's a little while ago and they both had those three picks... haha

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Yea this is probably your first draft and its looking like others. It's good but next time take a chance and put other names in that will spark a discussion.

ya i agree everyone does have those first 3 picks that i like, so i put them up

sntlouisrams is offline Registered User

agree with your draft completely and would love every step of it. But if you ghad the option who would it be s.weatherspoon or Brandon Graham. I know we need a good Linebacker to work with James L. But seriously if little retires or is a 1 down pass rush, having a line of Long Suh Carricker and Graham that would be one of the best in the leagues and would allow graham or long to be 1 on 1 and we all saw how awesome graham was against qb and against the run on that front.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-01-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Read Rule #1 sometime

if graham and weatherspoon were both there, i could not argue with drafting either of them. i would like the idea of drafting graham and getting an olb through FA or later in the draft, i think that would give us one of the better defenses in the league.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Most reports I have seen reflect Graham being a better choice for the 3-4 as an OLB. Which would suit us fine too, but he's not a DE replacement for Little.

Go Rams!

i think he could be little's replacement after watching that senior bowl we could have a top 5 defensive line in a couple years