clarasDK is offline Registered User

Another trade down scenario

Rumors has it that the Browns are really hot on Sanchez. With the Redskins and other teams in the hunt also, maybe via a trade with the Chiefs.

What about this scenario:

Rams get Quinn and the Browns first round pick, they get our first round pick and maybe a third round pick or a fourth round pick.

We would probably still be able to get one of the OT's or Curry and we would have a young QB prospect that might be our QB of the future. And we would save money both on our pick this year and on Quinn as he is not the most expensive QB as he was drafted fairly late in the first round by the Browns.

In my opinion the teams wanting Sanchez is our best chance for a trade down.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Another trade down scenario

That seems to be the only way the Rams get a trade down scenario to work.....my ideal scenario would be the Lions take Curry. Then, that gives the Rams some leverage with both QB's on the board.

we are Guest

I really want the Bills to trade up (somehow?) to number 2 and take Curry, and then OT at #28, DE in the 2nd, and TE in the 3rd. I doubt it would happen, but would love it.

zingers16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by we are View Post
    I really want the Bills to trade up (somehow?) to number 2 and take Curry, and then OT at #28, DE in the 2nd, and TE in the 3rd. I doubt it would happen, but would love it.
    I know you said you doubt it will happen but i am curious as to how you expect the Bills to trade up to the #2 pick and still keep both their firsts, or their highest first and second and something else.

we are Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zingers16 View Post
    I know you said you doubt it will happen but i am curious as to how you expect the Bills to trade up to the #2 pick and still keep both their firsts, or their highest first and second and something else.
    Well it was just my dream scenario so I didnt really put much though into it. It would obviously take Buffalo's 11th, 2nd rd, and 4th rd (or something like that.)

That would allow St. Louis to take A. Smith/Oher at 11, and have two 2nd rounders in the top 10. As well as another 4th rounder, which we all know still have alot of value. All while only moving down 9 spots.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    That seems to be the only way the Rams get a trade down scenario to work.....my ideal scenario would be the Lions take Curry. Then, that gives the Rams some leverage with both QB's on the board.
    Wouldn't the rams have more leverage if only one of the top two Qb's was left on the board?

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I think there will be a trade down, but that it will involve the #35 pick when someone slips out of the first round. Perhaps a team like Miami with a middel and late #2. I won't guess in the hypathetical about who they might target.
    Semper Fi!

The hardest part right now is to figure out if the interest in Sanchez is a smoke screen for the Browns? I have not seen him play at all but how good/bad is Quinn actually?

Maybe we should just draft Sanchez and then see what trades would come up right after

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

ClarasDK

What if Rams trade Bulger to the Jets or somebody else for there 1st round pick and draft Sanchez to keep. Kyle Boller will be the starter for year 1. Sanchez takes over after a year on bench learning the system while O-line learns to play together or jell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    ClarasDK

What if Rams trade Bulger to the Jets or somebody else for there 1st round pick and draft Sanchez to keep. Kyle Boller will be the starter for year 1. Sanchez takes over after a year on bench learning the system while O-line learns to play together or jell.
    Eventhough getting a potential franchise QB would be nice I don't like the idea. First of all I think drafting QB's is a lottery. Just look at all the high pick QB that came out of colllege supposed to save the world. Leinart, Smith, Losman, Grossman and so forth. There is just a big risk here. The Rams really need to pick a player that can produce now. And even if Sanchez is the next Montana or something he would still be playing behind a really bad O-line so he would be on his back as much as Bulger have the last years any how.

Furthermore I still don't think Bulger is our problem. In my book he deserves a year behind a good O-line before we part ways.

We need to fix our O line and improve our defence to take the pressure of our offence so that we can run the ball and manage the clock. That should be our priority. Trading down with the Browns would give us either one of the two OT's or Curry at a cheaper price. With the bonus of a potential good player or another draft pick.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    Eventhough getting a potential franchise QB would be nice I don't like the idea. First of all I think drafting QB's is a lottery. Just look at all the high pick QB that came out of colllege supposed to save the world. Leinart, Smith, Losman, Grossman and so forth. There is just a big risk here. The Rams really need to pick a player that can produce now. And even if Sanchez is the next Montana or something he would still be playing behind a really bad O-line so he would be on his back as much as Bulger have the last years any how.

Furthermore I still don't think Bulger is our problem. In my book he deserves a year behind a good O-line before we part ways.

We need to fix our O line and improve our defence to take the pressure of our offence so that we can run the ball and manage the clock. That should be our priority. Trading down with the Browns would give us either one of the two OT's or Curry at a cheaper price. With the bonus of a potential good player or another draft pick.
    I'm just saying the Rams are rebuilding and drafting a QB to sit a year while K. Boller is under contract is a smart thing to do. By the time Spags and Devaney get the rest of the team to be contenders Bulger will be on his way out. I like Bulger but , I like the Rams as a team more. Just thinking of the future . The Rams can get something for Bulger now not much later.