ramhard is offline Registered User

Another player should drop to Rams in 2nd with Tebow at draft

The NFL invited Tebow to the draft this year. They usually only invite players that are considered fairly sure 1st rounders (and usually only the high ones) so that the player does not face the embarrassment of sitting through the entire draft (a la Quinn a few years ago). This year it is even worse as only the 1st round is on the first day so if a person doesn't get chosen in the 1st they have to come back the next day. So if Tebow is invited I doubt the NFL would have him humiliated like that so they must have assurances that at least 1 team has indicated they will draft him if available. Since in most mock's he's not included in the 1st, I would think this would mean that the Ram's #2 pick just got more valuable as another player will drop and be available.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Re: Another player should drop to Rams in 2nd with Tebow at draft

Hmmmm.....

thermobee is offline Registered User

You have to admit it would be funny if he stays there till the 3rd though. The comish will probably bring him in if he gets past the first anyway.

I really dont see how anyone can use a 1st round pick on him period.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramhard View Post
    The NFL invited Tebow to the draft this year. They usually only invite players that are considered fairly sure 1st rounders (and usually only the high ones) so that the player does not face the embarrassment of sitting through the entire draft (a la Quinn a few years ago). This year it is even worse as only the 1st round is on the first day so if a person doesn't get chosen in the 1st they have to come back the next day. So if Tebow is invited I doubt the NFL would have him humiliated like that so they must have assurances that at least 1 team has indicated they will draft him if available. Since in most mock's he's not included in the 1st, I would think this would mean that the Ram's #2 pick just got more valuable as another player will drop and be available.

The thing you are forgetting about Teabow is that he is a "PRODUCT" himself.
    Teabow doesn't have to play NFL football.
    He is an icon already. He is considered one of the greatest college players.
    The media loves him and he loves the media.
    He will be there to preach and develop relationship with other big names.

Teabow is NOT Brady Quinn. Can anyone forget the glum look on Brady Quinn's face when hhis draft stock slipped?
    Quinn looked like he was dissappointed to be drafted on what should have been the happiest day of his life.

If Teabow was Mr. Irrelevant, he would still get up there and be the most enthusiastic guy in the room.

He will do for his community as Warrick Dunn did.

I am a Florida St fan and don't think Teabow can play in the NFL but you must acknowledge his greatest as a student / athelete / humanitarian.

Teabow and Rolle should both be at the draft to create a strong bridge for the college player to the NFL player.

Teabow and Rolle are like the President and Vice President of the NCAA.

The could be football players or politicians - either way they carry great importance.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

They didn't invite him because they know he's a 1st rounder (how could they?). They invited him because he's very well known.

That said... here's my dark-horse team to take him, maybe as early as Round 1: Pittsburgh Steelers. Say what you will about Tebow's skills, but on a personal level, he seems to be the Anti-Roethlisberger. Also, don't forget, this is the franchise who invented "slash" and made Antwan Randal-El into a player.

No one "knows" but they have info we don't have

Avenger Ram, you said no one "knows" ... of course - but the NFL is not (usually) stupid and has far more information and contacts about drafting than we have. They use the info and guess or conjecture just like we do BUT with more info. So given that I'd say that of course it is not 100% but I would be much more willing to lay a bet that he sneaks into the 1st round now, than before he was invited. Wanna bet?

Tiko377 is offline Registered User

He wouldnt be a horrible option imo .... i do think he will slip in the 3rd round as well....

rams should draft 1.suh 2.benn 3. tebow

that would be a great draft for the rams if thats possible.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

the report i saw was that they invited him to the "green room" ...for the second day.

also theres some reports now coming out that he wont be there atall.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: No one "knows" but they have info we don't have

Quote Originally Posted by ramhard View Post
    Avenger Ram, you said no one "knows" ... of course - but the NFL is not (usually) stupid and has far more information and contacts about drafting than we have. They use the info and guess or conjecture just like we do BUT with more info. So given that I'd say that of course it is not 100% but I would be much more willing to lay a bet that he sneaks into the 1st round now, than before he was invited. Wanna bet?
    The NFL does not know, nor do they care, whether he'll go in Round 1. His presence is a story either way. In fact, it could add a great deal of intrigue to the broadcast of the late portion of Round 1 if the camera has to keep panning to Tebow sitting there with that "what, me worry" look on his face.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

My projection for Tim Tebow is the Minnesota Vikings. He can sit behind Brett Farve for a year and learn, and he will have the best supporting cast available. Just look at Aaron Rogers and how well he turned out. Tebow, IMO, will develop faster and be 100x better leader. Exactly what the Vikings need.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -03-22-2010 at 02:09 PM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Since the second round is on a new day this year, he's probably invited to that. They're bringing in reasons for non-dratniks to tune in on day two.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tiko377 View Post
    He wouldnt be a horrible option imo .... i do think he will slip in the 3rd round as well....

rams should draft 1.suh 2.benn 3. tebow

that would be a great draft for the rams if thats possible.

I wouldn't be mad at that draft .... the only thing is that this draft is soooo deep someone may fall to our Round 3 pick that could be an instant starter.

If there is an instant starter at round 3 pick 1 -- its hard to pass that up.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Tebow said he is more likely to follow in the footsteps of Joe Thomas, and go fishing with his dad on the day of the draft

Not to beat a dead horse

Support for my assertion that there is a good chance Tebow is going higher than the 3rd and will probably sneak into the first. From Peter King's Monday Morning QB he describes given his discussions with teams, the signs point to Tebow going relatively high:

"The NFL Draft's a month from today, and this weekend has proven one thing to me: Tim Tebow's going higher than we thought he would....I now think Tebow's going in the 28 to 45 range, to a team willing to be patient with him at quarterback and maybe to allow him to help the team in other ways immediately. That's how much he helped himself with the aggressive remaking of his throwing motion at his workout Wednesday"

The Rams should be rooting for Tebow to go high (and any other lower ranked player not on their radar) for their picks to have more value.
    Last edited by ramhard; -03-22-2010 at 10:50 PM.