AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Antonio Appleby - a "riser" worth watching

I've mentioned him before, and he's looking more and more like a "riser." Here's a report on his Pro Day performance:

Antonio Appleby/ILB/Virginia: The Cavaliers' underrated linebacker was another combine snub. He measured 6-feet 3.5-inches and 245-pounds on Thursday, completed 24 reps on the bench and his 40 times ranged from 4.65-to-4.68 seconds. Appleby is likely to be the first non-combine participant from the defensive side of the ball drafted next month.
    If the Rams don't go with Curry at pick #2, this is a guy who could be a very good option in the 3rd or 4th Round.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Antonio Appleby - a "riser" worth watching

Monroe, Sintim, Appleby, C. Long....

Ladies & Gentleclannies, I give you the 2009 St Louis Ramaliers...uh...CavaRams...

Could happen...

BarronWade is offline Registered User

THIS SUX!!!!!!!

I've known this guy was a combine snub for a long time and i was projecting that the Rams get him as an Undrafted Rookie. Next week il make another mock draft taking this player into consideration a bit more

39thebeast is offline Registered User

The rams could end selecting 3 Virginia players in 2 years. I really like Monroe at 2 overall and we could go with Sintim in the second or Appleby later.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Sounds good to me. I like big linebackers not undersized guys. Cough, chamberlain and vobora, Cough.
    I think that when you are at the bottom you draft for future starters and when you are at the top, you can draft for depth.
    Were at the bottom, and this guy has the size to be a future starter. I have some old game film from monroe, so i'll take a look at him later on and let you guys know my thoughts.