Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Vinnie25
  • 2 Post By Mikey

Thread: For the anti-WR group... here's a great stat

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

For the anti-WR group... here's a great stat

The top 3 WRs in receiving yards (Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson), and 6 of the top 8, will all be watching the playoffs from home.

That's not to say that a WR can't impact a team's fortunes. For example, I believe that Keenan Allen is a big reason that the Chargers made the playoffs. I also think that Michael Floyd's emergence as a counterpart to Larry Fitzgerald was a big reason for the Cardinals' improvement.

In the end, though, it seems that success comes from balance, Daniel-san.

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: For the anti-WR group... here's a great stat

yeah, but a WR core is more important.....

only 3 of the top 14 teams in Overall Receiving Yards had less than a .500 record

versus

4 of the bottom 14 in Overall Receiving Yards making the playoffs - they had elite defenses.

Indeed, I agree success comes from balance, but I firmly believe the Rams are least "balanced" in 3 key areas, WRs, DBs, and Oline

There is so much more too it than that weak correlated statement, but most importantly, the Rams are in the toughest defensive division in football, and needs to score points to win these game with big playmaking ability and there will be 2-3 WRs added...and 2-3 Dbs......

its gonna be a great off-seaon, especially if we trade down with this draft class

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I agree with both of you, but I actually think that the Rams have a lot of talent at the WR position. Austin, Givens, Bailey, Quick, Pettis… all talented guys. We just need that main #1 receiver to complement them. I was hoping that Quick would be that guy, but unfortunately he hasn't evolved into that guy yet. Maybe we get him this year though, both Watkins and Evans look like they'll be good ones
    Randart likes this.

Mikey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    I agree with both of you, but I actually think that the Rams have a lot of talent at the WR position. Austin, Givens, Bailey, Quick, Pettis… all talented guys. We just need that main #1 receiver to complement them. I was hoping that Quick would be that guy, but unfortunately he hasn't evolved into that guy yet. Maybe we get him this year though, both Watkins and Evans look like they'll be good ones
    I think we need to have Ike and Tory show these kids how to catch the ball. Stedman will be our #1 I have a feeling.
    Richbert88 and Vinnie25 like this.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I think we need to have Ike and Tory show these kids how to catch the ball. Stedman will be our #1 I have a feeling.
    Stedman is showing his strong hands, but he needs a legit off-season of strength and conditioning to show he can out-power Defensive Backs since his hands will be needed in the middle of the field...

I am about to give up on Brian Quick....He just doesn't have skills and body control....this is his last chance....

The Rams are a power defensive team based with Fisher and Schotty ProStyle offense. Austin is our wildcard, now we need some help on the outside.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I think we need to have Ike and Tory show these kids how to catch the ball.
    Didn't they both visit Rams camp last offseason and work with these guys? I seem to remember pictures of them with some of the receivers.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Didn't they both visit Rams camp last offseason and work with these guys? I seem to remember pictures of them with some of the receivers.
    Yes they did. Unfortunately it hasn't seemed to do anything. Then again, coaching can only go so far.

THE DREAM TEAM